Armstead Non Injury Reserve List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Armstead Non Injury Reserve List

If Armstead isn't working out....then it's not working out.  Need to continue to find players who can help on defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

TFB12, I didn't see rkarp as calling me out either.  Didn't think I came across as defensive but sometimes it's tough to tell on here.   I was more speaking to the broad brush approach that I perceived rkarp as taking.  Using the term '. . . the entire board. . .' is a bit broad and that's why I responded the way I did.

With respect to the DL depth issue, I think our differences are more a matter of degree than anything else.  We know BB went after Kelly and that seems to be universally embraced as an excellent signing (although I seem to recall a naysayer or two).  With respect to whether you pursue FAs while they're out before the start of camp or after the cutdowns is simply a matter of how the team chooses to spend its money.  I don't have as big a problem with the way BB approaches it as you do but only time will tell (and that means as the season unfolds) if BB's approach works.

Now with regard to Armstead, I think entirely too much is being made of him going on the PUP.  Assuming he's ready after week 6, what is wrong with an infusion of fresh meat at a position that gets beaten upon game after game by guys weighing in excess of 300 lbs?  I'm not trying to spin it - I'm merely saying that although I'd prefer him healthy at the start of the season, I have no problem if he's ready by week 6.

I believe rkarp used the word "most" of this board, not the "entire" board.  But he was right.  As mentioned I also remember most of the board were super high on this signing, almost to the point of putting him on the pro bowl ballets at the time of signing.

Yes, Kelly is an excellent signing... for this season.  He is 32 years old, will be 33 before the playoffs.  He was brought in as a low risk/high reward type player too, instead of going out and getting a younger player who could offer this team a longer career then 1 or 2 seasons and be just as good, if not better then Kelly.  Kelly could have been brought in as depth or rotation type player on the dline.  And they would be in great shape, imagine that!  Yes Kelly will be very good but depth behind him????? Could be trouble if he goes down.

Aren't we tired of BB signing the qantity of low risk/high reward players over quality players?  Should we stroll down memory lane with some of thes past DL quantity low risk/high reward players.... Anderson, Haynesworth, Ellis, Carter, who am I missing?  All older low risk/high reward players who left after 1 year (or sooner) and only 1 really worked out but agiain, he was gone after 1 year.  So we had Love and Deaderick last year (not very good players) and they are now gone too.  Stop getting these type of players, pay the money and get some young, quality players.  Not a CFL player who has some health issues becasue you can get him on the cheap and think you can make him a player that can get this team to the SB. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't want to go through a 'reply to' exercise because it simply makes the post too long.  Here is rkarp's post:

QUOTE:  lets face it, Love and Deadrick were dropped, and this most of this board, led by Wozzy, thought AA would be pro bowl-esque. this entire board thought the PAts were counting on AA to contribute in a significant way...

now that he is not, the PAts are scouring the waiver wire  UNQUOTE

Please note the phrase in bold.  I'm not trying to nitpick nor pick a scrap but I'll be candid:  I don't care for broadbrush all inclusive statements like this that are simply not accurate particularly when I am among those included.  That's why I posted what I posted about Amrstead.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty, you need to get a grasp of the quotes, when you edit your post it is one jumbled mess and wastes time having to pick apart who said what.  I thought you said you were a smart guy, then go do your homework like you say you do and figure the whole quote box commands out.

Stop living in the past.  What worked in 2003 and 2004 isn't working today.  It's 2013, dude!  Wake up, take your 2003/2004 Patriots calendar off the wall and hang up a 2013 one.

The Pats wouldn't have had to pick up the 1st floor of the old folks home in 2011 if they planned better like I have just spent time writing about in the post above.  Stop getting these low risk/high reward, older low dollar players and sign some quality younger guys.  Could you imagine the depth the Pats would have if they had a younger stud and Kelly as the backup or rotation type player?  Wow!!  Now if Kelly goes down, the Pats have no quality depth.  See the problem here? 

Adrian Wilson, another one of these type signings in a position of need.  Why not go after younger talent who can stick around a while.  No way Adrian Wilson is here next year, let alone this year.  And, you know it... The Pats will then sign another low risk/high reward player next season to take his spot. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Don't want to go through a 'reply to' exercise because it simply makes the post too long.  Here is rkarp's post:

QUOTE:  lets face it, Love and Deadrick were dropped, and this most of this board, led by Wozzy, thought AA would be pro bowl-esque. this entire board thought the PAts were counting on AA to contribute in a significant way...

now that he is not, the PAts are scouring the waiver wire  UNQUOTE

Please note the phrase in bold.  I'm not trying to nitpick nor pick a scrap but I'll be candid:  I don't care for broadbrush all inclusive statements like this that are simply not accurate particularly when I am among those included.  That's why I posted what I posted about Amrstead.

