Arrington, ouch!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: Arrington, ouch!

I don't understand how ANY poster on this board can defend,(LOL), any of our DBs other than Maybe McCourtney at Safety and Talib at CB,(and he has attitude and off field concerns,esp; once he gets his payday). Come on the Pats Passing D has ranked almost DEAD last the past 2 years - I would think EVERYONE is replaceable?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Once Talib and Mcourt and Dennerd settled in, I thought that the defensive backfield Played well. 

Arrington did not have the skill set to play the corner, but he plays well above average in the nickel, and most teams including the Pats are in nickel 40% of the time. He can create turn overs, he did lead the Pats in INT's 2 years ago, and he is a sure tackler. 

Also, he is 3 years in this system and better aNd better understanding it. How many CB's in the past 3-5 years have been thru this system and flopped. Why chance new DB's who do not know the system? 

Keep the current players, yes resign Talib and Arrington, and improve the QB pressure and I think this defense continues to improve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Arrington is an excellent special teamer who is a reasonable fifth DB but a liability at the corner position. I'd like to see him stay for his special team value and for depth, but I don't think you can pay him starter money (unless maybe you think his value on special teams is as high as Slater's).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Arrington is an excellent special teamer who is a reasonable fifth DB but a liability at the corner position. I'd like to see him stay for his special team value and for depth, but I don't think you can pay him starter money (unless maybe you think his value on special teams is as high as Slater's).

since he became a starter I havent really noticed him on special teams. Does anyone know how many tackles he had on that unit last year? I could be wrong but I just dont see this great special teams value like everyone else. sure he is a sound tackler but he is no Larry Wingham back there. I also keep hearing Arrington was excellent in the slot and the numbers dont agree. He came on late in the season vs miami(perspective) and had a pretty bad 1st half of the season ...Ummmm, remember why Dennard was inserted as a starter and who he replaced.

I agree with above poster. Why are we trying to retain everyone from a secondary that ranked close to last in the last 2 years in pass defense? Doesnt ANYONE think we can do better?? I know I do...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and say dont QB's restructure sometimes? methinks jints will be just fine next year and in the next couple after that too-you can't duck us forever TFB !!  Cool

As long as the Giants continue to not make the playoffs then sure I can!!  LOL!!

But really, Since 2006 the Giants have only passed the 10 win regular season mark one time.  Sure, they made two good runs for the playoffs and beat our Patriots but should they ever make it there again vs the Patriots then all I have to say is... Third times the charm!! Laughing

But when looking at it over the years, the Giants just really aren't a great team.  If they were they would be much better in the regular season on a consistant basis and they just aren't.  Two good runs in the playoffs after a mediocre regular season doesn't make you great, it just makes you lucky.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

if speculation is Arrington is 3/$15, what does Talib get?

Healthy I hope

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

and say dont QB's restructure sometimes? methinks jints will be just fine next year and in the next couple after that too-you can't duck us forever TFB !!  Cool

As long as the Giants continue to not make the playoffs then sure I can!!  LOL!!

But really, Since 2006 the Giants have only passed the 10 win regular season mark one time.  Sure, they made two good runs for the playoffs and beat our Patriots but should they ever make it there again vs the Patriots then all I have to say is... Third times the charm!! Laughing

But when looking at it over the years, the Giants just really aren't a great team.  If they were they would be much better in the regular season on a consistant basis and they just aren't.  Two good runs in the playoffs after a mediocre regular season doesn't make you great, it just makes you lucky.

now u see TFB i could respect ur point till u had to say "lucky" which is not only the loser's lament and speaks of sore losing  but is flat out wrong of course

explain how in 07 a team beats two 13-3 teams in their buildings (and one in the 3rd coldest game ever played btw) and an 18-0 team on a neutral field-  and beat 3 nobodies named Romo Favre and Brady at QB (hell they also beat Garcia and Ryan in those runs too)

then in 11 they beat a 15-1 and 13-3 team in their buildings-and one a defending champion-and then a 13-3 team on a neutral field-and beat Aaron Rogers and Brady-oh and a ferocious SF defense too

so lets see...in 07 they play 3 games on the road and 1 one a neutral field against 4 teams with a combined record of 54-12

in 11 they play 2 of 3 on the road and 1 on a neutral field (the only home game a shutout basically btw) against 4 teams with a combined record of 50-14

please go ahead and show me any team that has done anything close to this against such competition including 3 first ballot HOFers at QB...look real hard now ok? and compare that to the Pats road to their SB's and the opponents they faced and get back to me ok?

