Arrington signed to a 4 year contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Arrington signed to a 4 year contract

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to Rocky's comment:

WOW! WOW WOW

MichelleBeisner Kyle Arrington remains a Patriot. Per source close to the situation deal is as follows: 4 yrs - 16 mill - 8.5 guaranteed

Why is that wow, wow and wow?

Only 8.5 is guaranteed. It's a good market deal for a quality nickel in the passing league.

Talib or Cason can now be brought in at 5.5 or 6.

Would of rather had Cason and Talib instead of Arrington truthfully and I think both could be had for 5mil each. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

Bottom line is the best available corner in Sean Smith signed with KC @ 3/18mil.  I don't see why Pats wouldn't be able to pay even that to Talib, if not for a little less.  I can't see how Pats would lose out on Talib, unless Pats never really wanted him back. 

I really wanted that Sean Smith pick up, at that price too.  Let's see what happens with Talib.

Smith isn't better than Talib.  I don't think BB thinks so either.

Tell me that when Talib is out again for the playoffs!!

Sure.  Tell me when Logie Mankins shows up on offense in the binky club in big games.

Hey Rusty, we aren't going to agree on anything, why don't you save our time and thread space and stop replying to my posts?  I will do the same? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

its no secret why players are lined up to visit foxboro and see if they can work out the deal.

people are going to think what they want, but there isnt a better owner/coach tandem in sports than kraft and BB, and that #12 is pretty good too!

You and I don't always agree but on this post I couldn't agree more.  Right the f**k on!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am not surprised about the terms of this contract tbh.  Slot corners are basically starters in today's NFL and Arrington is one of the best in the slot and has experience in the system and is a valuable special teamer.  Maybe we could have gotten him for a bit less, but if it was an overpay it was not a huge one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I am not surprised about the terms of this contract tbh.  Slot corners are basically starters in today's NFL and Arrington is one of the best in the slot and has experience in the system and is a valuable special teamer.  Maybe we could have gotten him for a bit less, but if it was an overpay it was not a huge one.

I agree.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

1. 1hMike ReissMike Reiss @MikeReiss

Patriots and CB Kyle Arrington have an agreement in principle on a four-year contract, per source.

NOOOOOOO! 4 years!!  I dont know if I like this. Not in an offseason where you could possible get Talib and Asoumouah(sp). I think this is BB being cheap again and sticking with a sytem player. Other than toughness and tackling ability I really dont see why they would lock him up. He came on late in the year but was getting burnt the 1st half of the year (IN THE SLOT). I was hoping we would get 2 LEGIT outside CBs that are around 6 ft and kick Dennard inside but I guess not.  I swear they better not have given him more than 3 mill/year. Must be a down year cuz Carey Williams got paid and a few posters mentioned him and he s*cked last year too! When LLoyd has his best game of the season and Brady attack you all game, you are not worth 6mill/year!  Wow,,,Im def. confused now as to what consititutes a "good" CB!  smh

LOL

You're wrong. BB is right.

I bet it's like a 2 mil per type deal which is great for a quality nickel of the next 3-4 years. Check it off the list.

Sign Talib and it's he and Dennard making up arguably as good a starting duo in the AFC.

You are in the minority here on this one. 

your wrong as usual. he signed 4/$16

Well, that's not 5 million and only 8.5 million is guaranteed.  I am right as usual.  I wanted him here for 2 more years before the cap jumps. He doesn't get hurt, so it's likely he plays t lasgt 2 years and probably into 2013, with his potential of being cut in 2016.

Great signing and good dispersion of the dollars.

Hey, how are the Jets doing RKarp? Can you give us an update on their cap situation and if its down to 25 million yet?

LMAO

Hey, I noticed they resigned LEx Luther for FB and signed hot prospect RB and Raiders cast off MIke Goodson.

Wow!

They're really attracting FAs there huh? Deep draft in 2010 = BOTCHED

Deep FA MARKET in 2013 and 2014 = NO CAP ROOM

Cannot be made up. It's almost like the Jets tried to be the worst managed team in cap history and succeeded. LOL city!

I hope u right rusty. I get the pass rush point and hopefully its much improved but for 4 million??? We could have spent 2 more and got a quality starter thats all Im saying, but if they Sign 2 vets or one vet, one draftee and move Arrington to 4th DB behind dennard, Talib and "# 2 CB" I would like it but the money sais otherwise IMO. Cole was our 4th DB last year for pennies...

