Arrington Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Arrington Update

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya, dope!  You ever hear of I phones changing words?  You wouldn't know since you still have a flip, but it happens quite often.

Regardless,  You really should shut your mouth unless you want someone listing all Beebee's 1st round busts.

And you sure don't want to get started on the second round.  Pretty sure beebee corners the market on those.

Or how about 2006-9 where he pretty much busted on every pick?

Who's coples?  You didn't misspell it did you?

[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, He had several misspelled words in his posts yesterday when he was backpedaling and I let it slide.  He has to point them out to others so he can feel superior.  He has little man complex, ya know.  He is only '5'7" with heels on. 

I figure everyone is using a smart phone these days with type assist enabled so I over look those things, unless it's pointed out to me first of course.   Rusty is still using one of those phones that is the size of a cinder block with the antenna so I don't count on him knowing about smart phones functionality. 

I love how he always brings up players on another team when discussing a player on this teams s shortcomings.  He is a very disturbed individual.  Glad to not know him in real life, he has probably got the crud beat out of him many times throughout his life because of how he is, probably the reason he stays at him all the time. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Arrington might be fine if he could work out of the slot all the time and hope his coverage doesn't extend deep down the field.  He was getting burned so bad last season that it seemed like he was spending more and more time on the sidelines.  And when Maurice Cole was on the team being sent out onto the field over Arrignton, that is not a good.  Hopefully he will get better working with some real top of the line CB's. I think he can be one of the good ones, but needs to step up his game soon.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Can anyone explain how our 3rd down pass defense has been so putrid over the last few years with the great Arrington playing slot? Better yet can someone please explain how the term serviceable or even marginal be used to describe a player benched as many time as Arrington? Come on, even Suck is embarrassed to be associated with Arrington.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kylie wilson in danger Of being cut as the jets slot cb.

1st rd bust deluxe.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElem.         Well unless you're a gluten  for punishment, which I believe you are, or have a foot fetish like Rexy and love the taste of feet, I wouldn't bring up other teams first round busts if I were you     

[/QUOTE]

"Gluten"??

Lol

What a maroon.

And why.can't I mention the jets cornering the market on 1st rd busts?  Did you know coples was on the trade block on draft weekend?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ya, dope!  You ever hear of I phones changing words?  You wouldn't know since you still have a flip, but it happens quite often.

Regardless,  You really should shut your mouth unless you want someone listing all Beebee's 1st round busts.

And you sure don't want to get started on the second round.   (you know, all those he traded out of the first round to aquire)  Pretty sure beebee corners the market on those.

Did you know the 09 draft was listed in the top 5 of bad drafts for all teams, EVER!

Team is still suffering because of that one.

Worst draft and worst pass D to ever play in a SB?????

Yup, that's our gm for ya.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you hear?? Rusty has a Galaxy S4 phone and he is very very tech savvy...plus he has a 151 IQ. He is pretty awesome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arrington might be fine if he could work out of the slot all the time and hope his coverage doesn't extend deep down the field.  He was getting burned so bad last season that it seemed like he was spending more and more time on the sidelines.  And when Maurice Cole was on the team being sent out onto the field over Arrignton, that is not a good.  Hopefully he will get better working with some real top of the line CB's. I think he can be one of the good ones, but needs to step up his game soon.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

[/QUOTE]

Umm, arrington had a pulled groin almost all year last year, moron.  

Hence, why cole was in there at times after week 3. Do you actually follow this team, pinkie?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1st rd bust deluxe.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElem.         Well unless you're a gluten  for punishment, which I believe you are, or have a foot fetish like Rexy and love the taste of feet, I wouldn't bring up other teams first round busts if I were you     

[/QUOTE]

"Gluten"??

Lol

What a maroon.

And why.can't I mention the jets cornering the market on 1st rd busts?  Did you know coples was on the trade block on draft weekend?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

And you sure don't want to get started on the second round.   (you know, all those he traded out of the first round to aquire)  Pretty sure beebee corners the market on those.