Lucky my *** smarten up

hey even Superman had his Kryptonite  :  )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Field Yates

Beyond the Big 3: Kyle Arrington

"Projection: Not re-signed; lands a three-year deal elsewhere worth up to $15 million. Ultimately, look for another team to give Arrington an offer too good to refuse. Cornerback Aaron Ross earned a three-year contract for up to $15.3 million last offseason from the Jaguars, and that seems like a reasonable barometer for Arrington this offseason. If a team believes it is getting the 2011 version of Arrington, it will consider this a good deal for a starting-level corner."

so if pats dont pay up your suspect pass D gets even weaker

I am just gaining perspective so when the defense blows it for u guys again in a big spot next year rusty can blame it on Tom Brady

Even you must agree that it is stupid to overpay a good player because it ultimately affects your whole roster (think Jests). So it must be at least as stupid to overpay a guy who is OK but not a standout.

A team cannot be forced to pay too much for a position where they have little depth. Under that option you look outside the team for trades, FA or draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

since he became a starter I havent really noticed him on special teams. Does anyone know how many tackles he had on that unit last year? I could be wrong but I just dont see this great special teams value like everyone else. sure he is a sound tackler but he is no Larry Wingham back there. I also keep hearing Arrington was excellent in the slot and the numbers dont agree. He came on late in the season vs miami(perspective) and had a pretty bad 1st half of the season ...Ummmm, remember why Dennard was inserted as a starter and who he replaced.

I agree with above poster. Why are we trying to retain everyone from a secondary that ranked close to last in the last 2 years in pass defense? Doesnt ANYONE think we can do better?? I know I do...

I haven't looked up his special teams tackles, but he's definitely still playing and contributing.  He gets down field on kicks fast and is generally a sure tackler.  For speed guys on kick coverage, he's one of the top guys after Slater. Maybe not irreplaceable, but definitely a strong contrbutor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Field Yates

Beyond the Big 3: Kyle Arrington

"Projection: Not re-signed; lands a three-year deal elsewhere worth up to $15 million. Ultimately, look for another team to give Arrington an offer too good to refuse. Cornerback Aaron Ross earned a three-year contract for up to $15.3 million last offseason from the Jaguars, and that seems like a reasonable barometer for Arrington this offseason. If a team believes it is getting the 2011 version of Arrington, it will consider this a good deal for a starting-level corner."

so if pats dont pay up your suspect pass D gets even weaker

I am just gaining perspective so when the defense blows it for u guys again in a big spot next year rusty can blame it on Tom Brady

Even you must agree that it is stupid to overpay a good player because it ultimately affects your whole roster (think Jests). So it must be at least as stupid to overpay a guy who is OK but not a standout.

A team cannot be forced to pay too much for a position where they have little depth. Under that option you look outside the team for trades, FA or draft.

oh i agree-i already said if the demand is outrageous then no but if it's in the ballpark and u are thin there ( it is ur D's biggest glaring weakness ) and u have all that cap money to spend then to not do it is foolish/tight

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

explain how in 07 a team beats two 13-3 teams in their buildings (and one in the 3rd coldest game ever played btw) and an 18-0 team on a neutral field-  and beat 3 nobodies named Romo Favre and Brady at QB (hell they also beat Garcia and Ryan in those runs too)

then in 11 they beat a 15-1 and 13-3 team in their buildings-and one a defending champion-and then a 13-3 team on a neutral field-and beat Aaron Rogers and Brady-oh and a ferocious SF defense too

so lets see...in 07 they play 3 games on the road and 1 one a neutral field against 4 teams with a combined record of 54-12

in 11 they play 2 of 3 on the road and 1 on a neutral field (the only home game a shutout basically btw) against 4 teams with a combined record of 50-14

please go ahead and show me any team that has done anything close to this against such competition including 3 first ballot HOFers at QB...look real hard now ok? and compare that to the Pats road to their SB's and the opponents they faced and get back to me ok?