But I believe you were refering to the being pro bowl-esque comment where he did in fact state "most of the board".

Here is your comment previously:

[QUOTE]

Not to be confrontational, rkarp, but I think you may be overstating your case here.  I can assure you that I was not counting on him to that level. As I stated above, I though he had the potential to contribute but pro-bowl-esque?  Not really

[/QUOTE]

You are talking about the pro bowl-esque comment, no?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

BB drafted Tavon Wilson last year. Wilson needs more development. Harmon was drafted this year.

I've already explained this to you:

McCourty will be paid AFTER this season before he goes to FA.   BB is not going to throw top dollar Safety money for TWO SAFETIES.

Why is this so hard to grasp? Do you not get this? He  paid Rodney Harrison under market in 2003.

He then drafted Eugene WIlson and converted him. Why? Cheap. You can't pay two positional players like CB, Safety, LB, etc top market money or you'll destroy other parts of your roster.

You're so arrogant. Brady makes 3 times the amount he did pre 2010.

Talk to Brady. Have him take a cut.

There are some people here who are FAR, FAR more intelligent than yourself on this topic, so please LEARN from these people. Do not keep ignoring what you can learn when it comes to understanding what BB the GM is responsible for and what he does so brilliantly, year in year out.

TB wildly overpaying Goldson, with Reed getting 6, Quin overpaid in Detroit, is not BB's fault.

Rodney was 2003, wake up!  Did you not read my post, this is 2013, not 2003.  Put away your 2003 Velour track suit and get with the times.

BTW, Brady restructured so the Pats could get some of these quality players I am talking about. 

I am sure we could take about 3 or 4 low risk/ high reward players who aren't going to make it here and pay a Goldson or a Quin and be far better off.  Again, its the quantity over quality argument.  Using chicken crap to make chicken salad approach isn't working.

So you can take all your false claims, false stats, slanted agenda and try it on someone else.  It isn't working with me or many others anymore.  The more you talk football the less it shows that you know.  You never played before did ya.  Yeah, it shows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I will be confrontational. MOST of this board saw AA as akin to a #2 draft choice. Some even said #1. I dont recall names other than Wozzy leading the plaudits.

ALL of us saw AA at minimum as a contributor in the DL rotation. After cutting Love and Deadrick, we ALL saw AA as the #2 or #3 DT behind Vince and Kelly. (I was concerned about his weight post surgery)

Maybe AA will still be that guy. But today, due to his high risk the Pats are scouring the scrap heap for that 3rd guy with their top 2 DT on the wrong side of 30.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

I will be confrontational. MOST of this board saw AA as akin to a #2 draft choice. Some even said #1. I dont recall names other than Wozzy leading the plaudits.

ALL of us saw AA at minimum as a contributor in the DL rotation. After cutting Love and Deadrick, we ALL saw AA as the #2 or #3 DT behind Vince and Kelly. (I was concerned about his weight post surgery)

Maybe AA will still be that guy. But today, due to his high risk the Pats are scouring the scrap heap for that 3rd guy with their top 2 DT on the wrong side of 30.

No. Liar.

The real truth is people were intirgued because he played a full CFL season and he was a 2nd or 3rd pick projection in 2011.

THAT IS IT.

That's all anyone said. The only discussion about him starting was if he could play 3-4 with Vince and Kelly. THAT IS IT.

[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to discuss with you as I dont care what you say. You repeatedly lie. To all others, I clearly read numerous postings that AA was worthy of a high draft pick, and most felt the Pats scooped the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ok the back and forth over emphasis has the potential to go south in a hurry.  Here was and remains my point:

I disagree with the statement:  the entire board thought the Pats were counting on AA to contribute in a significant way.  The statement is simply not accurate.  Although I recall others who expressed sentiment similar to mine, I will speak only for myself:  I said then, I've said in several posts again and I will say now:  I think AA has the potential to play a role in the Pats D line going forward.  That is a damn sight less gooey than contribute in a significant way.  

The use of the phrase the entire board in reference to damn near any sentiment about anything on this board is just plain wrong.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty, take your 2003 Velour track suit and go sit down.  Are you really going to tell me the Pats couldn't have picked up at least one more quality guy that would have made a difference on this team instead of paying 2 or 3 low risk/high reward players that will probably not even matter?  I think the Pats still have $10 million in space, throw some of the low risk high reward players off and you have plenty.    So you and your cap argument is hot air.

Yes, the Ravens could be out of SB talk this year, maybe the next two years but could very well be back in it next year/year after.  Would you give up 1 or 2 years for a SB this year?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No. Liar.

The real truth is people were intirgued because he played a full CFL season and he was a 2nd or 3rd pick projection in 2011.

