Are you worried about the Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Are you worried about the Patriots?

In response to TFB12's comment:

That's Rally's 2nd account.  He posted the exact same post above in a different thread and I exposed him on it here... Check it out.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/you-just-dont-understand-this-is-how-we-do-it/100/6805819?page=4

Rally is a fraud.  Nothing he says can be trusted now.  He has been exposed as a fraud.  A troll.  He was never an ex pro player or ex CFL player. 

Honestly, TFB, this is very Rusty-like.  Making claims about a person you don't know to be true is a poor tactic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:

I know many are saying that the Patriots will take time to get in sync and then they will be hitting on all cylinders.  I am hoping that  is the case but not entirely optimistic.  There are a lot of worrying signs and they are obvious to everyone.

First, I think getting rid of Welker was a huge mistake. We know Amendola is a good player and can be productive. However everyone knows he is injury prone.  We are replacing one of most durable players in Welker with an injury prone player like Amendola. The way he plays and the kind of hits he takes is hard to watch.  There is no way he lasts the whole season playing like this, especially when he is the only real legitimate target has so far. 

We all know the pathetic track record the Patriots have in developing young receivers. That should give us pause when expecting  someone Kendrell Thompkins or Dobson to be studs. People forget hhe was not even drafted, so there are still plenty of doubts about him. I believe Dobson could not even beat out Edelman in the camp?  I would have thought the expectations would be higher than that.  It is almost painful to look at the current group of receivers that the Patriots have.  If Amendola goes down, this is without a doubt the worst group in the NFL by far.  Just don't know how Belichick can go into a season with this group.  I think he needs to risk it next year and give up a few draft picks to move up and take a stud WR in the first round or in a trade.  The  Falcons did that with  Julio Jones, and Seahawks did it with  Percy Harvin.   You almost have to feel sorry for Brady when you compare this cast to some of the  WR groups that   any top 10 NFL team has.  Even with Gronk back in the mix,  this group is still well below other elite NFL teams.

Why not bring back B. Lloyd , at the very least?

Is anyone else worried about the defense?  This is basically the same defense as last year, which was pretty bad.  I just have a feeling this year will be more of what we have seen since 2008,  a below average pass defense and pass rush.   The safety play again looks to be a huge problem.  It is hard to have any confidence in Belichick building a solid defense since they have been so terrible the past 4 years. 

Just look at the recent drafts when it comes down to the secondary.

2 Tavon Wilson 2012

2 Ras-I Dowling 2011

1 Devin McCourty 2010

2 Patrick Chung 2009

2 Darius Butler 2009

2 Terrence Wheatley 2008

1 Brandon Meriweather 2007

McCourty is the only player who has not been a total disaster.  But even he was moved to Safety after being the worst CB in the league in 2011.  

Pass Rush continues to be a huge problem. WHen was the last time  the Pats had a good pass rush?  The game against the Bills, they  almost never pressured Manuel,  who is a rookie playing his first game.  

Do you guys think this defense will be elite? If yes,  what do you base that on? The defense is essentially the same unit from last year.  I think they will look decent against bad offenses, but get destroyed by good offenses.  That has constantly been the case in the past 4-5 years, and I do not expect that to change.   There needs to be an upgrade in the secondary, especially the Safety play.  The constant personnel turnover in the past 4 years proves that there are problems drafting and developing  good  CB's and Safeties. We know Belichick will not spend big on a defensive free agent, especially since the Adalius Thomas flop.  All in all the Patriots are once again stuck with a bad secondary and a defense that cannot stop a good offense when it really matters. 

Im gonna wait and see. I like KT. I saw talent. Its about getting on page w/Brady and timing all that. I wont say he is gonna be .....but he should help. In terms of Dobson, I will admit I havent been that impressed with others. I love his hands and athletic ability and the way he attacks the ball in the air. The problem I have is he looks slow and I dont see him as a deep threat. He seems like a # 3 or 4 on a Championship team, def. not a # 1. So fans can temper expectations and then be surprised when we do good or act like we are SB favorites and be dissapointed when we lose. Dont matter to me. Im gonna enjoy the season instead of worrying about thing beyond my control. I b*tched all offseason, Im not gonna do it now during the season, thats du mb

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

not worried. Worried is too strong a word. It is a game after all. Although, one would think that some fans are upping their meds to prevent strokes, heart attacks, and blood pressure from going up.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Not worried. Offense is a bit raw on the passing side but great run blocking and a stable full of good horses. The young receivers will come along. Defense looked much improved and more gelled together than offense. When was the last time you could say that? The fumbelitis /turnover virus is curable and the doctor's in the house (BB). They controlled the clock in the first game of the year. I am optimistic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Overall, NO.  The history of the team under BB is they make the playoffs and give us fans a chance to cheer for a winning team year in and year out.