Lucky my *** smarten up

So they went on a run. It happens.  But they were not a great team in either of those two seasons.  They got hot at the right time.  The freaking Ravens just did it, they beat Brady and Manning, two future HOF'ers and went and beat the 49'ers Defense.  Does that make them great, NO!  They had a good run at the end. It happens.  They got lucky.  Heck, luck does play a part in some of these games.  If you are telling me the one big pass/catch in each of those Pats/Giants SB games weren't luck?  C'mon!  They were pure luck!!  The Ravens got lucky in their game with the 49'ers there at the end. 

But when you look back and see what the Giants and Ravens do during a season, year after year,  their records are not that impressive at all, certainly not to be considered great teams!!  Good yes, great now!!  To even think they are great is bogus.  Their records prove otherwise.  Did they get hot and lucky at the right time and win a SB, yep!  But it doesn't make them great!

Heck I remember Buster Douglas KO'ing the baddest man on the planet!  The Greatest HW at the time!!  Did that make Buster Douglas great????  Hahahahahaha!  NO Freaking Way!  He got lucky that one night in Tokyo!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Arrington is an asset in the slot and a liability out on the edge, if anyone is dumb enough to make him a full time starter than they deserve what's coming to them... and kudos to Arrington.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Arrington will be no significant loss if he goes; he is adequate at best and I think the Pats can do better in FA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Lucky my *** smarten up

So they went on a run. It happens.  But they were not a great team in either of those two seasons.  They got hot at the right time.  The freaking Ravens just did it, they beat Brady and Manning, two future HOF'ers and went and beat the 49'ers Defense.  Does that make them great, NO!  They had a good run at the end. It happens.  They got lucky.  Heck, luck does play a part in some of these games.  If you are telling me the one big pass/catch in each of those Pats/Giants SB games weren't luck?  C'mon!  They were pure luck!!  The Ravens got lucky in their game with the 49'ers there at the end. 

But when you look back and see what the Giants and Ravens do during a season, year after year,  their records are not that impressive at all, certainly not to be considered great teams!!  Good yes, great now!!  To even think they are great is bogus.  Their records prove otherwise.  Did they get hot and lucky at the right time and win a SB, yep!  But it doesn't make them great!

Heck I remember Buster Douglas KO'ing the baddest man on the planet!  The Greatest HW at the time!!  Did that make Buster Douglas great????  Hahahahahaha!  NO Freaking Way!  He got lucky that one night in Tokyo!!

this is just u doing ur best to a)wind me up and b) rationalize ur teams failures

Funny how u basically ignored what i said with your "so they went on a good run"...no, they went on an historic run-twice...face it if the pats had the giants road to SB 42 and 46 I don't think they even get there

i would suggest - as i end this once and for all- that u finally just admit to urself that 1) ur very lucky to play in the AFC Easy and 2) that pre-season, regular season or post season the Gmen are the Pats Daddy's

once u do this I am sure ur life will be much easier and filled with more peace and joy-which is of course all I ever wished for you TFB!  :  )

ps: manning to manningham was perhaps the most perfectly executed pass and catch in the history of the SB-a thing of athletic beauty and in the heart of crunch time-no luck involved just pure greatness on each end-go ahead name a better placed ball and a better catch over the shoulder keeping both feet in bounds-with two defenders on him-and with the SB on the line...i'll wait go find it for me

....and to be honest no one ever called that play anything else, just bitter pats fans-see when guys like Kurt Warner and Jerry Rice say it's one of the greatest plays they have ever seen then well ur opinion doesn't really count for much  :  )

it has been fun educating you TFB but this is old news and dull so I shall move on-you can keep beating this dead horsie if u want

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

I don't understand how ANY poster on this board can defend,(LOL), any of our DBs other than Maybe McCourtney at Safety and Talib at CB,(and he has attitude and off field concerns,esp; once he gets his payday). Come on the Pats Passing D has ranked almost DEAD last the past 2 years - I would think EVERYONE is replaceable?

