Argument for defense wins championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Argument for defense wins championships

will be in full force this week. Giants defense played well, but dropped passes is what killed the packers.

Nonethless, critics will continue to bash the patriots defense again this week...which is what we should want

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Argument for defense wins championships

Yeah, but what will be forgotten is that the Giants have a worse ranked defense than the Pack. GB was 19th, NYG are 25th. Giants were 27th in yards. NO would be a better example. HOU and Baltimore were almost identical though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

well, the team that gives up the fewest point AND puts up the most points in any game....wins all the time...lolLaughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Argument for defense wins championships:
    Yeah, but what will be forgotten is that the Giants have a worse ranked defense than the Pack. GB was 19th, NYG are 25th. Giants were 27th in yards. NO would be a better example. HOU and Baltimore were almost identical though.
    Posted by shenanigan

but the Giants do have a pass rush....and can put up points. So, is the Giant's pass rush an equalizer vs. Patriots if they should meet again?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Its a matter of intensity and showing up. Can throw all the stats from the regular season away

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Argument for defense wins championships : But all the high powered offenses that were going to "beat the patriots" are now gone.  So there's nothing for the morons to talk about.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Hey moron, a week ago you said defense is overrated. What happened this weekend? Defensive teams wiped out some of the best offenses the league has ever seen. Keep up the good work half wit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The 49ers and Ravens are still alive so until they are knocked out the "defense wins championships" mantra can not be discredited yet, at least for this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by shenanigan

what ranking are your eferring to? isn't gb 32 and ne 31? in yards allowed?
    nyg was 27 and nwo was 24.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Complementary football wins championships. That's how I saw our team win 3 SBs. O, D and STs all playing strong. GB's D just got lit up bad for 37 points.  I' ve warned all year GB and NOs D is WORSE than ours. The best D remaining is SF's.  
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

so you think its going to be sf over nyg?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Argument for defense wins championships : so you think its going to be sf over nyg?
    Posted by seattlepat70

I pick giants over 49ers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Argument for defense wins championships : I pick giants over 49ers.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

that's what am thinking too. either one against the pats is a good storyline for the media. i really hope the pats destroy bal.
    2007 sb rematch
    boy who grew up a big sf fan vs sf

i do think nyg will be the tougher game for the pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Argument for defense wins championships : what ranking are your eferring to? isn't gb 32 and ne 31? in yards allowed? nyg was 27 and nwo was 24.
    Posted by seattlepat70

Points allowed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Argument for defense wins championships : And two weeks ago people like you were saying that the Pats d was going to be shredded by the "better teams" that were out there. So, who is the true moron?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

I'm sorry to inform you scientist, but WE did not play New Orlean's offense this weekend, nor did WE play Green Bay's...outstanding defensive football teams did. We played against Tim Tebow.

So I guess what you're missing is that defense wins...it's why New Orleans and Green Bay are out of it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Argument for defense wins championships : I'm sorry to inform you scientist, but WE did not play New Orlean's offense this weekend, nor did WE play Green Bay's...outstanding defensive football teams did. We played against Tim Tebow. So I guess what you're missing is that defense wins...it's why New Orleans and Green Bay are out of it.
    Posted by mthurl

mthurl:  good luck trying to steer the good doctor back to the land of sanity.  Claims he's a "doctor," but wouldn't understand common sense if it bit him on his backside.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah points, only ESPN talks about yards. When they start adding up yards at the end of the game to determine the winner that will be more important. I'm just saying you can look at the numbers frontways, backways sideway or whatever but GB had the better offense and they had the better defense, they just lost and that's just football and there's really no conclusion that can be drawn from it to help you determine who will win the next game. Good and bad offenses have won the SB, good and bad defenses have won the SB there's no secret formula for SB teams. The Pats had the better offense and defense in 07, they lost, sh/t happens. But some people have retroactively crowned the 07 Giants as being the epitome of great defense, they weren't. They were the better defense for one game and there was nothing from the previous games that gives any rhyme or reason why they would be better that day. It just happens, any given Sunday as they say.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Complementary football wins championships. That's how I saw our team win 3 SBs. O, D and STs all playing strong. GB's D just got lit up bad for 37 points.  I' ve warned all year GB and NOs D is WORSE than ours. The best D remaining is SF's.  

I don't want to get into a 5 day 400 post rant with you, but you said Green Bay's offense and New Orlean's as well were better than ours...correct? What did both of them do this weekend? Turn the ball over maybe 10 times between the two of them. Both of these two defenses that you say are worse than ours had little chance with their offenses putting them in those positions.

What did our offense do this weekend? Put up over 500 yards and 45 points against a good defense...in freezing temps...with substantial wind...mostly by throwing the hell out of the ball.

What's my point? Brady is one hell of a QB that comes along once in a lifetime and BB is a very special coach that will destroy an opponent the second time around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Argument for defense wins championships : Giants D isn't really "outstanding" though. Rodgers hadn;t played in 3 weeks and the Off Coordinator's son was found in a river this week.  I smelled that upset coming a mile away. Just saying. SF is the most superior D remaining.  

I agree. That game Smith put in for SF was a masterpiece. I did not expect NO to lose that game...absolutely loved watching that game.

The cards are lined up, we can win this thing if we play well, I didn't think we'd have a chance against NO in a dome. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts