Armstead Non Injury Reserve List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Armstead Non Injury Reserve List

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Good job blasting TFB12. He thinks since I say it, it can't have any merit, even after he showed he doesn't understand finances.

No way he's married with kids and as old as he claims/frames he is.   Comes off very immature. 

Compliment to you considering you are in your 20s.

Bwahahaha, I think you need to read my response and learn a few things.  Looks like you guys need to do your homework and understand how to compare players cap hits.  Hahahahaha!!  Better take some finance classes, Rusty!  You better stick with answering phones at your customer service position!

I'm not even going to laugh at you and make remarks about your comments of my family life.  Like I learned from RallyC, I don't have to defend things like that to a stranger on the internet.  I don;t have to prove anything in regards to that to you.  Thanks for that advice, RallyC!  I'm sorry that you do not have the joy that children add to life.  They are the greatest gift of life. 

I am not sorry it doesn't have children.  Damn shame it's parents did.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey Pezz, I doubt Rusty steps foot back in here.  His M.O. is to make false claims, foolish statements and then when he has been proven wrong and proven to be a fraud then he doesn't come back to the thread. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Hey Pezz, I doubt Rusty steps foot back in here.  His M.O. is to make false claims, foolish statements and then when he has been proven wrong and proven to be a fraud then he doesn't come back to the thread. 

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

Yup, he's been doing it for years.  Any one who doesn't see right through this pathetic fraud

is not paying attention.  I started checking his "so called facts", years ago.

Shocking, really.

Funny how more and more are.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

As for Quin I don't understand the appeal.  He is known for his run defense.  I am sure A Wilson can defend the run just fine. 

Quin started all 48 games for the Texans last season.  He was the heart and soul of the Texans back end.  Yes, he is known as a big run stopper but his coverage skills fly under the radar.

Since the move to safety, he’s produced a PDI% (pass defended+interceptions/times thrown at) of 20 percent, so he’s making a play on roughly one-fifth of the passes thrown into his coverage.

I would take Quin over Wilson or Gregory any day.

You would overpay and ruin the rest of our roster and season for one spot?

Very selfish of you. Then again you claim you came to be a NE fan off of BB;s work in CLeveland that went undervalued at the time by Art Modell at the dawn of the cap era.

Why would anyone overpay for a player willingly?  Hmm.

Detroit signed prima donna Reggie Bush because he took their bloated offer. So did Quin. 

Hmm. Do you really think the LIons are SB contenders? OUCH.

You didn't even read my post you fraud!  Clearly had you read it then there is no way you could make the statement you just did.  I just proved how it wouldn't ruin the cap.

Now go back and read and learn.  Let me know if you need some Football Cap lessons, I don't have time to give you all the in's and out's but I can put you in touch with someone who does.

As for Quin, heck what a deal when you compare him to the deal Arrington got.  Give me Quin for $7 mil more over the lifetime of his contract with an additional year then what Arrington got. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Yup, he's been doing it for years.  Any one who doesn't see right through this pathetic fraud

Shocking, really.

Brady:

3 TDs and 7 INTs in his last 3 home AFC title games.

We deserved to be in NO SBs with that play. We didn't last year. We were lucky in 2007 and 2011.

SHOCKING.

Isn't it?

"More and more" are starting to realize tha the biggest secret in sports is that Tom Brady has sucked so bad in the postseason, but the media protects him so no one knows about it.

Shocking!  The defensive genius has had exactly ONE pass defense worthy of a Super Bowl Champion, in his tenure with the Pats..  That was 9 years ago.  They have not won a SB since. 

Meanwhile Brady keeps breaking records.

Coincidence?

Think not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Absolutely not. Quin benefitted from Watt, Cushing and Barwin with Antonio Smith. Detroit fell for it. They're Detroit.

I liked Quin, but not at that money.

EXPOSED.

You are wrong!  Apparently you don't know much about him... let me tell you again sinc apparently you don't take the time to read.....

Quin started all 48 games for the Texans last season.  He was the heart and soul of the Texans back end.  Yes, he is known as a big run stopper but his coverage skills fly under the radar.

Since the move to safety, he’s produced a PDI% (pass defended+interceptions/times thrown at) of 20 percent, so he’s making a play on roughly one-fifth of the passes thrown into his coverage.

He is twice the player at his position then Arrington is at his position.  Arrington is way over paid, how can you say Goldson and Quin are big contracts when Arrington is way over inflated for his talent.  At least you would be getting what you paid for with Quin and Goldson.

YOU FAIL!  EXPOSED U  FRAUD!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Shocking, really.

Brady:

We deserved to be in NO SBs with that play. We didn't last year. We were lucky in 2007 and 2011.

SHOCKING.

Isn't it?

"More and more" are starting to realize tha the biggest secret in sports is that Tom Brady has sucked so bad in the postseason, but the media protects him so no one knows about it.

