Arrington, ouch!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Arrington, ouch!

In response to rkarp's comment:

but there is always a ream like the Jags or Raiders that takes logic and throws it out the window.

My point is, outside of Revis, if the Pats are signing 2 CB's from Free Agency, my 2 choices are Talib and Arrington assuming costs are not prohibitive. Even if Yates is 50% off target, I dont see the Pats paying Arrington $7-$8....do you?

Nope, I agree I don't. Actually I could see them taking Mathieu in the 3rd which should be an upgrade in the slot CB position. 

My preference is to sign a vet FA, Talib is my choice but only because we know he plays in the system otherwise I'd lean towards Grimes or Lewis, and to draft a slot CB, Mathieu might be my top choice but Davis, Alford, McFadden all look good in the 2nd.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would even venture to say Talib, Dennerd, Arrington and maybe RasI would be a "strength" for the team. I could also live with Coloe as the 5th DB and ST player

S is where team needs additional help...

No one seems to ever mention KPhillips..too much an injury concern? Great S when he can get onto the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I would even venture to say Talib, Dennerd, Arrington and maybe RasI would be a "strength" for the team. I could also live with Coloe as the 5th DB and ST player

S is where team needs additional help...

No one seems to ever mention KPhillips..too much an injury concern? Great S when he can get onto the field.

Ive mentioned him twice n the last week. If healthy, he could be a player here. has all the tools and yes you are in the minority that Arrington is our best slot option unless you are counting Rusty fake accounts. I would venture to say there are probably 2 better candidates already on the team. Ras I and Dennard who I originall thought would play that role...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In essence you are saying Arrington is the best slot option as Dennerd will on the outside and Ras will be on IR

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In essence you are saying Arrington is the best slot option as Dennerd will on the outside and Ras will be on IR

best option by default is not really an option

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Why is this "ouch"?  What does that even mean?

If a franchise is stupid enough to give him 5 mil per, then they're stupid enough to do it.

His role is a 3rd CB, a nickel, and he's a good one at that at no more than 2.5 mil.

I'd do 2.5 mil in 2013 and 2014, with the idea he'd make more in a better market and possibly after getting a SB ring.

So very simple isn't it. Arrington proved his worth as a nickel (at best) Someone pays him 5 mil per that's really dumb.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

The Pats are NOT givin him 3/$15 million. They dont play that game. Specially for a player that reallly didnt see the fielad as a CB nut more as a Nickel . So see you later Arrington. it was fun. No way he is worth that much. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TroyBrown80's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

if speculation is Arrington is 3/$15, what does Talib get?

First of all, that's horrendous analysis. Jax is a crappy team with cap space.  If Arrington wants that for his career after coming here, being given a chance, helping the team in the slot in particular, etc, then go get the money and be on a losing team.

It's that simple.

Aaron Ross got his ring and went to the highest bidder.

If I am someone like Arrington, I look for a 2 year deal, give it 2 more years at around 2.5 per year, take on the nickel assignment and go try for a ring.  It's not like he's over 30 years old here.

I agree.  It's not like I would miss him if he left,  but I would like to see him stay and see if he can improve with the Pats.  I think he has something he can build on here.

of course u agree

anyway my point is only that ur pass D is suspect and without Talib locked up it's worse (see afccg) and all that supposed cap space...why exactly let him walk? if demand is outrageous ok but if it's reasonable and he walks...

Said the guy who's team wont even make the playoffs next year.   How's that bed of laurels you are resting on there?  Good?  

they won't? and ur Kreskin? tell me what's May 4th's winning lottery numbers then?  I could use a few extra bucks

who is winning the Stanley Cup? NCAA Championship? i will just put all my money on those teams right now

that "bed of laurels"? must be the same one u guys been resting on for 9 years now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I find most of these analyses that are being run on FAs by ESPN to be fairly laughable. I know there are some crazy GMs out there who might overpay for average players but I just don't see it being that likely. GMs make mistakes but it is usually for a player that had a 'break-out' year or for the missing piece star player that will get them to the promise land.

A third down back with moderate skills at 3M/yr! (Woodhead - I like him but he is never going to be a Sproles like threat)

A below average split corner/above average slot corner at 5M/yr! (Arrington - again I like him but ...)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Agent talk. "Pssst, I talked to the assistant to the assistant GM and they're prepared to go 3/15 on Arrington, they really love the kid, don't say you heard it from me..."

Free agency and the draft are all about misinformation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

So said the guy who said Hartline wouldnt get 3/18 and Wes 3/27

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle get 3 yrs/ 15 mill, just as long as it's not from the Pat's. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What guy is that, not me? I may have said I wouldn't offer that much (and I wouldn't), but I'm never going to say what a guy can get because I have no idea what people are willing to pay, or overpay. 

I could actually see some team giving Welker 4/40 with like 10 mil guaranteed. I think it's nuts, but I could absolutely see it.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Figure of speech Muzzy, relax

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If some team wants to pay our limited slot corner big money to be their outside number two guy, let them. Wait until they see what happens when a receiver does an out cut 20 yards down the field and Arrington's top goes one way and his lower half goes another....with his head not turning to the ball. Can't wait to see that. And when they see him try to turn and run with a receiver when there's no safety help up top, they'll be wishing they signed someone else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

If some team wants to pay our limited slot corner big money to be their outside number two guy, let them. Wait until they see what happens when a receiver does an out cut 20 yards down the field and Arrington's top goes one way and his lower half goes another....with his head not turning to the ball. Can't wait to see that. And when they see him try to turn and run with a receiver when there's no safety help up top, they'll be wishing they signed someone else.

yeah, and when they see that happen time after time all year.....tears will be flowin'

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle get 3 yrs/ 15 mill, just as long as it's not from the Pat's. 

LOL!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What guy is that, not me? I may have said I wouldn't offer that much (and I wouldn't), but I'm never going to say what a guy can get because I have no idea what people are willing to pay, or overpay. 

I could actually see some team giving Welker 4/40 with like 10 mil guaranteed. I think it's nuts, but I could absolutely see it.  

Hey Muzwell, whats happening!?!?!

Yes, that is nuts!!  Welker should be getting more then $10 million guaranteed!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In case you haven't noticed, Arrington sucks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Hey Muzwell, whats happening!?!?!

Yes, that is nuts!!  Welker should be getting more then $10 million guaranteed!!

Two, three years ago TFB, maybe even last year, I could see big guaranteed dough for WW, but he'll be 32 and has taken a pretty good pounding, I just don't see the value there.  But some team may:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/45668/could-wes-welker-fit-with-bucs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

keep squeezing kraft! this jints fan loves it!  : )

Not as much as Pats fans love seeing Eli's cap hit at $21 million for 2013.  Maybe the Giants should be "squeezing" a bit more. Especially since they are only about $4 million under the CAP for 2013.  Thats about the amount teams use for signing rookies.  What are the Jints going to do?  They need some work since they didn't even make the playoffs last season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Two, three years ago TFB, maybe even last year, I could see big guaranteed dough for WW, but he'll be 32 and has taken a pretty good pounding, I just don't see the value there.  But some team may:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/45668/could-wes-welker-fit-with-bucs

I don't see Welker going to TB.  Even though they have a ton of cap room it looks like they are going to go after Revis.  But they would need more then Revis and Welker to be a legit SB team.  I'm guessing the guy who goes there is just looking to get paid, I don't see Welker as that guy this point in his career.  He wants a fair deal with a top team.  Revis on the other hand.. Well he seems like a guy who will go where the money is and not worry about a top contender. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

keep squeezing kraft! this jints fan loves it!  : )

Not as much as Pats fans love seeing Eli's cap hit at $21 million for 2013.  Maybe the Giants should be "squeezing" a bit more. Especially since they are only about $4 million under the CAP for 2013.  Thats about the amount teams use for signing rookies.  What are the Jints going to do?  They need some work since they didn't even make the playoffs last season.

i have faith in reese and coughlin-i dont get into all the minutia of the cap beyond the basics and whatever key players have to be signed...giants been doing things same way for a long time and it basically works thru the years (not just thru one era shall we say nor based a once in a lifetime bit of qb luck)

giants collapsed late but were 8-5 and thats with more than a few players out so they aren't far off at all-and since they draft well i am not too concerned-also giants have a reasonable schedule next year, not the ridiculous ones of the past few years so that is looking good too

and say dont QB's restructure sometimes? methinks jints will be just fine next year and in the next couple after that too-you can't duck us forever TFB !!  Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I find it funny as he11 that the same folks on this board who have been hammering Arrington for the last two years as a stiff who cant cover, a waste of a roster spot ect., are now saying we will miss him, and its a step back without him! Give me a break! Arrignton is a decent slot guy but is easily replaced. Heck Edelman did almost as well as Arrington!

Sections
Shortcuts