RWTK--I wasn't posting about ONE player more so about the defensive backfield as a whole--Arrington would be fine in the slot,(actually pretty good), IF the Pats had a solid #1 CB and a couple of good safeties.

Do you understand the difference between playing a nickel and an outside CB position? No one is saying Arrington is a starter at the #2 CB spot.

But, he is obviously very effective in between the hashes against slot WRs or H Backs.  That's not really deniable.  Great lateral movement from side to side and a good tackler. The fact is, BB has been forced to play him on the outside due to injury or other failed players.

It's like the Ellis Hobbs thing. He should have always been a nickel, but he overachieved, so they started him.

Arrington in the nickel makes the D a stronger D, believe it or not. If the money is the same between a FA nickel and Arrington, it's a no brainer to bring back the guy who knows the D inside and out.

Was talking about the DBs as a whole-Arrington would be fine INSIDE only if the Pats had a #1 corner a good #2 and a safety that can cover. I like Dennard-strong, physical-good # 2-now we need a #1 CB and a cover safety.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In case you haven't noticed, Arrington sucks.

Exactly!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Lucky my *** smarten up

this is just u doing ur best to a)wind me up and b) rationalize ur teams failures

Funny how u basically ignored what i said with your "so they went on a good run"...no, they went on an historic run-twice...face it if the pats had the giants road to SB 42 and 46 I don't think they even get there

i would suggest - as i end this once and for all- that u finally just admit to urself that 1) ur very lucky to play in the AFC Easy and 2) that pre-season, regular season or post season the Gmen are the Pats Daddy's

once u do this I am sure ur life will be much easier and filled with more peace and joy-which is of course all I ever wished for you TFB!  :  )

ps: manning to manningham was perhaps the most perfectly executed pass and catch in the history of the SB-a thing of athletic beauty and in the heart of crunch time-no luck involved just pure greatness on each end-go ahead name a better placed ball and a better catch over the shoulder keeping both feet in bounds-with two defenders on him-and with the SB on the line...i'll wait go find it for me

....and to be honest no one ever called that play anything else, just bitter pats fans-see when guys like Kurt Warner and Jerry Rice say it's one of the greatest plays they have ever seen then well ur opinion doesn't really count for much  :  )

it has been fun educating you TFB but this is old news and dull so I shall move on-you can keep beating this dead horsie if u want

Still yapping on and on about the Giants?! Really? They are clearly not an elite team. THey needed and got the most amazingly lucky play since 1972 to win one SB then got something not so different in needing and getting TWO botched punt returns for lost fumbles (without doing anything to make either happen) just to get into the second SB and then needed their opponent in the SB to have to play with a lame ALL WORLD TE and a lame All Pro guard AND another amazingly lucky play when their D choked and left a guy open who catches 100 passes EVERY year. I cant imagine a moe implausable set of circumstances. Lucky lucky lucky.

And their play last year just proves it. Good luck next year having a beer with Jests fans when the playoffs begin. Neither team wil be in the playoffs.

I dont know if the Pats will win or lose the AFC title or the SB (that will be tough with the likes of SF) but they will be in the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Lucky my *** smarten up

Still yapping on and on about the Giants?! Really? They are clearly not an elite team. THey needed and got the most amazingly lucky play since 1972 to win one SB then got something not so different in needing and getting TWO botched punt returns for lost fumbles (without doing anything to make either happen) just to get into the second SB and then needed their opponent in the SB to have to play with a lame ALL WORLD TE and a lame All Pro guard AND another amazingly lucky play when their D choked and left a guy open who catches 100 passes EVERY year. I cant imagine a moe implausable set of circumstances. Lucky lucky lucky.