Shocking!  The defensive genius has had exactly ONE pass defense worthy of a Super Bowl Champion, in his tenure with the Pats..  That was 9 years ago.  They have not won a SB since. 

Meanwhile Brady keeps breaking records.

Coincidence?

Think not.

Queenie is in quite a predicament.  Just tonight has claimed that Eli is a bust.  How does a bust have multiple game winning drives against any sort of decent D?

Yes, I would say he is.

I also see he doesn't know what a ratio is and what "regressed" means and that a RB that catches 70 passes  a year is a great pass catching back.  And that he claims that same back NEVER caught passes out of the backfield, EVER!

I'd say his "predicament " goes WAAAAAAYYYYYY beyond his lack of FB knowledge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

When he gets backed into a corner he throws out a silly Brady or Welker comment that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread or any of the posts in the thread.

What is he....... 8 years old?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

lol at the last 2 pages    

"Defense Wins Championships"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady:

SHOCKING.

Isn't it?

"More and more" are starting to realize that the biggest secret in sports is that Tom Brady has sucked so bad in the postseason, but the media protects him so no one knows about it.

If he makes literally 1 or 2 better plays, we win each SB.

OUCH.

SB 46 will always remain the worst. Welkie. Brady.   The arrogance of thinking they were above the team.

BB was not happy with Welkie pre 2010 postseason and the foot jokes. No one, absolutely not one will ever be above the team here in NE.  Brady used to believe in that and then attitude kicked in.

How embarrassing!!  This is how Rusty backpedals in threads that he gets totally destroyed in.  This thread has zero to do with Brady or Welker yet he posts this for no reason except to think he is getting under someones skin.  Classic Troll!  Rusty, you fail!  Bwahahahahaha!

TEARS!!!

Worthy of double tears!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Egad - what a train wreck this thread has become.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Wait, this mighty Quin character started 48 games last season!? Wow! Clearly, he's worth more.

Hey, while we're talking DBs, check this article where they rated the top 50 CBs last year. Note that Asante Samuel was 8th, Darius Butler 16th and Dennard 33rd.  So maybe BB does know a thing or two about drafting CBs?

http://www.footballnation.com/content/2012-2013-final-nfl-cornerback-rankings/22755/1/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Butler had a decent year last year.  Tate is still making contributions too (he returned a kick off for a TD this week--preseason, I know, but he has turned out to be a decent KR).  I've always pointed to those two guys as examples of some of BB's less than great choices in the draft (they are among the guys we got in exchange for the Clay Matthews picks, and they certainly didn't contribute a lot to the Pats), but in the end their career performances may end up being reasonably good given where they were picked.  Both were from smaller programs in college and maybe just needed more time to develop.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

TFB12 you need to chill out bro.  There is nothing factually incorrect in my last post despite you calling me a liar.  Amusingly you admitted as much in your response.  If you think that comparison was a bit lazy fine, but so was your assumption that the Patriots could have signed Goldson to a heavily backloaded contract.  I used the cap hits this year because  I know Goldson's cap hits are not backloaded.

From an AAV perspective the Goldson contract is more than the combined AAV of all of the low risk/high reward signings like Wilson and Kelly you are complaining about.  The point was that you can't just say you would dump all of the small contracts and replace it with Goldson.  The math doesn't work.  You can disagree all you want but don't call me a liar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Wait, this mighty Quin character started 48 games last season!? Wow! Clearly, he's worth more.

Hey, while we're talking DBs, check this article where they rated the top 50 CBs last year. Note that Asante Samuel was 8th, Darius Butler 16th and Dennard 33rd.  So maybe BB does know a thing or two about drafting CBs?

http://www.footballnation.com/content/2012-2013-final-nfl-cornerback-rankings/22755/1/

Sorry, should read last 3 seasons.

Who is Football nation?  Big in the Fantasy Football market, stats on top 50 look to be  fantasy football based.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As for Quin you should read the PFF article you are getting the PDI stat from more carefully.  It says he wasn't even a top 30 safety overall according to PFF despite being a top safety in terms of run defense.  This means he had to have graded extremely poorly in pass coverage despite playing with the best pass rusher in the NFL in Watt.  People here harp on Gregory for biting too much on play action, but who can forget Quin getting toasted by the immortal Brandon Lloyd on MNF off a PA fake. He isn't a bad player but he isn't some coverage guru either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As for Quin you should read the PFF article you are getting the PDI stat from more carefully.  It says he wasn't even a top 30 safety overall according to PFF despite being a top safety in terms of run defense.  This means he had to have graded extremely poorly in pass coverage despite playing with the best pass rusher in the NFL in Watt.  People here harp on Gregory for biting too much on play action, but who can forget Quin getting toasted by the immortal Brandon Lloyd on MNF off a PA fake. He isn't a bad player but he isn't some coverage guru either.

I believe it says how he has improved in his pass coverage, PDI stat shows that.