THAT IS IT.

That's all anyone said. The only discussion about him starting was if he could play 3-4 with Vince and Kelly. THAT IS IT.

[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to discuss with you as I dont care what you say. You repeatedly lie. To all others, I clearly read numerous postings that AA was worthy of a high draft pick, and most felt the Pats scooped the league.

[/QUOTE]

I am the most honest perso here. You lie. We know that.  You claim to have inside knowledge, but it's really a veiled anti-BB induced series of lies.

Remember when you said the Jets would get under the cap by 3.12 and you started spinning wildly to backpedal away from your previous speculations and lying that you had some kind of inside info on the Jets?

Remember that?

Everyone saw me confront you, call you out and challenge you to that bet.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember. They did not get under the cap by 3/12. They did by 3/13.

If I recall it was Cromartie re negotiated at 12:30am as reported by Cimini. So I missed by 30 minutes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I am sure we could take about 3 or 4 low risk/ high reward players who aren't going to make it here and pay a Goldson or a Quin and be far better off.  Again, its the quantity over quality argument.  Using chicken crap to make chicken salad approach isn't working.

Goldson is making over 8 million a year and his cap hit this year is 9 million.  The combined 2013 cap hit for Wilson, Kelly, Amendola and Arrington is about the same.  Would you make that trade?

As for Quin I don't understand the appeal.  He is known for his run defense.  I am sure A Wilson can defend the run just fine. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Report: Jets restructure Antonio Cromartie’s contract Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 13, 2013, 2:32 AM EDT San Diego Chargers v New York JetsGetty Images

The New York Jets were among the teams with the most salary cap issues heading into the offseason.

The cap problems led to the release of veterans Bart Scott,Calvin Pace and Jason Smith and now has led to another veteran having to re-work his contract.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets have restructured the contract of cornerback Antonio Cromartie. Per Mehta, Cromartie’s restructured deal frees up $4.2 million in cap space for this season. The deal reduces Cromartie’s base salary from $7 million to just $840,000 in 2013. He was also due a $2.3 million roster bonus.

The pay off for Cromartie is an $8.5 million signing bonus that will be pro-rated over the next two seasons. While freeing up cap space this year, the signing bonus increases the hit to the Jets cap by an additional $4.2 million in 2014.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Report: Jets restructure Antonio Cromartie’s contract Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 13, 2013, 2:32 AM EDT San Diego Chargers v New York JetsGetty Images

The New York Jets were among the teams with the most salary cap issues heading into the offseason.

The cap problems led to the release of veterans Bart Scott,Calvin Pace and Jason Smith and now has led to another veteran having to re-work his contract.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets have restructured the contract of cornerback Antonio Cromartie. Per Mehta, Cromartie’s restructured deal frees up $4.2 million in cap space for this season. The deal reduces Cromartie’s base salary from $7 million to just $840,000 in 2013. He was also due a $2.3 million roster bonus.

The pay off for Cromartie is an $8.5 million signing bonus that will be pro-rated over the next two seasons. While freeing up cap space this year, the signing bonus increases the hit to the Jets cap by an additional $4.2 million in 2014.

This kind of thing is one of the several reasons I can't take too much of an issue with how BB does business.  Yeah, I know, perhaps there are other ways of managing the cap without engaging in what some would characterize as 'bottom feeding' but I'm ok with how BB does his job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Bottom line with Armstead is he got hurt (infected, actually). It's nobody's fault. Stuff happens, it's apparently a temporary thing. If he starts after week 6 and plays at a high level, what will everyone say then? Truth is we have no idea whether he'll be a good player or not, nobody does. 

Is it any different than the umpteen guys who are out for the year with some injury they sustained in camp, like Cooper from AZ who broke his leg. They don't have anybody to replace him, they were counting on him. Should the GM be held to account for his injury?

This is absolutely no different, just as unpredictable. If you want to say, "well he had a heart condition, he'll never be able to play" or some such thing, then congratulations on becoming a medical doctor. I haven't reached that status just yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

No. Liar.

THAT IS IT.

I am the most honest perso here. You lie. We know that.  You claim to have inside knowledge, but it's really a veiled anti-BB induced series of lies.

Remember when you said the Jets would get under the cap by 3.12 and you started spinning wildly to backpedal away from your previous speculations and lying that you had some kind of inside info on the Jets?

Remember that?

Everyone saw me confront you, call you out and challenge you to that bet.

Did anyone see Queenie "confront" him and "challenge" him to a bet?  No one?  Hello?  Anyone?  

Guess not, Queenie.  

i remember butt cheese, you're always going after rusty and 99% of the time he shows you up to be the tool that you are, whats the problem?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

No. That did not allow them compete for FAs. Like I said, until they shaved off more players from ther roster days later

THey didn't get under the cap until later on in March for crying out loud. Under the cap to the penny was not what the bet was even about.  You need to be well under the cap to compete in FA. THey were not.

