As a Pats fan, here is why I fear ATL more than SF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As a Pats fan, here is why I fear ATL more than SF

Ryan > Kaepernick

Jones/White > Crabtree/Whoever

T Gonzalez > V Davis

Neither D scares me against the Pats, who have, without a doubt, the most potent offense in the NFL.

Everybody seems to have a pants tent over Kaepernick's last game...but it was only 1. For every good game, he's had a forgettable one. Also, I am NOT sold as the Harblahs as good coaches at ALL, I'd be more worried about Mike Smith creating a killer gameplan than Harbaugh.

And, yes, I am kind of looking past Baltimore for a few reason:

1) Flacco has had 2 good games in a row. I challenge ANYONE to show me 3 good ones in a row, at any point of his career.

2) Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are hurt. Playing, yes, but not up to what people have come to expect from them. Add Webb to that list and you find a very damaged Raven D.

3) This run D (NE) is in no way, shape or form, the run D that Ray Rice opened with an 80 yard TD against in 2010 (09 playoffs).

4) With Talib at CB and McCourty at S, Smith and Boldin don't scare me so much. Boldin is not really a deep threat, and though Smith definitely is (and to a lesser extent Jacoby Jones regardless of 70 yard defensive breakdowns), I see this D being able to handle that crew as well, or better than they handled HOU's crew of receiving options.

5) Flacco IS better than Dilfer, but this D of BALT is nowhere near the D they won a SB with. Some of the names may be the same, but this D can't hold a candle to that one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: As a Pats fan, here is why I fear ATL more than SF

Liked your old avatar better dragon. But I cant decide who I fear more yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm not even going to respond to this, whomever wins the AFCCG is facing San Francisco. 

But Gonzalez > Davis? Maybe 10 years ago. -_-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ma... one game at a time, let's get past the Ravens first and then worry about the NFC opponent.  Either way, the team the Pats face in the SB will be primed and ready regardless of who.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This whole thread =

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

but let's get there first.  I don't see the point in discussing this with Baltimore on tap.

[/QUOTE]

This.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

1.) Ryan is a perenial choker in the post-season, he's lucky Seattle came out flat against them or they lose that game. I never knew how much I hated the Falcons until this season, but they're so overrated. 

2.) Jones and White may > Crabtree and Moss, but Kapernick makes up for it with his legs. 

3.)The Falcons defense should scare no one, but the 49ers defense? Hello? They shut the Pats down for 2 and a half quarters at home. I know it was due to the fumbles, but they had us beat. 

4.) Gore and James > Turner and Rogers. 

Plus, I'll say it again. Matt Ryan is a choker! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Until San Fran went into prevent D mode, they hammered us.  Their D is the toughest in the league and Colin will be hard to contain.  Not a question on who I think we can beat and that's Atlanta.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Falcons D is no where near where the 49'ers Defense is.

You only have to worry about Matt Ryans arm, Kaepernick you have to worry about his arms and legs.

On paper the Falcons look pretty tough... In real life the 49'ers crush them.  Kaepernick is playoff tested now, he made a few errors against the Packers and came back strong. 

The 49'ers will be going to the SB, it's up to the Patriots to stop a 2 week long Harbough love fest on tv.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You talked more about the Ravens and almost nothing about Atlanta and SF!

1. Ravens WILL be tough. I think we win but this is a dangerous team.

2. Atlanta v SF:

a) Atlanta D not anywhere near SF D

b) Atlanta coaching not anywhere near SF coaching

c) Atlanta running not as good or dangerous as SF running

d) Ginn is a GREAT KOR and that could be dangerous considering how TRULY HORRIBLE the Pats were this week in coverage

e) SF has seen us once. They won the first half of the game and the last minutes of the game. We showed we could put up points on them. But they showed they had what it takes to beat us and they have had a first look. BB will know better how to beat them next time but I do not believe their coach sits pat. He is not that kind of person.

f) SF is hugely aggressive. It takes hugely aggressive team to beat us.

I like our chances v the Ravens. I like our changes in the SB. But both Ravens and SF have what is needed to have a chance to beat Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

we should fear neither. Patriots are the real deal

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not even going to respond to this, whomever wins the AFCCG is facing San Francisco. 

But Gonzalez > Davis? Maybe 10 years ago. -_-

[/QUOTE]

2012 season:

Gonzalez - 93 receptions, 930 yards, 8 TDs

Davis - 41 receptions, 548 yards, 5 TDs

Both played 16 games.

