ARTICLE: 7 reasons the TEBOW helps the PATS! do you agree?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: ARTICLE: 7 reasons the TEBOW helps the PATS! do you agree?

i was having the DT's waiting for another Tebow thread. Whew... good thing your here to fuel our addictions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wow, awesome post, I was sitting on my hands waiting for the next Tebow post.  

As soon as they cut him, I'll revisit this post and wonder how Tebow really helped the Pats or did they help him by finally sticking a fork in his NFL dreams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"ARTICLE: 7 reasons the TEBOW helps the PATS! do you agree?"

No. What makes you think Tebow, a quarterback totally inferior to RG3, Russell Wilson etc will get anywhere near a Super Bowl. If he was capable of that he wouldn't have been wandering around without a single NFL offer. Tim Tebow will never win a Super Bowl. Brady is under no risk whatsoever here. You do realize Tebow's dyslexia is so bad that he can't memorize a playbook and has had to run back to the sideline to ask what the play is in the middle of the game right? Think that sounds like a good fit with the Pats offense?

Tebow was a bad signing for all the wrong reasons - owner financial agenda, Belichick ego. Tebow will prob\ve to be more distraction than he was worth. Belichick is already getting irritated with the scrutiny he has brought upon himself. 

But Bill can't help himself when he is in the "dollar bin" of the supermarket. While our AFC competitors sign top defensive talent to big contracts he just wants to show the world he can take this one dollar special and turn it into something worth a lot more. 

Great. How does that help the Patriots get another ring. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Okay . . .   this has probably already been bandied about ad nauseum, but I'm not reading 16 different Tim Tebow threads to find out who actually believes he can make this team and what position he's supposed to play.

Look: I like Tim Tebow. I don't understand why a certain kind of person wants to bash him for having the courage of his convictions, but the dude just doesn't bring anything at this level. If the Pats have a roster spot they can afford to waste on a "wildcat" guy -- or whatever the hell Tebow is supposed to be -- then I don't guess I would have been seeing a lack of depth derail New England's championship aspirations for the last . . .   oh . . .   seven or eight years.

Or would I?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have the luxury of continuing my pre-draft assessment of Tebow.  He has always been a fourth rounder.  He's not a fourth rounder with a $5 million dollar annual salary.  He's a guy that might make the team at a minimum veterans' salary, with a pretty low bonus for showing up here.  Just because the Broncos overpaid for him doesn't make him a first rounder in my book.

Tebow is a slow but moderately strong running back with half an arm and a great head.  The slowness doesn't help him make the team, but maybe he has some explosion.  Line him up on third and 1 behind Brady.  If he runs wide and the defense is swarming to him, he can uncork an occasional eight yard pass to an open guy.  If he comes in for an average of five plays a game, the opponent has to spend time preparing for a pass-chucking running back.

For now, Tebow has to work out with the jugs machine, he has to learn routes and he has to learn to block for Tom Brady.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"ARTICLE: 7 reasons the TEBOW helps the PATS! do you agree?"

No. What makes you think Tebow, a quarterback totally inferior to RG3, Russell Wilson etc will get anywhere near a Super Bowl. If he was capable of that he wouldn't have been wandering around without a single NFL offer. Tim Tebow will never win a Super Bowl. Brady is under no risk whatsoever here. You do realize Tebow's dyslexia is so bad that he can't memorize a playbook and has had to run back to the sideline to ask what the play is in the middle of the game right? Think that sounds like a good fit with the Pats offense?

Tebow was a bad signing for all the wrong reasons - owner financial agenda, Belichick ego. Tebow will prob\ve to be more distraction than he was worth. Belichick is already getting irritated with the scrutiny he has brought upon himself. 

But Bill can't help himself when he is in the "dollar bin" of the supermarket. While our AFC competitors sign top defensive talent to big contracts he just wants to show the world he can take this one dollar special and turn it into something worth a lot more. 

Great. How does that help the Patriots get another ring. 

Good points, I didn't know about the dyslexia.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Don't ever misunderestimate a man who wields his power and talents in the name of the lord.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You know he was Diagnosed with Dyslexia when he was a child, I wasn't aware of his continuing fight with this disease.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

As a quarterback he's the anti-Brady.  Build up his aim and put him in for a series against a particularly vulnerable opponent, or put him in while Brady gets a cut taped over by the trainer.  The defense will be 100% keyed on Brady but will be back on their heels and clueless with a hard-hitting scrambler suddenly under center.  With any success, every team down the road will be forced to game-plan a little for Tebow. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

BB will figure out how to make Tim useful, you can count on that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

As a quarterback he's the anti-Brady.  Build up his aim and put him in for a series against a particularly vulnerable opponent, or put him in while Brady gets a cut taped over by the trainer.  The defense will be 100% keyed on Brady but will be back on their heels and clueless with a hard-hitting scrambler suddenly under center.  With any success, every team down the road will be forced to game-plan a little for Tebow. 

You're right Paul he is the anti-Brady, because he can't throw the ball. You might as well have Ridley back there throwing passes because he's just as much anti-Brady as Tebow is.

One thing I can't stand anymore is the consistent "he's a winner". You know who else was a winner? Mark Sanchez. Had a winning recording his first year and won a playoff game or Shuan King, led the Buc's to a playoff win his rook season. Mark Bulger went 6-1 his rook year and won a playoff game too. The "he's a winner" thing is way overrated. Either the kid can throw the ball or he can't and everyone I listed threw the ball better than Tebow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to patsfaninpa420's comment:

Don't ever misunderestimate a man who wields his power and talents in the name of the lord.

I like this post.

I'm not really sure what it says, but I like it just the same.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Pmike very much back in the house.

Sections
Shortcuts