Arrington gets 16mill and 8.5 guaranteed?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Re: Arrington gets 16mill and 8.5 guaranteed?

...while Sean Smith got $2 millions more ($2.5 millions guaranted more)...

I don't get it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Blackmail and tape of BB in a dirty motel room with Andy Reid must be involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

we're not even a week into free agency, troll

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Yes. It is important to keep the leader in the Pats defensive backfield, for defensive pass intereference penalties, for a multi-years, 16 millions dollars contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Why?  He stinks.  Would it be better to have used this money on Wes? I think so.  Oh well, get ready for a scary 2013 season.  So far this is going down as one of the worst Patriots offseasons to date.

Get a real GM!!!!!

"Why?  He stinks."

i wouldve offered minimum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Yes. It is important to keep the leader in the Pats defensive backfield, for defensive pass intereference penalties, for a multi-years, 16 millions dollars contract.

would have preferred to chase him out of town.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Happy about anything from today.....  :  )

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Arrington was the 2nd ranked nickel when he played in that role behind LaDarius Webb in 2011. I'll see if I can dig up that data, but I posted it here about a week ago.

Arrington not playing his best position (nickel) has no bearing on his overall skills.

It's fascinating how clueless some people are. 

He was so great that he was cut in 2012 but brought back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Nickel corner is an extremely important position in today's NFL

Pats need to resign Talib and then a backup cb...Arrington will be fine as long as he doesnt sniff an outside cb spot

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Maybe I had muistakenly thought Arrington was among the bunch of Pats DBs cut and the subsequently resigned in the beginning of camp in 2012. But in Arrington's much touted 2011 season, he gave up an average of 79 yards per game to the opposing receivers in the last 8 games. according to Pro Football Focus.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Arrington not playing his best position (nickel) has no bearing on his overall skills.

It's fascinating how clueless some people are. "

I don't Ride with the King often but I'm shotgun on this one. + 100. 

OP: This is a troll thread. Welker had nothing to do with this signing, lumping the two together makes you eligible for the BDC "least valuable poster" of the month award...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I'm thinking the reason Arrington is remarkably good in the slot has to do with the fact that he was matched up with Welker every day for a couple of years. If that doesn't make you a damn good SCB, I don't know what does.

I'm sure this was playing into Belichick's thinking as well. Between Dennard and Talib (assuming he comes back) we have two very good boundary CBs. We needed someone in the slot given the nature of NFL today, and especially considering the fact that Welker is now playing for arguably the biggest obstacle between us and the Super Bowl.

Assuming it's a backloaded deal, I'm all for it. Great STs guy, and he's as good as it gets in terms of a SCB. Good stuff.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ummm. 16 mil (8 guaranteed) over 4 seasons is spare change for a cornerback. Really. They make about as much as quarterbacks do these days. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Why?  He stinks.  Would it be better to have used this money on Wes? I think so.  Oh well, get ready for a scary 2013 season.  So far this is going down as one of the worst Patriots offseasons to date.

Get a real GM!!!!!

Actually I believe Aringtons position is the Nickel back covering the other teams slot reciever and to tell you the truth he did a good job at it last year-watch the games again-He's not an outside CB but a very good Slot cover CB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

WTF  wow  i hate our gm.  hate