That was the whole purpose of my bet? Mike Goodson was their first FA signing? 

1. Who is MIke Goodson?

2. Why didn't they sign any notable FAs?

Why didn't they have Dee Milliner signed and ready for camp? He's no hurt and a possible bust. See how this works?

They strructured Cromartie, begging him to do it, TWO FULL DAYS into FA. March 12th and 13th is two days.

They couldn't call a FA until March 14th. The comedy of it is who they called.

Mike Goodson and a one legged Antonio Garay.

its a sad day for any jets fan

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Every player that is drafted is a "possible bust" dumbo. Leave it to you to declare players busts before playing a single down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Goldson is making over 8 million a year and his cap hit this year is 9 million.  The combined 2013 cap hit for Wilson, Kelly, Amendola and Arrington is about the same.  Would you make that trade?

As for Quin I don't understand the appeal.  He is known for his run defense.  I am sure A Wilson can defend the run just fine. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh please  pcmIV, you starting to use Rusty's agenda tactics of fraud and baffle with BS.  It isn't going to work with me.. 

You compare 4 player contracts, using the teams 2013 cap hit is incorrect to do because all contracts are different. based on the structure of the contract, guaranteed money, bonus money, etc...  And which year the money hits the cap. 

The Bucs chose to front load Goldson's contract where his first year (2013) cap hit is $9 mil.  Year 5's cap hit is $7.250 mil.

So where you blow your argument is you are comparing Goldson's front loaded contract to 4 Patriot players who's contracts are BACK loaded.  You are comparing apples to oranges, friend!

Lets take a look here....

Amendola's contract is back loaded.  His 2013 cap hit (year 1)  is $3.5 mil and year 5 is $7.5 mil.

Kyle Arrington's contract is also back loaded.  His 2013 cap hit (year 1) is $2.625 mil and year 4 is $5.125 mil. 

Check this out.. Tommy Kelly's contract is back loaded also.  His 2013 cap hit is $2 mil and year 2 is $3 mil.

And finally, you used Adrian Wilson as your 4th player in your silly example.  Yes, Wilson's contract is also back loaded.  His 2013 cap hit (year 1) is $1.3 mil and year 3 is $1.8 mil.

So if we really want to use you comparison then I will retort by saying Goldson's final year contract is $7.25 million compared to the 4 combine Patriots players you mention final year contracts of $17.5 million.  Now that would be kind of silly, wouldn't it? 

Heck, by signing Goldson the Pats wouldn't have even had to have signed Adrian Wilson so that money wouldn't even figure in.

As you can see your argument is bogus.  You use false information in order to push your agenda.  Sounds and looks a lot like Rusty.

So... As you can see the Pats could have signed Goldson and instead of front loading his contract like the Bucs did, the Pats could have back loaded his contract as they did with your 4 examples.  Which, I would like to add, the Pats also did with Wilfork.  Wilforks big back loaded contract will be done in 2 years avoiding any contract hell of these other back loaded contracts.  It's all the way contracts are structured.

To summarize... Yes, the Pats could have signed a very good player and it wouldn't have been a problem with the Patriots cap.  Your argument and 4 player comparison is bogus.    Rusty agreed with your post so it shows he didn't do his homework like he claims to do and so he is once again pushing a false claim here too.  I like you so I won't add you to this, but Rusty looks pretty silly now.  Hey Russ, learn about cap hits. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Quin started all 48 games for the Texans last season.  He was the heart and soul of the Texans back end.  Yes, he is known as a big run stopper but his coverage skills fly under the radar.

Since the move to safety, he’s produced a PDI% (pass defended+interceptions/times thrown at) of 20 percent, so he’s making a play on roughly one-fifth of the passes thrown into his coverage.

I would take Quin over Wilson or Gregory any day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good job blasting TFB12. He thinks since I say it, it can't have any merit, even after he showed he doesn't understand finances.

No way he's married with kids and as old as he claims/frames he is.   Comes off very immature. 

Compliment to you considering you are in your 20s.

Bwahahaha, I think you need to read my response and learn a few things.  Looks like you guys need to do your homework and understand how to compare players cap hits.  Hahahahaha!!  Better take some finance classes, Rusty!  You better stick with answering phones at your customer service position!

I'm not even going to laugh at you and make remarks about your comments of my family life.  Like I learned from RallyC, I don't have to defend things like that to a stranger on the internet.  I don;t have to prove anything in regards to that to you.  Thanks for that advice, RallyC!  I'm sorry that you do not have the joy that children add to life.  They are the greatest gift of life.