IMHO - If anything, even after losing Welker, what dramatcially changed the tone of this season is when Hernandez had his brain fart.  When that two TE combo was lost to the Pats, it meant a re-tooling of the offense and we saw it against the Bills.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

To quote a corspe.......

"HELL TO THA NO !!! "

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Another troll thread about these mystery drafts that didn't yield anyone good.

Arrington was undrafted and good. McCourty, good.  Dennard a possible theft. Logan Ryan looked very good and comfortable in preseason.  

Enough already with these deflections from when Brady has a subpar game for our team.

Keep listening to Felger and Mazz as you act all googly eyed in front of your Brady poster, kid.

Ugh.

Brady could throw 4 INTs and people would still do this crap, apparently.

I think this drafting question which has been debated ad nauseum has to take a slightly different path.  Congrats to the pats for finding some solutions in the lower rounds and UDFA realm.  Ultimately, imo, it is these finds that catapult a team to greatness, but only if the team's high round draft choices become the players they are expected to become.  In general, 1st and 2nd rounders should be hits.  That doesn't mean that there aren't occassional failures - but they should be few. 

Injury failures do sometimes occur, and those should be taken with a grain of salt, unless the highly drafted injury failure was drafted with known injury issues.   

IMO, the pats have not gotten any better because they have missed on more than their share of recent high draft choices.  Imagine what the team might have been had they hit on those players AND those lower round players and UDFA's. 

I accept that I could be wrong here, and I don't have data from other teams to back up my assumptions.  That would be interesting.  But those are my thoughts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD - think of the Pats without Brady and not having a top flight QB to step in.  Look at the Colts that one year without Manning and hit the lottery with Luck. Yes, the Pats did do it in 2008, but, they knew Brady would be back.  Could the Pats do the same if Brady were gone for good in just one season?  Possibly they can due to the coaching skills of BB more than anything else.  He has this knack to coach "up" players, it seems, better than any other NFL coach.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Fans of other teams are worried about the Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Not worried in the least about anything but getting guys healthy. It was week one and they won. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well worried is a bit strong. I mean it doesn't affect my life in any way other than I enjoy discussing the team and I enjoy watching the team. Short of that it really has no affect on my life.

But, if you look at it as a general concern they aren't going to perform to the standards they have set over the last decade, well yes I am.

This isn't like teams in the past where we grinded out wins with tough play, great depth, and key plays made by experience players. This one has a different feel. Back then I didn't have much worry that they'd pull it off, now I have concern that they can keep a lead most times. What I'm seeing right now:

QB - No real concerns here. Brady is Brady just as long as he doesn't get frustrated

OL - didn't look good the first game but Scar always finds a way to pull them together not reall a concern

RB - Ridley having issues holding on to the ball should be a concern and Vereen not being able to stay healthy makes it a major concern. Bolden doesn't look like the same type of runner prePED suspension and Blount looks alright as a sub rotation runner but if you are counting on him for more than 10 carries a game we could be in trouble

WR - Amendola already having injury issues leaving Edelman as the main WR should be enough to give anyone pause. Anyone who expected all 3 rook WRs to be good and beign productive in their first year isn't reading the odds. Odds are 1 of them won't be around in 2 yrs and maybe 1 of the 3 might give you something their first year. This WR core is thin and rests solely on Amendola's health which is not a good thing. I'd love to have Welker come back, esp since it was over a couple mil but really I would have taken any durable solid vet. Who at this point right now wouldn't have preferred to give Sanders $1mil extra to make sure he's on the team instead of having the extra $13.5mil right now?

TE - This is a major concern right now to me. Sudfeld I think has a ton of talent but he is a rook and has injury problems. Gronk is no guarantee to stay healthy either. That leaves Hooman as your #1 TE for a fair amount of snaps. I like Hooman but he's a #3 TE at best on most teams and he gets 80 snaps in game 1? That should be concerning

DT - Another area of huge concern. The depth is so bad Jones had to play DT. Even if Kelly isn't dehydrated up tempo teams will prevent Kelly and Wilfork from leaving the field and the drop off to Joe V is large enough that we can't afford to take either guy off the field. This position is hurting big time and without one or the other guy we won't be getting any pressure on QB's this year

DE - A little less concern than DT but without those DT's pushing the middle we aren't going to see a lot of pressure from the edges

