As a Proud Member of the Ostrich Society I feel pretty good tonight.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

As a Proud Member of the Ostrich Society I feel pretty good tonight.

In a game that was very important to the Patriots, I watched and rooted for the Colts to beat the Texans.  This was a very emotional game for most Fans everywhere that simultaneously helped the Patriots.  

This was followed by the Pats Defense Shutting out The Dolphins on a very windy and bitterly cold day.  It was windy and bitterly cold for both teams yet the Patriots were able to Run and Pass with relative ease.  

I was going to mention that the Jets got smoked by the Bills to end their pathetic season but that might be considered petty.  :)

(Just in case TP is really a Pat's fan, I hope he didn't put a lot of money taking the 10 Points on the Dolphins.)

I realize that there is still a long road ahead but there isn't anything I'm going to be concerned about until kick off time on January 13th.   It is One Game, One Play at a Time. 

In closing, The Ostrich Society welcomes new members.  The only requirments for membership are to have a positive attitude, be proud of a team that other teams try to emulate, realize that it is impossible to win every game by 20 Points or more, to play in every Super Bowl and or Win every Super Bowl that they play in.   

Signed NCPatsFan1971

Seal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: As a Proud Member of the Ostrich Society I feel pretty good tonight.

I am SRARTACUS!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't see why your happy the Pats haven't won the SB in seven years.  That's the longest streak of futility in sports history.  Also, like five years ago they drafted a guy in the second round who sucked.  Why isn't anyone talking about that guy who sucked 5 years ago during a Patriots game!

Oh, and if I were the GM I would have signed all the best players and none of the bad ones this offseason, and I would have pulled all the guys that got injured before they got injured.

You know I'm right because I played football in HS.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I am Spartacus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Ostrich Society? Somebody explain to me what that actually means. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TexasPat should be able to elaborate on it :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it means homers who stick their head in the sand or dirt and not listen to why the Pats may not be the best team every year. Like an ostrich I guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TexasPat should be able to elaborate on it :)

[/QUOTE]

I hope he does so in his weekly grade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it means homers who stick their head in the sand or dirt and not listen to why the Pats may not be the best team every year. Like an ostrich I guess.

[/QUOTE]

Okay. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

Another crappy year. Second seed in the playoffs not the first seed. It is time to rethink investing some of my free time in this underachiever. 

I am looking for consistency and the Pats obviously are unable to provide that on a year to year basis. 

Nah, I think I'll stick with them one more miserable stinking playoff year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see why your happy the Pats haven't won the SB in seven years.  That's the longest streak of futility in sports history.  Also, like five years ago they drafted a guy in the second round who sucked.  Why isn't anyone talking about that guy who sucked 5 years ago during a Patriots game!

Oh, and if I were the GM I would have signed all the best players and none of the bad ones this offseason, and I would have pulled all the guys that got injured before they got injured.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO  (I get the sarcasm)

Yep, these complainers who post here are the best sportswriters, GM's, Coaches, and Players to ever come down the pike.

During the game today, I was thinking about a friend of mine who is from the Detroit area.  He was a Lions fan growing up back when Alex Karras played there.   Everytime, we talk about football, he jokingly mentions that the Lions havent won anything since 1957.  He became a Patriots fan because Brady went to Michigan.    I think he's more happy to be a Pats fan than some of the posters here.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LoL. Nice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats finished the year at the top of my NFL power rankings, squeaking ahead of Seattle, a team that survived St. Louis this Sunday. 

The Pats are first in points scored (557 to Denver's 481) and first in net points (+226 to Denver's +192 to Seattle's +167). 

Anyone playing them two or three weeks from now has to consider the additional problem of stopping Rob Gronkowski, both in the running game and in the passing game.  Not many other teams are getting stronger in January.

At least for the 13th of January, the Patriots sometimes have an imposing home field advantage in terms of wind and snow.  Houston in particular wouldn't enjoy the New England weather that much more than Miami did today.  Baltimore would put up with it, although the extra wind in Foxboro can really affect field goal kicks. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And they should have beaten the lowly Seahawks!!! How come you homers aren't talking about that???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Too many commercial breaks during Patriot broadcasts and not nearly enough free beer & chicken delivered to my door gratis from the Kraft Corp. ...

Dear Pats...Suk it .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's idiot homers, such as those who've posted above...who can't stand any objectivity or criticism directed at the Patriots. They rather stick their heads in the sand like an ostrich, to avoid the light of objectivity, and reality.

If you read my initial post starting this thread, you'll see where I agreed with a Providence Journal article, which stated that it's time for the Patriots to "put up or shut up". That they have the goods to win it all this year...and that there are no excuses. I strongly agree! I see the Pats as the best team in the NFL, with the best coach in the game, one of the best QBs in the game, and overall talent as good or better than any of the other contenders. the Pats need to win it all this year...NO EXCUSES.  

For some reason, this has infuriated the homers, and the esteemed members of the Ostrich Society.  Unreal....LOL!!!!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And they should have beaten the lowly Seahawks!!! How come you homers aren't talking about that???

[/QUOTE]

The Pats should have won that game. They blew a 23-10 4th quarter lead:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321014026

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats should have won that game. They blew a 23-10 4th quarter lead:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321014026

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the grown-ups have moved on.

Sections
Shortcuts