Did you know the 09 draft was listed in the top 5 of bad drafts for all teams, EVER!

[/QUOTE]

No, i didn't. Milliner up next on the heels of wilson and coples as busts in rd 1.

Who misses outright in round 1 at that rate?  Simply comical.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Umm, arrington had a pulled groin almost all year last year, moron.  

Hence, why cole was in there at times after week 3. Do you actually follow this team, pinkie?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe they should have put him on IR then becuase he was a weak link. Is he going to be another injury prone player on the team? He got burned a lot and then benched and the worthless Cole would end up taking his spot. Thank goodness Cole is gone.  While Arrington was bad, Cole was even worse. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lucky for you TCal and the team, Arrington may not be seeing the field as much as he has in the past. Revis and Browner will play majority and its safe to say Dennard has shown his keep as a very good CB and Ryan could potentially pass Arrington on the depth chart if he continues to grow from his rookie season. In essence, we could be paying our #5 CB 4 million

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

I think his is where we disagree. I happen to think a healthy Arrington on the slot is better than Fonzie or Ryan on the outside. Revis is Revis. Case closed. I haven't seen enough of Browner to say definitvely, but that still puts Arrington as the 3rd best CB on the team, regardless of slot or outside

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Arrington gets beat in the slot position quite frequently from what I've seen. This isn't as noticeable because there's often a lot of congestion in the middle of the field with linebackers and safeties helping with coverage.

His contract is up after 2016 and if he's still in the league it'll be interesting to see what type of offers he gets. IMO the $$$ won't match his current contract unless BB is still coaching the Pats and extends his deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1st rd bust deluxe.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Gluten"??

Lol

What a maroon.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

No, i didn't. Milliner up next on the heels of wilson and coples as busts in rd 1.

Who misses outright in round 1 at that rate?  Simply comical.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, you spelled it wrong.  It's spelled Coples.  BB misses outright in the first round, unless you think Merriwether and Maroney were so good that beebee just couldn't afford to pay them anymore.

BWAHAHAHA

You really need to pay better attention to what that guy you worship does.  You might be shocked.

All I can say is he's been extremely lucky to have TB bail him out all these years.

Gm's with bad drafts that result in bad D's because of all of the busts, normally get fired.

Or was is all those awesome drafts that resulted in putrid D's?

Funny, I've never seen such a putrid defense consist of so many talented guys like Arrington and Chung and Merriwhether, before.

Must be the coaching.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously how did we give the guy that kind of contract. Just a bad, bad contract

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

[/QUOTE]

I understand but this was covered before. It was all about timing. Arringtons contract was signed when our cb group was thin to say the least. Before Talib even. At that time, he was expected to play more. Given the recent signings, drafting of Ryan, his contract now looks bloated...which it is for what he gives us. What do you do about it? Trade him? Cut him? Dennard is nearing the point where we have to lock him up or watch him walk. Would you give arringtons money to Dennard? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

There were many much more capable CB's who got paid the same or less for less years than Arrington that year. He's a 4th CB at best and right now a 5th CB. That doesn't come close to needing to give him $4mil a year for 4 years. Seriously what other teams do you think would have given him that? He's a alright average slot CB. Contrary to belief, you don't pay an average slot CB that type of money period. The fact that the year before he lost time to Dennard and then this year he lost time to Ryan at the end of each respective year points to that BB felt other players were better in a position as you said was weak. Have you heard of any team paying a average slot CB who's 4th or 5th on the depth chart that type of money? We can talk about his play and have a good debate on it but in honesty do you think that was a good contract?

