Arizona Def Coordinator says Pat's telegraph pass or run

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Arizona Def Coordinator says Pat's telegraph pass or run

According to a report on Profootball Talk and written by Florio....

Before Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald crowns Bill Belichick as the greatest coach in NFL history, Fitz may want to have a chat with Arizona defensive coordinator Ray Horton.

Horton has shared with the Doug & Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 620 that the Pats and Belichick had a tell in Week Two.  Before tight end Aaron Hernandez was injured, the Patriots ran the ball whenever Hernandez lined up tight to the offensive line.  After Hernandez was injured, it became more simple — the Pats ran the ball whenever quarterback Tom Brady lined up under center, and they passed the ball whenever Brady lined up in shotgun formation.

The end result is that the Cardinals were able to confuse Brady.  “I heard through Jay Feely that he talked to Tom Brady after the game and Tom said, ‘I have no idea what you guys are doing,’ and so it did work,” Horton said.

So why was Horton being so candid?  Though that question didn’t come up during the interview, the reality is that the Pats will be playing the other three teams in Arizona’s division, and it’s in the Cardinals’ best interests for the Patriots to figure out that they have a tell — and to get rid of it before playing the Seahawks on October 14, the Rams on October 28, and the 49ers on December 16.

Do you believe him or is he giving out false info to other teams?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Arizona Def Coordinator says Pat's telegraph pass or run

No one but he kbiws for sure.. But it was said a half dozen times by people watching with me that it "Seems like they are in the huddle" Also mentioned over and over was the "Poor play calling". But you dismiss that because anytime things aren't working out you blame the play calling. So the answer is ... Yes they knew the plays.... because the play calling was predictable..  Now we have to sort out why a team that prides itself on preperation and knowing what to expect from the other team was SOOOO careless in disguising it's intentions..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The coaches are idiots!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hernandez was injured on the Pats' third play from scrimmage, so there was no time for any trend to develop prior to his injury.  I also looked at the play-by-play and the coaches film for the next few series after Hernandez was injured and the reported pattern just didn't occur. They ran out of shotgun as well as when under center and passed from both types of formations too.  So this is pure BS.

Leave it to Rusty, though, to think this complete pile of stinking bull crap proves his theories.  BS in, BS out . . .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

First, the vast majority of the shotgun snaps occurred in the 4th quarter when the Pats were behind double digits late.  I'm pretty sure everyone in the stadium knew the Pats had to pass under those circumstances. 

As for the early part of the game before Hern was injured it's open to question whether the Cards coach could spot these "tendencies" beforehand or is only seeing it now when reviewing the game film.

Either way, this kind of talk makes me more confident about a Pats win in Balt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First, the vast majority of the shotgun snaps occurred in the 4th quarter when the Pats were behind double digits late.  I'm pretty sure everyone in the stadium knew the Pats had to pass under those circumstances. 

As for the early part of the game before Hern was injured it's open to question whether the Cards coach could spot these "tendencies" beforehand or is only seeing it now when reviewing the game film.

Either way, this kind of talk makes me more confident about a Pats win in Balt.

[/QUOTE]

Even the game film wouldn't have helped him because Hern was injured on the third offensive snap.  That's not enough time for a "trend" to develop or become apparent. This is a complete crock.  Post Hern's injury, as I said above, the purported pattern just doesn't occur. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Ok....so...how about going to the numbers a little:

29 snaps under center: 17 runs/12 passes

49 passes from the gun: 42 passes/7 runs

Going from the gun means either a pass, or a run to Woodhead...which few of us care to really see.

I don't care what the guy said on the radio, he was kind of talking out of his @ss. You mean, when they're in the shotgun, they throw the majority of the time!?!?! Stars and garders, they must be the ONLY team to have that trend!!!!

As far as Hern being in tight = run. Well, he was on the field for 3 plays...so stuff that too.

I have no problem with the splits, what I have a problem with is some of the plays that were called. There was no rhythm to the game....absolutely none. It's almost like he had a bag full of little slips of paper iwth plays on them...and would just randomly draw one out and go with it.

Also...as far as play calling. Brady USED to be one of the BEST audiblizers (copyright!) i the game. What happened? People, including myself, are dismissing that. When Weis was here, who I think most of us liked, I remember him commenting on having total faith in Brady if he switched out of a play. I don't see Brady do much of that anymore at all. Curious. He has the final say in the play, and often is going with it rather than checking out of it. What happened to "OMAHA!"? Some of this is on Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'd buy this theory.  The flip side of the Patriots' league-leading offensive complexity is that things can go wrong if a key cog disappears with a rolled ankle.

This comes across as pretty good news for the Patriots.  Now they can watch out for giving away the play.  It might improve the Patriots' game versus Baltimore. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The AZ coach wanted to make himself out to be a genius.  Each play has a 50-50 chance to be a run or pass.  So he guessed right a number of times.  Plus, the numbers Dragon provided shows this coach was puffing his chest!

Sections
Shortcuts