Arlen Specter Switches Parties

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Arlen Specter Switches Parties

No big surprise here.  He was a Republican in name only.  Now the Democrats can be blamed for all the Spygate hoopla.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Re: Arlen Specter Switches Parties

[QUOTE]No big surprise here.  He was a Republican in name only.  Now the Democrats can be blamed for all the Spygate hoopla.
    Posted by 347pg[/QUOTE]

Who cares

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Specter had planned to take a train to Washington for the news conference to announce his switch but realized he might be late so the swine flew.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

I don't care about his party affiliation, he's still an Eagles fan with a strong hate for the PATS.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Being a republican, I'm glad he made the switch. But this news is really neither here nor there as far as foootball is concerned! Party affiliation aside, those idiots in Washington need to do their jobs, not meddle in pro sports. But luckily here we discuss the NFL, not the mental midgets who run the government!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Leon, werent the jest caught cheating the other day at the draft....forgot to mention that didnt yah!!!! You're blind, only want to mention what other teams do and not your own.....How many games did you play in college Div1 football? What was the name of that school again?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]I'm an independant and hate the Cheatriots as much as Arlen and I also don't care what party he's affiliated to.Who went and brought up the ugly and disgusting embarrassing and blatant disregard of the rules fiasco "Spygate"? Ugh-here we go again
    Posted by Jets[/QUOTE]

Silly little bug I doubt you're old enough to vote

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

It really doesn't matter which party they claim to be representing, the simpe fact is that they are all equally crookedand could care less about the people they are supposed to represent once they get elected.So' let's all remember why we live in this wonderful country and talk about sports not politics! No offense meant 347! GO PATS!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]I'm an independant and hate the Cheatriots as much as Arlen and I also don't care what party he's affiliated to.Who went and brought up the ugly and disgusting embarrassing and blatant disregard of the rules fiasco "Spygate"? Ugh-here we go again
    Posted by Jets[/QUOTE]

Let's see Leon you rotting in the grave fool. A head coach who is a lock for the HOF, & ultimately will be the greatest of all time, or a commissioner who is known as a bumbling NY idiot who doesn't know the rules, & will be forgotten in the near future. Who would most people trust for a rules interpretation? Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Well good for this person ARLENE... WHo is she, and it must have been terrible growing up with the last name Sphincter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Where's the surprise? The party and politics are irrelevant...this guy is a sell-out looking out for number 1.  He switched parties because he could have been voted out of office.

Vote out the scum incumbents!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Arlen Spincter sure hid fast enough when the Phillies won the WS with a 2 game series winning pitcher,  who tested positive & was banned 50 games for it. He sure was vocal before one of his own got caught, now not a peep.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Specter will do anything to win votes.  He'll hold captial hearings on the Pats videotaping if it means he can win a vote or two.  He even switches parties because he knows he can' win as a Republican.  Specter is a class A scumbag, anyone voting for him is a moron. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tnpatfan. Show tnpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]Specter will do anything to win votes.  He'll hold captial hearings on the Pats videotaping if it means he can win a vote or two.  He even switches parties because he knows he can' win as a Republican.  Specter is a class A scumbag, anyone voting for him is a moron. 
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE

Why dosen't he just quit? He is almost 80 and sick. What ever happened to term limits?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]It really doesn't matter which party they claim to be representing, the simpe fact is that they are all equally crookedand could care less about the people they are supposed to represent once they get elected.So' let's all remember why we live in this wonderful country and talk about sports not politics! No offense meant 347! GO PATS!!!!
    Posted by NESportnut[/QUOTE]

NESportnut
    No offense taken.  I just like to get Pats fan opinions sometimes on things other than football. 
    I do agree with tnpatfan that he should give it up.  I mean, how long does a career have to be.  What else is the guy looking to do.  Go spend time with the grandkids for crying out loud.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

I am politically independent and decide issues on a case to case basis, but I detest Arlen Specter. who , at the beginning of the current financial meltdown, wasted time, resources of the congress to harass the Patriots over Spygate. Voters, whether they are Republicans or Democrats, should reject a man who is totally unprincipled, caring only about his grasp on power.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Ole Arley is just trying to save his hide, not unlike Lieberman did by running as an "independent", the arrogant SOB. lol Some of these guys have been in these seats way too long. They need the boot, but good!

[QUOTE]No big surprise here.  He was a Republican in name only.  Now the Democrats can be blamed for all the Spygate hoopla.
    Posted by 347pg[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Specter will do anything to win votes.  He'll hold captial hearings on the Pats videotaping if it means he can win a vote or two.  He even switches parties because he knows he can' win as a Republican.  Specter is a class A scumbag, anyone voting for him is a moron. 
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Amen. Spectre would join Al Qaeda if it would score him a couple of extra votes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I wish Specter good health and hope this symbol of the Warren Commission lives forever. There should always be a living reminder of the biggest lie in the history of this country. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

Videotaping the opposing team happened in the first game of the 2007 season. Arlen Specter waited until the Friday before the Superbowl weekend to announce that he will be holding hearing and would subpoena the Commissioner and people from the Pats organization to appear before Congress. I cannot believe that it did not distracted the team in anyway. It was an outrageously brazen move by a snake of a person  to negatively impact the Pats psychologically in the SB game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Videotaping the opposing team happened in the first game of the 2007 season. Arlen Specter waited until the Friday before the Superbowl weekend to announce that he will be holding hearing and would subpoena the Commissioner and people from the Pats organization to appear before Congress. I cannot believe that it did not distracted the team in anyway. It was an outrageously brazen move by a snake of a person  to negatively impact the Pats psychologically in the SB game.
    Posted by southie77[/QUOTE]

Specter has financial ties to the cable industry who hates the NFL and Goodall  for their continued coziness with Dish Network and their dumb attempt to force cable companies to add the NFL network to their basic packages so people can pay for a fall/winter sport while they're at the beach. Neither MLB or the NBA has been dumb enough to try that move.

Arlen and Roger are both cut from the same scumbag mold they're just on opposing sides.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]I wish Specter good health and hope this symbol of the Warren Commission lives forever. There should always be a living reminder of the biggest lie in the history of this country. 
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

The biggest lie was the creation of SpyGate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]I wish Specter good health and hope this symbol of the Warren Commission lives forever. There should always be a living reminder of the biggest lie in the history of this country. 
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]The biggest lie was the creation of SpyGate.
    Posted by passedball[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

I am amazed when people accuse Arlen of betrayal.Of course,Republican donors are angry,but then what did they think he was going to do after he read the poll numbers and watched his party go down in flames in 2008?
    Politicians have switched parties for decades. Sperm Thurmond of South Carolina switched twice.First, when he ran as a Dixiecrat against Truman,and then after the Civil Rights Voting Act,when he became a Republican.Many southerners have switched.
    This is not a religious conversion after all,it's just facing the prospect of losing a job.

Sections
Shortcuts