As for just GETTING to the SB...it's a fair point. Especially as a fan of the Pats...I ought to know better. I guess this thread was more about ATL v SF as far as matchups go. Blatimore, to me, offers little to talk about this week. They met before this seaosn, 3rd meeting in a calendar year, these 2 teams are the class of the AFC, and have been for a few years. It's going to be a good game (I figure Lewis' LAST as a pro, and fittingly against what has been, recently, their biggest rival...not overlooking PIT, just looking at all the meaningful games these teams have played against each other), physical, and I expect the Pats to gradually pull away unless something seriously goes wrong, eventually winning by 14+. This Raven team is worse than last year at this team while this Pats team is, to me, much better.

Thankfully, I genuinely like all 3 teams the Pats will/could play. No Giants waiting on the horizon to give me 14 sleepless nights waiting for it to start. No mouthy Seahawks making me worry about the sight of PETE CARROLL hoisting the LomBelichickardy Trophy with Richard Sherman laughing nearby. No Rapists to beat down this week. Nothing, at all, having to do with NY. All in all, it's a very enjoyable time for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I see a Haubaugh Brothers Duo(well at least 1 next week) facing us in next 3 weeks. After the Pats-49er 1st game so many posters wanted a rematch. We were down by 28 pts and with inertia & Brady couldn't be stopped & we tied it.  Alas, Kaep hit Crabtree down the sideline & they got the winning TD. But they won the turnover battle, got the lead yet I recall that Pats dominated the offense all except in rushing yards as it was 180 to 95 but Kaep I don't recall didn't have any major runs. He tossed  14-25 but Brady more than doubled it 36-65. We got total yards of 520 to their 388. W/O their lead, we'd won this game by 2-3 TDs. So, the key, of course, is to not get behind by too much that is and avoid turnovers and protect Brady. SF usually only rushes 4 so even with 7 men back and Tom with time, he'll find an open receiver.

This should have been the SB matchup last year but SF receiver lets ball hit his knee, NY ties game. I blame Harbaugh for this as in OT he has the same receiver back---he should have had Gore or someone else & he fumbles and NY scores winning field goal. I believe Pats would have beaten Alex Smith last year & if they didn't, a loss wouldn't have hurt as much as the 2nd SB loss to the Giants in 3 years. I was as sick about it as I was with Celtics losing game 7 to Lakers 2 years ago.

Happy the dredded Giants are out as they had a 9-7 record again this year. Darn why didn't Welker catch that ball !!!  

Yup, I agree with many posters that we need get by the Balts first & SF by Atlanta. Wonder what the odds are for the Haubaugh brothers in the SB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

To: 1. KW Pats Fan...you are correct that 49ers defense was tough until they stupidly went into a 21 minute sleepwalking prevent defense mode. I think even if they get a 2 TD lead, they wouldn't do it again.

2. TFB 12...yup, BB has seen the 49ers & I believe he knows a lot more about how to beat them. But, I believe Haubaugh too realizes he is not going to get a 28 pt lead.

3.Portfolio 1...Kaep has playoff experience under his belt, albeit one game. And, yes, SF is exgtremely aggressive. Got to keep from getting turnovers & protecting Brady, & Pats will win.

4. ma6dragon9...re: NY Giants I agree I'm glad they are out of it.

This should have been the SB matchup last year but SF receiver lets ball hit his knee, NY ties game. Same guy fumbles in OT, they kick a field goal.  I believe Pats would have beaten Alex Smith last year & if they didn't, a loss wouldn't have hurt as much as the 2nd SB loss to the Giants in 3 years. I was as sick about it as I was with Celtics losing game 7 to Lakers 2 years ago. So, again, I'm happy the dredded Giants are out as they had a 9-7 record again this year. Darn why didn't Welker catch that ball !!!  

Re: Atlanta-SF game they have learned from GB they need defend Kaep running wide but as they spread out, it opens up spaces in the line for Gore & James. Will be true too when Pats face them but let's not be pre-mature & hope for the matchup in the SB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I don't know if i favor Atlanta but i do feel with the monkey off their back they will be more dangerous. Atlanta smoked the Giants, while the Alex Smith 49ers were beaten badly by the Giants. Kaepernick is still young and he has struggled at times and Nolan's a pretty good coordinator. Like most playoff games turnovers will be huge. The pats had no business beating the Steelers in 2001 (especially after Brady's injury) but they did. Falcons could very well win this in a blow out if 49ers go in believing their hype. I did hear on the radio the Packers were decimated by the flu this past week like the pats were in the 2006 AFC championship game. So that could have contributed to the Packers running out of gas in the 4th quarter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I am hoping Atlanta beats the 49ers. I think they can if they go uptempo and the cross coast travel catches up with the 49ers in the 2nd half. That and if the temperature suddenly reverts to sub zero in HeII !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

duplicate sry.