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

its no secret why players are lined up to visit foxboro and see if they can work out the deal.

people are going to think what they want, but there isnt a better owner/coach tandem in sports than kraft and BB, and that #12 is pretty good too!

You and I don't always agree but on this post I couldn't agree more.  Right the f**k on!

haha i dont recall ever getting into any arguments with you. you seem like a pretty cool and rational guy. i guess we cant agree on everything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Patriots and CB Kyle Arrington have an agreement in principle on a four-year contract, per source.

NOOOOOOO! 4 years!!  I dont know if I like this. Not in an offseason where you could possible get Talib and Asoumouah(sp). I think this is BB being cheap again and sticking with a sytem player. Other than toughness and tackling ability I really dont see why they would lock him up. He came on late in the year but was getting burnt the 1st half of the year (IN THE SLOT). I was hoping we would get 2 LEGIT outside CBs that are around 6 ft and kick Dennard inside but I guess not.  I swear they better not have given him more than 3 mill/year. Must be a down year cuz Carey Williams got paid and a few posters mentioned him and he s*cked last year too! When LLoyd has his best game of the season and Brady attack you all game, you are not worth 6mill/year!  Wow,,,Im def. confused now as to what consititutes a "good" CB!  smh

LOL

You're wrong. BB is right.

I bet it's like a 2 mil per type deal which is great for a quality nickel of the next 3-4 years. Check it off the list.

Sign Talib and it's he and Dennard making up arguably as good a starting duo in the AFC.

You are in the minority here on this one. 

your wrong as usual. he signed 4/$16

Well, that's not 5 million and only 8.5 million is guaranteed.  I am right as usual.  I wanted him here for 2 more years before the cap jumps. He doesn't get hurt, so it's likely he plays t lasgt 2 years and probably into 2013, with his potential of being cut in 2016.

Great signing and good dispersion of the dollars.

Hey, how are the Jets doing RKarp? Can you give us an update on their cap situation and if its down to 25 million yet?

LMAO

Hey, I noticed they resigned LEx Luther for FB and signed hot prospect RB and Raiders cast off MIke Goodson.

Wow!

They're really attracting FAs there huh? Deep draft in 2010 = BOTCHED

Deep FA MARKET in 2013 and 2014 = NO CAP ROOM

Cannot be made up. It's almost like the Jets tried to be the worst managed team in cap history and succeeded. LOL city!

I hope u right rusty. I get the pass rush point and hopefully its much improved but for 4 million??? We could have spent 2 more and got a quality starter thats all Im saying, but if they Sign 2 vets or one vet, one draftee and move Arrington to 4th DB behind dennard, Talib and "# 2 CB" I would like it but the money sais otherwise IMO. Cole was our 4th DB last year for pennies...

It's not 4 million per. It's 8.5 guaranteed and if it's structured well, where it helps us in 2013 and 2014, then great.

Didnt I hear 4/16 or is my math wrong??  Not being a d*ck but maybe I dont understand the contract thing

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Would of rather had Cason and Talib instead of Arrington truthfully and I think both could be had for 5mil each. 

I dont think Arrington plays the same spot as the guys you are talking about (except as depth if someone is hurt). Arrington is penciled in at Star position. Not outside.

As you say, the Pats need 2 CBs. Talib and Dennard would be good plus they need at least a third for depth and in case someone lays an egg in training camp. Plus we dont know just when Dennard will be leaving the Bengals and joining the Pats (ie when he is out of jail).

AND DO NOT FORGET,,, we NEED a safety who is good at covering TE. No small thing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

WOW! WOW WOW

MichelleBeisner Kyle Arrington remains a Patriot. Per source close to the situation deal is as follows: 4 yrs - 16 mill - 8.5 guaranteed

Only 8.5 is guaranteed. It's a good market deal for a quality nickel in the passing league.

We don't need to pay for TWO larger CBs unless you aren't impressed with Dennard.

I REPEAT: It's a DEEP CB market. What about this do you not understand?

Jesus, dude. I always thought you were smart. You've been so annoying this week, it's unreal. You and TFB12, neck and neck thinking you're smarter than BB. All we need now is the warnings from millenial extraordinaore, Bdbreu still thinking there is no cap and BB plays Madden football with him.