[/QUOTE]

I do think bb overpaid slightly for him. I think he could have been had for 2m per. I don't know if,it was a smart contract back then because I don't know what other FA corners were available for the signing. The contract looks bad now because of,who is here now and who is emerging now. My prediction is Ryan outplays Dennard. Dennard is better than Arrington. As you say, he's sitting a fifth on the talent chart at the moment. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lucky for you TCal and the team, Arrington may not be seeing the field as much as he has in the past. Revis and Browner will play majority and its safe to say Dennard has shown his keep as a very good CB and Ryan could potentially pass Arrington on the depth chart if he continues to grow from his rookie season. In essence, we could be paying our #5 CB 4 million

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

I think his is where we disagree. I happen to think a healthy Arrington on the slot is better than Fonzie or Ryan on the outside. Revis is Revis. Case closed. I haven't seen enough of Browner to say definitvely, but that still puts Arrington as the 3rd best CB on the team, regardless of slot or outside

[/QUOTE]

Dennard is easily better than Arrington and Ryan I think is better on the outside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

All of them?  There are two.  The horror!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

s

[QUOTE]

All of them?  There are two.  The horror!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes and two is more than zero.

He said beebee doesn't outright miss on first rounders which is a lie.  He does.

Which means don't rag on someones house unless your own house is clean.  It isn't.

That's the horror!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Which means don't rag on someone else unless your own house is clean.  It isn't.

So you can't criticize another team's drafts unless your team has hit on 100% of their picks over a 10+ year period. Lol?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Which means don't rag on someone else unless your own house is clean.  It isn't.

[/QUOTE]

So you can't criticize another team's drafts unless your team has hit on 100% of their picks over a 10+ year period. Lol?

Did I say that?

I said don't criticize another team when you're not perfect either, unless you want it thrown back in your face..

There is a difference.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Arrington is good but not as good as Fonzie. Arrington may be better in the slot than Ryan but I've seen enough of him on the outside.

In the slot, I think Arrington is a very good cover CB and like you said, he's a sure tackler as well. But I also think Fonzie's physicality in the slot would make him better than Arrington.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmaxxx. Show kmaxxx's posts

KA Should have never been signed to a long term deal.

At a 3.6 million dollar hit to the cap this season and over 4.8 million hit to the cap next season, Belichick could have got his typical 3 or 4 Ahmad Carroll types for that amount.  The kind who is slow to respond, not especially aggressive, gets beat deep, overwhelmed by tall receivers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I do think bb overpaid slightly for him. I think he could have been had for 2m per. I don't know if,it was a smart contract back then because I don't know what other FA corners were available for the signing. The contract looks bad now because of,who is here now and who is emerging now. My prediction is Ryan outplays Dennard. Dennard is better than Arrington. As you say, he's sitting a fifth on the talent chart at the moment. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

2mil I'd understand and say hey, he gives something on ST's and is an average slot CB who at times can cover good talent. That seems like a good place for him but I wouldn't call giving him double that amount only slightly over paid. If you bought a new civic for $33k when the asking price was $16.5k would you say you only slightly overpaid? Of course not. That's the biggest issue I think most have is the money. He's a 4th CB maybe 3rd on most teams so why not pay him as such, like you suggested $2mil. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to kmaxxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

KA Should have never been signed to a long term deal.

At a 3.6 million dollar hit to the cap this season and over 4.8 million hit to the cap next season, Belichick could have got his typical 3 or 4 Ahmad Carroll types for that amount.  The kind who is slow to respond, not especially aggressive, gets beat deep, overwhelmed by tall receivers.

[/QUOTE]

Who's bringing back my kmax?  That's even one of my avatars I used along with the 2 dead girls from the Shining.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is what the inbred means.  Meanwhile, bb has built sb champs, a dynasty and highest win% of the last 15 years, never whiffing on a 1st rd pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is what the inbred means.  Meanwhile, bb has built sb champs, a dynasty and highest win% of the last 15 years, never whiffing on a 1st rd pick.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement

Well, even my dog knows that 2 is not the same as zero.  So, you probably shouldn't talk about any ones breeding, either, since my Shepard mix is smarter than you 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement

Well, even my dog knows that 2 is not the same as zero.  So, you probably shouldn't talk about any ones breeding, either, since my Shepard mix is smarter than you 

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, jets fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AND, never failing to get Rusty off in his daily self-gratification session

Sections
Shortcuts