Argonauts GM on Armstead:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Re: Argonauts GM on Armstead: Here is his CFL highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjbbph7O-g

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Argonauts GM on Armstead:

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Think he is a low risk FA signing, and it may turn out better than a draft pick that may or may not pan out, but it is too early to hype him as equaling stealing a first round pick before he played a down in the NFL.

I kind of disagree here - the thing is there is so many first round picks that go bust and when you watch this guy, he certainly appears to have that type of talent. You can add in the fact that he has also done it against men.

So to me just because he didn't go in the first round, doesn't mean that you can't consider him as such if that type of talent is there. He may turn out to be a bust, but that would only make him the same as many other first round selections.

I'm not saying his talent level is that of a top ten pick, but he looks no different than guys that have been selected in the 24 - 32 area.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

What do you want the Argonauts Gm to say? He's horrible why did I ever sign him? As FrnkBnhm said, the guy should be treated as a camp body to compete right now, nothing more. Those assuming BB's found his DE or DT to fix the issue might be hoping for more then the kid can give. There is a reason the Pats essentially signed him to a vet min type of deal compared to other teams. If he was really a first round pick as the Argonauts GM suggests wouldn't some team offer him similar money? I'm hoping he works but to me there is still a huge hole next to Vince until you can actually see what this kid can do in the NFL and I'd still be searching for someone to fill that role and let both guys compete to earn a spot and make for a super rotation

They also worked him out pre-draft, they're not exactly walking into this blind.  You know Belichick also signed Justin Francis undrafted and the kid was as good or better than his contemporaries in the draft who everyone here was drooling over like the Andre Branch's, Melvin Ingrams and Shea McClellins...

Some of us actually give BB some credit for being a top notch talent evaluator, so for him to expend resources on a Canadian player is not to be sniffed at.

Wozzy I give him credit but that he worked him out pre-draft then decided not to sign him until after a year in the CFL should tell you that he thought less of him then Forston who didn't show much this year. All I'm saying is people are treating this guy like a solution to the interior rush proble and are calling him a free 1st/2nd round pick but the reality is B could have signed him last April and chose to pass for Forston. Temper your expectations a bit

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

God, I hate BB as our GM.  Just terrible. lmao

Ocho and Haynesworth looked great on paper junior.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

What do you want the Argonauts Gm to say? He's horrible why did I ever sign him? As FrnkBnhm said, the guy should be treated as a camp body to compete right now, nothing more. Those assuming BB's found his DE or DT to fix the issue might be hoping for more then the kid can give. There is a reason the Pats essentially signed him to a vet min type of deal compared to other teams. If he was really a first round pick as the Argonauts GM suggests wouldn't some team offer him similar money? I'm hoping he works but to me there is still a huge hole next to Vince until you can actually see what this kid can do in the NFL and I'd still be searching for someone to fill that role and let both guys compete to earn a spot and make for a super rotation

They also worked him out pre-draft, they're not exactly walking into this blind.  You know Belichick also signed Justin Francis undrafted and the kid was as good or better than his contemporaries in the draft who everyone here was drooling over like the Andre Branch's, Melvin Ingrams and Shea McClellins...

Some of us actually give BB some credit for being a top notch talent evaluator, so for him to expend resources on a Canadian player is not to be sniffed at.

Wozzy I give him credit but that he worked him out pre-draft then decided not to sign him until after a year in the CFL should tell you that he thought less of him then Forston who didn't show much this year. All I'm saying is people are treating this guy like a solution to the interior rush proble and are calling him a free 1st/2nd round pick but the reality is B could have signed him last April and chose to pass for Forston. Temper your expectations a bit

I'm not saying he is going to turn into a John Randle interior pass rusher for us, but no team was going to draft or sign this guy coming off his heart attack...add in the fact that he was in the middle of suing a major university that feeds talent to the NFL. His pro day workout is on youtube - check it out - I guarantee you'll be impressed with what you'll see, because it looks like a guy that should be drafted in the second round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I applaud BB for being creative in seeking more talent for our mediocre cast. But when you're the guy who drafted us a mediocre cast then the least you can do is be creative to try and compensate for your sins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

It's a good signing. The first season is guaranteed, after that, $250,000 in the second and 0 guaranteed in the third season.

If he's really a 1st or 2nd round talent, the contract he signed for is a complete bargain.

Now lets hope he can have a Geno Atkins impact and not a Ron Brace nonimpact

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Thanks for the video clip.

He reminds me of Justin Tuck. Similar playing style.

Very quick for a big guy. Also seems to have mastered a few inside pass rush moves.

A definite upgrade to Cunningham and Scott, IMHO.

In response to dfitzp's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjbbph7O-g

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Great move. Remember we lost some draft picks int he past (85, big albert, Talib)

This guy, is like having another 3rd rounder at least, some say 2nd of 1st... that is too high.

But, still, love the move by BB.

Now, he can draft another DE, maybe even move up again to do it.

its all about flexibility... 

go pats !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Glad to hear the endorsement by his caoch (although they all say that stuff), hopefully this kid can turn out better than Haynesworth, Ellis, Fenene and Pryor. And I think he will. To me this kid looks like a late first, to mid second round pick (talent wise). This is where we need the help...Love and Deaderick are nothing special - and considering that they play next to Wilfork is all the more obvious.

+ FREAKING 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

For the life of me, I can't see the downside to this signing.  Didn't cost a draft pick, seems to have demonstrated that he's healthy, has some potential.  If he works out, fantastic.  If he doesn't the Pats have lost what, exactly?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

God, I hate BB as our GM.  Just terrible. lmao

I recall mentioning Petey going the CFL route to get his guy B.Browner to complete his secondary and it was no big deal but when BB gets a guy in January that hasnt even played a down in the NFL its something to be praised??

I will be happy if/when he contributes but cmon now...  how is one guy better than the other doing the same things???

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'm not saying he is going to turn into a John Randle interior pass rusher for us, but no team was going to draft or sign this guy coming off his heart attack...add in the fact that he was in the middle of suing a major university that feeds talent to the NFL. His pro day workout is on youtube - check it out - I guarantee you'll be impressed with what you'll see, because it looks like a guy that should be drafted in the second round.

+1

A 1st or early 2nd round talent for peanuts = great sign