They can clip Tracy Porter  (example) for peanuts alongside Talib. Cason is a perimeter CB. Dennard looked great over there for a rookie.

Cason and Talib are the 6 million type guys in this market. I don't want 12 million vs 10 million with Talib and Arrington.

I don't think Arrington is better then Cason! I think a 3 CB core of Talib, Cason, and Dennard is better then Talib, Arrington, Dennard! What don't you get about that?

Not to mention the Patriot curse of CB looking good then falling their second year. I hope it doesn't happen to Dennard but wouldn't you want insurance by having a better CB then Arrington to move outside if it does happen?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Good signing - Pats are on the right track

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I dont think Arrington plays the same spot as the guys you are talking about (except as depth if someone is hurt). Arrington is penciled in at Star position. Not outside.

As you say, the Pats need 2 CBs. Talib and Dennard would be good plus they need at least a third for depth and in case someone lays an egg in training camp. Plus we dont know just when Dennard will be leaving the Bengals and joining the Pats (ie when he is out of jail).

AND DO NOT FORGET,,, we NEED a safety who is good at covering TE. No small thing.

Cason or Dennard would play the star instead or Arrington and now you have a star player in either that could move outside incase of injury, that was my thought process. Instead of Arrington who is a weak link on the outside incase Dennard or more so Talib get injured

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

WOW! WOW WOW

We don't need to pay for TWO larger CBs unless you aren't impressed with Dennard.

Jesus, dude. I always thought you were smart. You've been so annoying this week, it's unreal. You and TFB12, neck and neck thinking you're smarter than BB. All we need now is the warnings from millenial extraordinaore, Bdbreu still thinking there is no cap and BB plays Madden football with him.

They can clip Tracy Porter  (example) for peanuts alongside Talib. Cason is a perimeter CB. Dennard looked great over there for a rookie.

Cason and Talib are the 6 million type guys in this market. I don't want 12 million vs 10 million with Talib and Arrington.

I don't think Arrington is better then Cason! I think a 3 CB core of Talib, Cason, and Dennard is better then Talib, Arrington, Dennard! What don't you get about that?

Not to mention the Patriot curse of CB looking good then falling their second year. I hope it doesn't happen to Dennard but wouldn't you want insurance by having a better CB then Arrington to move outside if it does happen?

I would! I agree with you. Starting CB with injry history + arrington in the slot = Arrington outside 1st time someone goes down. The guy went from getting 7 INTS in zone to NONE playing Man last year. That should say it all....smh. I thought we were moving to more man to take advantage of talib and Dennards skillsets?? if so arrington doesnt make sense to me

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3568441. Show user_3568441's posts

Arrington will likely cover Welker when we play Denver, correct?  Guess we'll see then if he meets expectations...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I know this won't be popular, but it's a fantastic move if coupled with Talib or a Cason type at LCB.

Very tricky in letting a guy who knows the system cold is solid as an emergency starter on the right, walk away.

He was never going to get 5 million like RKrap preidicted either.  Deep Cb market limited his leverage. Good move for both sides.

BB is really putting on a clinic.   Wow.

Announce Adrian Wilson and hopefully Talib and I will have a full on pants tent.

Agree. Good signing as long as we keep him in the slot, emergency backup outside. Plus he has good st value. Hard to argue this if he money is right. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

WOW! WOW WOW

I agree with this, but Arrington probably comes cheaper and has st value. Not sure what Cason wants or if he plays st. Cason might be signed if we don't get Talib under contract.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm glad he's back, but it's a bigger contract than I'd imagined.  I'm hoping Talib is close behind. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Cason or Dennard would play the star instead or Arrington and now you have a star player in either that could move outside incase of injury, that was my thought process. Instead of Arrington who is a weak link on the outside incase Dennard or more so Talib get injured

I like the thought process but I think you are over valuing Cason. Anytime I look him up on PFF and some other places I never read very much good about his play.

Cason is a couple inches taller. Stats are very similar in PD's and INt's. Arrington is a much more consistent tackler, far supier special teams player, AND already knows the system. Would you expect he costs less as well on top of all that?

Cason rankings:

2011 61st ranked CB in the league by PFF

2012 108th ranked CB in the league by PFF

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

BB places high value on special teams play.  I think that gad a big impact on Bb's decision.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

for league minimum? thats what hes worth. notice no one else grabbed him.