LB - The only reason for concern is that there is no SS behind them meaning they won't provide an additional pressure and need to be set back in coverage which is not their strong suit

CB - Depth might be an issue. Ryan looks good but he's a rook. We can all agree we don't want to see Arrington outside. Good in teh slot and against the run but putting Arrington outside is dangerous. Cole shouldn't see the field unless in dime packages but might need to. Really if either Dennard or Talib don't play every week there is questions on how big of a drop off to the next guy. Unfortunately Talib has never finished a full 16 game season without missing some

S - Outside McCourty there is nothing. Gregory is an alright S in sub roles but he's not a starter. T. Wilson can't figure out not to buy on moves. Harmon looks promising but physically he's limited and I see Sanders type of upside with him. We might end up seeing a reverse Ray Ray (someone I was hoping they grab in the 7th or UDFA) and be forced to move Collins to the money S which will hinder his development as a LB

P - Allen will he learn to be a directional punter? Right now I don't want him kicking to any sidelines. This was the knock I had on him in preseason and the reason I wanted Mesko over him but a mil extra makes a large difference I guess. If he learns not to outkick his coverage and learns how to be a directional punter he has tons of promise but we can't afford 18yrd punts because you can't kick it to the sideline.

There are a lot of question marks on this team right now and they need a lot of work for sure. This is not like previous teams where you can have confidence in vets to pull it together. A lot of this hinges on the rooks flipping the switch and health and not about getting into a groove like previous years.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Nope.  Not worried.  The last time I was worried after a Week 1 Patriots victory was 2008 because Brady was lost for the season.  But they finished 11-5 and were oh so close to a playoff spot.  Week 1 overreactions.  Gotta love 'em!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm concerned about the D but it's only week two. However...It's so far past the point of needing the D to step up and earn their pay...way past it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

NO

Ditto

I'll see your ditto and raise you a ditto.

do you need to borrow my mimeograph machine?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

I am not worried about the Patriots. I am worried about the JETS this Thursday. Rex is licking his chops to get at Brady through a suddenly porous offensive line and Brady with NO receivers and NO running game. Prediction: Pats win 3-2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm not worried. Great HC + Great QB + mediocre team = 10% chance to win it all.

Nothing I've seen changes that.

My only worry is how many more crappy drafts BB will be allowed before a real GM is brought in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I stop reading at 'First, I think getting rid of Welker was a huge mistake.'.  They offered a contract twice, and he didn't take it.  Welker left.  End of story.  New guys need to step up.  

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Am I worried...

NOPE!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

not worried. Worried is too strong a word. It is a game after all. Although, one would think that some fans are upping their meds to prevent strokes, heart attacks, and blood pressure from going up.....

Hey Phat Rex/Bustchise/anonymis/patriotrain/bungalobill/fatsam/Leon/YanksHess and a host of others....

You are a JETS TROLL...this is just for you Jets trolls and Jets fans...

We've made fun of star-crossed franchises like the Browns and Lions and Bills here, but the Jets—who somehow managed to WIN a Super Bowl at one point—are unquestionably the laughingstock of the NFL. Not only do they lose, but they lose in the tackiest way possible. Their fans are insecure morons and their players are somehow even dumber. What purpose do they serve other than to hold themselves up for merciless ridicule?

Your quarterback: BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE.

Why Your Team Sucks 2013: New York Jets

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another troll thread about these mystery drafts that didn't yield anyone good.

Arrington was undrafted and good. McCourty, good.  Dennard a possible theft. Logan Ryan looked very good and comfortable in preseason.  

Enough already with these deflections from when Brady has a subpar game for our team.

Keep listening to Felger and Mazz as you act all googly eyed in front of your Brady poster, kid.

Ugh.

Brady could throw 4 INTs and people would still do this crap, apparently.

I think this drafting question which has been debated ad nauseum has to take a slightly different path.  Congrats to the pats for finding some solutions in the lower rounds and UDFA realm.  Ultimately, imo, it is these finds that catapult a team to greatness, but only if the team's high round draft choices become the players they are expected to become.  In general, 1st and 2nd rounders should be hits.  That doesn't mean that there aren't occassional failures - but they should be few. 

Injury failures do sometimes occur, and those should be taken with a grain of salt, unless the highly drafted injury failure was drafted with known injury issues.   

IMO, the pats have not gotten any better because they have missed on more than their share of recent high draft choices.  Imagine what the team might have been had they hit on those players AND those lower round players and UDFA's. 

I accept that I could be wrong here, and I don't have data from other teams to back up my assumptions.  That would be interesting.  But those are my thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

Colts Troll, same degree as Leon is a Jets Troll