Are You Superstitious?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Are You Superstitious?

I admit at times like this I border on OCD.

For starters, the Red Hoodie stays in the closet this time.

If the game is going well I stick with whatever I'm doing.  But if things are going badly, I watch a different TV, or mute the audio, or switch seats. 
    I am big on in-game adjustments.

Go Pats!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Are You Superstitious?

im wearing the same jersey i wore when they played the ravens two weeks ago, i guess that counts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Superstitious?:
    [QUOTE]im wearing the same jersey i wore when they played the ravens two weeks ago, i guess that counts
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Did you make sure not to wash it?  Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Superstitious? : Did you make sure not to wash it? 
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

haha oh damn i washed it on friday, i guess if they lose, its on me lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I wore a long sleeve Pats tee when they lost to the Giants this past season.  Since that game I have worn a short sleeve Pats tee, which has yet to be washed.  10 wins later, it is back on!  Win #11 is at hand!!  GO PATS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, wore the same things for the Ravens game that I wore for the Broncos game (I did wash them and they still worked) will be wearing the same things for the SB that I wore for both games (I washed them again).  Bought and serving the same refreshments I served for both games too.  Will be watching at a different location tho Surprised but taking the refreshments with me.  Was like that as a kid too for the games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I've been wearing the same Welker jersey for this entire winning streak.  I also have to have a shot of Jack Daniels at kickoff with friends (and at key moments of the game) for luck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Should I wear my blue Brady jersey I wore against the Broncos or the throwback Welker Jersey I wore against the Ravens?

I am thinking Welker has a big game and I wore my blue Brady jersey the last SB....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

I've been a PATs fan since the 70's. I use to wear Pat Patriot gear all the time until they lost in the 85/86 SB. I thought it was the gear but after they starting winning SBs again I started wearing the gear again and found it wasn't the gear, it was the ownership, coaches, and players who didn't perform. So I was happy I kept it all and still have it. I like the fact that they've brought back a lot of the old looking gear.

Which TV do I watch? Now that's another story similar to the in game adjustments mentioned by NYJoseph. :-) I bought a HD plasma over 5 years ago thinking I want to enjoy watching them win a championship on it and it's never happened. The only time I watch them on it is when it's a blowout and they have the game well in hand. I'll be watching this game on another TV.

Enjoy the game everyone!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Should I wear my blue Brady jersey I wore against the Broncos or the throwback Welker Jersey I wore against the Ravens? I am thinking Welker has a big game and I wore my blue Brady jersey the last SB....
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

Wear the blue Brady jersey.  They won much bigger in that game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Another thing, on that Giants game day, wore a Patriots wind breaker when I played golf.  Not today!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In Response to Are You Superstitious?:
    [QUOTE]I admit at times like this I border on OCD. For starters, the Red Hoodie stays in the closet this time. If the game is going well I stick with whatever I'm doing.  But if things are going badly, I watch a different TV, or mute the audio, or switch seats.  I am big on in-game adjustments. Go Pats!!!

I'll be wearing the hoodie I've worn for every game since the 2001 AFCCG. Go Pats!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If I am sitting and they're playing well, I stay seated.

If I am standing and they're playing well, I keep standing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

we are having the same food we had on each of the three sb wins. one key dish was missing on sb42.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

Yes. I'll be wearing my SBXXXVI tee shirt under my old Boston Patriots jersey, and wearing my red Pat Patriot hat on offense and taking it off on defense. If things start going wrong my wife wears the hat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Are You Superstitious?:
    [QUOTE]I admit at times like this I border on OCD. For starters, the Red Hoodie stays in the closet this time. If the game is going well I stick with whatever I'm doing.  But if things are going badly, I watch a different TV, or mute the audio, or switch seats.  I am big on in-game adjustments. Go Pats!!!

too funny - but true - EXACTLY how I watch..

I keep posting online (a lot) to start the game and if Pats are not doing well - i stop posting and see if that changes anything ..

Anything to give our team a spark :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

My biggest issue is that in the past, when the Pats were going to tank you could tell right away.  This years team had for many games first quarters where they had that tanking feel.  BUT they rose up, time after time.  I'm going to be living on the edge of death for the entire game unless it's a runaway.  I know they are better than the Giants.  I know they can win.  I know they adjust well, and that the first quarter isn't that relevant to this team.  RISE UP, PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Still wearing my Bruschi blue jersey.....Bruschi epitome of what the Patriots stand for.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]we are having the same food we had on each of the three sb wins. one key dish was missing on sb42.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I love it.

Please have someone double and triple-check that nothing is missing this time. Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'm wearing the same underwear...been wearing it since the post season started... LOL! :)  Just kidding of course.

We're all pulling in the right direction.  Good energy will find its way to show itself...stay positive!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'm alone watching. My wife goes to the BR to watch whatever.
    I don't like to have others around making comments especially dumb ones. I also like to keep my gumb thoughts to my self.
    I have a certain way I half way lay down on the couch with my left arm over my head it always seems to work. It's wierd

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Yep. Very. I will wear the same thing I wore the last 2 games. Sit in the same spot at by friends house and everything. That's just the way it is. Most of them do the same thing too. Pretty much all my sports friends are superstitious. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

I always wear the same color Pats t-shirt that the team is dressed in.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]we are having the same food we had on each of the three sb wins. one key dish was missing on sb42.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    So you are to blame for SB 42!!  Good man on getting it straightened out for this SB!  Enjoy!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

You guys make LOL. I do a lot of the same things. Although the eating the same meal for each SB hasn't been one of them at least for me.

Sections
Shortcuts