armstead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajkvp. Show rajkvp's posts

armstead

When can he return from non-football injury list?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: armstead

I believe after game 6

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

I believe after game 6

Uh, I thought you were leaving this board ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajkvp. Show rajkvp's posts

I believe after game 6

it would be nice if he can contribute this season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The thing about Armstead is if anyone is thinking he is going to be replacing Vince's production/roll on this defense, it couldn't be an further from the truth. If Armstead were to walk out there after week six and be everything we ever dreamed about, he still wouldn't be a run stuffing nose tackle...he's not that type of player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

The thing about Armstead is if anyone is thinking he is going to be replacing Vince's production/roll on this defense, it couldn't be an further from the truth. If Armstead were to walk out there after week six and be everything we ever dreamed about, he still wouldn't be a run stuffing nose tackle...he's not that type of player.

We don't play 3-4 on every down.  Do you watch these games?   What is your impression of Vellano so far?

BB will play to his personnel as always.

Yeah I watch these games (unlike you who just googles salary cap articles during them). What do I think of Vellano? I think he moves very well and has long arms - he is obviously a high motor player, but he isn't very big and will get pushed around most likely once teams realize they can run on us. The only saving grace is that our linebackers are huge...now they will have to play like defensive linemen...no more staying clean as Vince keeps them covered to come in for easy tackles. It's going to be time for them to stock up on the Tylenol...maybe you can help them with that?

I don't care if we go 43 more of the time, you still have to replace one of the best big defensive tackles in football who can play in any scheme. Just becasue you play 43 doesn't mean you can just run light tackles out there in the middle and expect them to stop the run. You watch football, right? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Yes.  28-32 years old for any pro athlete is clearly in their prime. Yes. Experience, knowledge, leadership, etc.

Yes.

Prime of their career.  In fact, many athletes get better as they go.  The best ones do.  

Ted Washington, while not in his prime, came here at age 35 in 2003 and was a fine complementary DT or NT.  

Wilfork is not close to age 35.  34, 35 years old, Hampton at age 36 this past year, those are guys who are done and Wilfork hasn't even been playing a 3-4 the last 2 seasons.

Except most players are out of the league by the time they are 28. These gms are really stupid to let players go before their prime

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We don't play 3-4 on every down.  Do you watch these games?   What is your impression of Vellano so far?

BB will play to his personnel as always.

Yeah I watch these games (unlike you who just googles salary cap articles during them). What do I think of Vellano? I think he moves very well and has long arms - he is obviously a high motor player, but he isn't very big and will get pushed around most likely once teams realize they can run on us. The only saving grace is that our linebackers are huge...now they will have to play like defensive linemen...no more staying clean as Vince keeps them covered to come in for easy tackles. It's going to be time for them to stock up on the Tylenol...maybe you can help them with that?

I don't care if we go 43 more of the time, you still have to replace one of the best big defensive tackles in football who can play in any scheme. Just becasue you play 43 doesn't mean you can just run light tackles out there in the middle and expect them to stop the run. You watch football, right? 

So, really, you're blaming BB for Vince's injury, which is what I said above.   You always have something in the arsenal to somehow, some way, blame BB.

Wilfork is 31 and in the prime of his career.

Did Steelers fans whine about Casey Hampton being over-used?  Did Pitt switch to a 4-3 to supposedly save Casey Hampton?

Vince got hurt. It's unfortunate and it happens, but you clearly can't see how phony you look, YET AGAIN, trying to blame BB for something that is out of his control. You have an illness, dude. An illness.

Victim mentality and then deflecting blame.   

Hey! Did you tune into Mazz and Felger today after school ended? lmao

PS Ya don't watch the games like the rest of us because if you did, you'd see a hobble Wilfork entering it, and then missing the whole game, really had no effect on our run D.

We lose experience,  leadership and one of the best DTs in the NFL, but it has nothing or little to do with wear and tear for a 31 year old 4-3 DT.

Losing Wilfork is a problem, not having a replacement is a bigger problem. Me saying he has been used too much over the last three seasons because we had no one else was not irrational thinking...it was just common sense. And did you really say losing Wilfork, "had no effect on our run D"? Try to remeber you said that when teams begin game planning for it going forward. Try to remember that, when the 33 year old Kelly is taking on double teams for the rest of the year. Try to remember that, when Chandler Jones has to stay at home more often for run containment resposibilities going forward.

And only you would criticize Brady after last night's performance. I know you know nothing about football...everyone else does too. I hope you are much better at selling Tylenol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes.  28-32 years old for any pro athlete is clearly in their prime. Yes. Experience, knowledge, leadership, etc.

Yes.

Prime of their career.  In fact, many athletes get better as they go.  The best ones do.  

Ted Washington, while not in his prime, came here at age 35 in 2003 and was a fine complementary DT or NT.  

Wilfork is not close to age 35.  34, 35 years old, Hampton at age 36 this past year, those are guys who are done and Wilfork hasn't even been playing a 3-4 the last 2 seasons.

Except most players are out of the league by the time they are 28. These gms are really stupid to let players go before their prime

[/QUOTE]

Dude, Vince Wilfork is a preeminent player. He's not some average player who is out of the league at 28.

Just stop.

What a stupid trollish premise.

[/QUOTE]

You say lots of things that don't make any sense and when people shine the light of reason in your eyes you call them a troll

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Yep, it sucks.

Yeah it sucks almost as bad as having a 2-2 record and getting embarrassed by Jake Locker on national TV.  Geno might be challenging Sanchez for the turnover king title, by the end of the season.  LMAO @ U.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

[QUOTE]

I believe after game 6

Uh, I thought you were leaving this board ?

[/QUOTE]

You must have missed my post a couple post after I had a meltdown--Sorry -I lost it for a second-check the origonal thread?

Sections
Shortcuts