And their play last year just proves it. Good luck next year having a beer with Jests fans when the playoffs begin. Neither team wil be in the playoffs.

I dont know if the Pats will win or lose the AFC title or the SB (that will be tough with the likes of SF) but they will be in the playoffs.

i NEVER "yap" about the giants-don't even mention them unless some yahoo here brings them up and disparages them and whines about "luck" and other sore losing bs -then I have to defend my team

but outside of that never bring up team or sb's

that said:

WE ARE YOUR DADDIES

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

I would even venture to say Talib, Dennerd, Arrington and maybe RasI would be a "strength" for the team. I could also live with Coloe as the 5th DB and ST player

S is where team needs additional help...

No one seems to ever mention KPhillips..too much an injury concern? Great S when he can get onto the field.

Ive mentioned him twice n the last week. If healthy, he could be a player here. has all the tools and yes you are in the minority that Arrington is our best slot option unless you are counting Rusty fake accounts. I would venture to say there are probably 2 better candidates already on the team. Ras I and Dennard who I originall thought would play that role...

Except Arrington isn't always injured or facing a jail sentence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

I would even venture to say Talib, Dennerd, Arrington and maybe RasI would be a "strength" for the team. I could also live with Coloe as the 5th DB and ST player

S is where team needs additional help...

No one seems to ever mention KPhillips..too much an injury concern? Great S when he can get onto the field.

Ive mentioned him twice n the last week. If healthy, he could be a player here. has all the tools and yes you are in the minority that Arrington is our best slot option unless you are counting Rusty fake accounts. I would venture to say there are probably 2 better candidates already on the team. Ras I and Dennard who I originall thought would play that role...

Except Arrington isn't always injured or facing a jail sentence.

kenny phillips is an all-pro caliber talent but hurt too often which is frustrating as hell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I find it funny as he11 that the same folks on this board who have been hammering Arrington for the last two years as a stiff who cant cover, a waste of a roster spot ect., are now saying we will miss him, and its a step back without him! Give me a break! Arrignton is a decent slot guy but is easily replaced. Heck Edelman did almost as well as Arrington!

thank you

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Here are some numbers which show his value in the slot:

Arrington in the slot:

"162 snaps, 20 targets, 11 receptions [55% comp], 115 yards [10.5 ypr], 24 yac

Of the 56 receivers that ran 100+ slot routes, only 5 had a catch rate lower than 55% in the slot.

He was barely targeted [lower rate than anyone w/ 100+ snaps, #2 total behind Webb], barely gave up receptions [#1, #2, same as before], barely gave up yards/ coverage snap [#1, #2, same as before] and gave up only 1.2 yac/rec, easily #1 overall.

The last stat shows how good of a tackler he is [other than the end of the SF game...] and his missed tackle rate of 7.3% supports this as one of the lowest in the league for a CB. That adds more value to our run defense than almost any other team gets from their slot CB in addition to great coverage."

TripleOG/Shizzly exposed yet again. And badly.

OUCH

He just mocked me for saying Arrington is very good in the slot, which is comical, because I believe he was one demanding BB toss a 1st into Baltimore's direction for Ladarius Webb.

bawaahah

Poor Shizzls. He mocks and mocks and then gets absolutely embarrassed with facts.

Wow...its nice to see how many LIES are told with my name in them over the w/e . I get thrown into ALL the salary Cap debates when IVE NEVER spoke on them ONCE and now I was the one Asking BB to throw a # 1 at Webb!??!?! Never! Im not impressed with him and he is a product of a great defense but its nice that you have to resort to lying like Rusty when someone doesnt agree. I dont understand it. I think Arrington is replacable and you and Rusty think he is the 2nd coming. Why dont we just wait to see how BB feels?? I know he aint worth 5 million based on all the talent BB has let get out of here, on some penny pinching Sh*t.