BTW, just curious if you have any comment on your Goldson/Pat player cap hit comparison?  I remember you were pretty adamant a while back talking about how to read cap hits and contracts when there was a large discussion thread concerning Arrington's contract.  So your post here kind of surprised me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

BTW, just curious if you have any comment on your Goldson/Pat player cap hit comparison?

Scroll up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB12 you need to chill out bro.  There is nothing factually incorrect in my last post despite you calling me a liar.  Amusingly you admitted as much in your response.  If you think that comparison was a bit lazy fine, but so was your assumption that the Patriots could have signed Goldson to a heavily backloaded contract.  I used the cap hits this year because  I know Goldson's cap hits are not backloaded.

From an AAV perspective the Goldson contract is more than the combined AAV of all of the low risk/high reward signings like Wilson and Kelly you are complaining about.  The point was that you can't just say you would dump all of the small contracts and replace it with Goldson.  The math doesn't work.  You can disagree all you want but don't call me a liar.

That's what he does when he panics and realizes he's been exposed.

He does it to me in every retort, all insecure because he mouthed off before doing his homework.

LOL at panics.  Now you are using my word retort.  I haven't seen that word used here before, yet you happen to use it right after I did.  LOL!!   I love when you get all over people when you think they are using a certain word that you previously used.. then you end up doing it.  My gosh, you are a troll.

I did my homework, I provided facts, all you did was agreed with a really bad comparison.  And now acting like I was wrong.  You are a fraud.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Did I really call you a liar?  I went back and looked and couldn't see where I called you a liar.

You are comparing apples to oranges.  It doesn't matter the total value of the contract, they wouldn't have been in cap hell if they did sign Goldson for the same money the Bucs did, which was the whole point of your post.  You don't compare front loaded contracts to back loaded contracts, why would you do that unless you just didn't take the time to do the research, just didn't think about that, or trying to push your agenda.

No part of your agument makes sense.  The Pats could have signed Goldson, back loaded his contract like they did with Kelly, Amendola, Arrington and A. Wilson.  Heck, could have not even signed Wilson so that would have saved cap space right there.  So no, once again signing Goldson would not have been an problem with the Patriots cap. 

Sure the Pats would have had to pay for him, that's what you have to do to get good players, and no, he wouldn't have been the low risk/ high reward type which BB likes to get, but he would have been a very, very good player for the Patriots for many seasons ahead instead of an older player who will possibly be gone next season, if he doesn't get cut this season, and then have to find another player all over again.  Probably another low risk/high reward types.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

Did I really call you a liar?  I went back and looked and couldn't see where I called you a liar.

You are comparing apples to oranges.  It doesn't matter the total value of the contract, they wouldn't have been in cap hell if they did sign Goldson for the same money the Bucs did, which was the whole point of your post.  You don't compare front loaded contracts to back loaded contracts, why would you do that unless you just didn't take the time to do the research, just didn't think about that, or trying to push your agenda.

No part of your agument makes sense.  The Pats could have signed Goldson, back loaded his contract like they did with Kelly, Amendola, Arrington and A. Wilson.  Heck, could have not even signed Wilson so that would have saved cap space right there.  So no, once again signing Goldson would not have been an problem with the Patriots cap. 

Sure the Pats would have had to pay for him, that's what you have to do to get good players, and no, he wouldn't have been the low risk/ high reward type which BB likes to get, but he would have been a very, very good player for the Patriots for many seasons ahead instead of an older player who will possibly be gone next season, if he doesn't get cut this season, and then have to find another player all over again.  Probably another low risk/high reward types.

Cap hell? I thought that didn't exist?

YOU SAID BB should have gone after Goldson or a Glover Quin type, each of whom jumped at the first and highest bids to whichever team came calling.  Do you really think the Detroit Lions have a great shot at a SB in the next couple years? I don't.  Do you think Glover Quin wants to win?

I don't.

Same with Goldson.  TB had a ton of cap room so that meant they could outbid anyone. GOldson thinks TB, in a division with a rising TB or Carolina, and NOs still good, will win the SB soon, while he just was in on last year with a more complete team right now.

So, now you're backpedaling away from your orginal, whiny statement about how BB should be spending Goldson money ,deviating from his tried and true salary allocation formula by saying they could afford his bloated deal and still manage their books well past 2013?  It's a flat cap!  Have you seen what our QB makes?

Go look at the 20 million dollar QB teams. GB, NOs, Balt, Denver, etc..Guess who has the best built time now and beyond? Us!  We do!

Wait until Revis comes due again and he starts his games down in TB.  Good thing TBs QB does not make 17 million like ours does, though huh?

You can't buy up every FA when you need it every other year. That's what the Jets did! 

How can you babble so incessantly on concepts you can't grasp, now backpedal and lie, and then act like you are not in the wrong here?

You're wrong. 99.9% of the time when you open your yap on these more in depth concepts, YOU ARE WRONG.

tfb thinks the pats should jump on every hi priced free agent , and when we don't BB is a lousey gm.

Sections
Shortcuts