As of now, is Favre the league MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

As of now, is Favre the league MVP?

I am a brady and patriot guy but facts are facts. Where would Minny be without Favre? Last night was as vintage as it gets. He won the game. It was probably his best game in the past 10 years... definitely in his top 5! He has lost nothing! the nimble feet, quick reads, smarts, moxie, and of course the cannon for an arm even off balance and back pedaling. He made at least four throws last night including 2 for TDs that no one else in the league would even think about making, and definitely would not execute if they did attempt it. Cutler comes closest but its a very historically short list. The man is special! Last week, he won the game on that last second pass that only he could make.. He only has one INT all year, is third in QB rating and clearly is inspiring his teammates more than anyone not named Peyton right now. I see a Patriot-Minny Super Bowl as of now! Minny will beat the Giants and the Saints if they must! Playing in a dome esp if they get home field throughout the playoffs will increase their odds!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: As of now, Favre is the league MVP!

Minny would probably be 2-2 without Favre. They still have the best RB in the league and a nasty D.

Indy would be 0-4 without Manning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Too early for MVP voting, but I will say this: 

Vikes went to the playoffs last year without Favre (don't forget they have the ultimate play action weapon in AP), would the colts make the playoffs without Manning?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: As of now, Favre is the league MVP!:
    [QUOTE]Too early for MVP voting, but I will say this:  Vikes went to the playoffs last year without Favre (don't forget they have the ultimate play action weapon in AP), would the colts make the playoffs without Manning?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely! Are you mis-underestimating the powers of the Jim Sorgi? he's the next Steve Young!or bret Favre... in that the first time he gets his chance we may never see Peyton again!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: As of now, is Favre the league MVP?

hmm - interesting thought, but he has been given his chances.  Dungy historically pulled his starters when the playoff birth was wrapped up, Sorgi has had quite a few of those games.  He looks more comfortable with a headset and a clipboard.  He's going to be a great coach someday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The classic NFL fan disease, living in the moment syndrome. Farve would be the MVP if Drew Bress, Peyton Manning, and Patrick Willis had not played a snap this year. Heck, I think Peterson is ahead of him too. They did, so No. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't know if anyone beats the Vikings last night but it was a huge emotional game for Farve. The matchup was circled last summer and he played awesome. If he can stay within himself they go far with AP, if he forgets who the real stud on that team is and continues to force the tough ones in they'll lose the games that count against good teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Is anyone here serious?  Drew Brees is the MVP of the league right now and it's not close.  Manning is a second option but Brees is far and away the front runnner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

nahhhhh no way. Dont get over excited Favre did well in the only game that he gives a c rap about. 

He still wont last the season

NFC will come down to eagles saints

and I really hope to beat the eagles again in the sb

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

and without question at this point MANNING IS THE MVP. He has made some mediocre receivers look outstanding and has gone over 300 yrds in 4 consecutive games. Without manning the colts stink. He is clearly the mvp without question and probably will be at seasons end as well 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

I would argue that Rodgers was the better qb last night. Going over 300 yards with absolutely zero protection . Favre had all the time in the world not to mention the threat of adrian peterson. I dont want to  take anything away from Favre because his 271 yards were hard fought and many of his throws were textbook, just fantastic completions but you cant consider him MVP of anything other than his household 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

cant come up with a compelling argument against Favre but i think its manning right now.... taken some no name WR's and Reggie Wayne/Clark and has had the most potent offense

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-LITE. Show K-LITE's posts

Well, thus far, I'd have to say.......................HELLO!!! ITS WEEK 5! We know nothing about this season (accept if your a Tenn. fan. You know your team is done) as of yet! However, I'll humor you and play along.

Peyton Manning would be the league MVP IF the season ended today. If you subtract Farve? Your left with the best RB in football and a awesome D! Still a possible playoff team. Subtract Manning from Indy? Your left with a team that wouldn't be 4-0 that's for damn sure!

I know Farve looked really good last night and everything but, it's week 5! Why is everyone drooling all over this guy? JT the P R I C K dedicated his entire show to B L O W I N G FARVE! Its rediculous if you ask me!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

ummmm....in a word.   NO!  not even close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Favre MVP? No way. AP is the reason he gets all the soft coverages so he can easily throw.  Manning is right now. Brees doesn't have a TD in the last 2 games. It's got to be Peyton Manning right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

favre has played great cant take that away from him even if the coverage of the game and his play was over the top

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Favre has played way better than I expected but he's not on any non-fanboy MVP lists that I know of. Peyton is clearly the frontrunner right now, Brees second in my book. I would listen to arguments that flipped that order. The rest is too early to talk about.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

not the ultimate test but i just heard that the game last nite was the HIGHEST rated game in the HISTORY of cable! that says a lot... they are not doing those numbers if tavares jackson is the QB. GB is a publically owned team. Ted thompson should be fired as well as others over there. the value of the team has been dropped significantly, plus playoff chances. they unnecessarily give away their most highest valued asset! even his old jerseys outsell anyone on GB now. they should have worked to accomodate him as have the Vikings! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Most Vain Player? Absolutely!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: As of now, is Favre the league MVP?:
    [QUOTE]not the ultimate test but i just heard that the game last nite was the HIGHEST rated game in the HISTORY of cable! that says a lot... they are not doing those numbers if tavares jackson is the QB. GB is a publically owned team. Ted thompson should be fired as well as others over there. the value of the team has been dropped significantly, plus playoff chances. they unnecessarily give away their most highest valued asset! even his old jerseys outsell anyone on GB now. they should have worked to accomodate him as have the Vikings! 
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]
    Hey, but Aaron Rogers is good.  LOL. 

Actually Rogers is good.  One of his passes last night just floored me how difficult it was and how perfectly it was thrown.  but you would think with the cap space the pack cleared that they could find someone to play LT for them. 

Now Jared Allen is a beast, but last night he was not coming off the ball hard.  His technique seemed to be to wait until the LT set his feet and then Allen either went through him or around him.  I felt like Freeney could have had 10 sacks last night.  Anyway, I digress. 

The thing that never gets mentioned in the Favre saga is that the packers always wanted him out, but only wanted him out THEIR way.  They held his rights, so they had that right, but GB deserved what it got last night from Favre.  If they had just let him go last year, this whole thing would have been played out with Favre as a Vike, and the drama would be done.  Oh, and the pats would have gone to the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In Response to Re: As of now, is Favre the league MVP?:
    Is anyone here serious?  Drew Brees is the MVP of the league right now and it's not close.  Manning is a second option but Brees is far and away the front runnner.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione

Are you kidding man? Brees hasnt got a TD in his last two games and the Saints still won. Their D looks pretty good right now. If Manning goes without a TD, I am pretty sure Colts will lose. As good as their D is (average), they cant win games without Manning and he is putting up pretty good numbers this year - 4 consecutive 300 yard games... those are MVP numbers. Of course we are just 4 weeks into the season, and Brady can catch up pretty soon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

brees has great numbers so far... but he has gone two straight games without a TD.... I think Manning is the MVP right now but Favre certainly is in the conversation and i wont leave Brees out of the conversation but his numbers took a hit the last two weeks.... and regardless of popular opinion you do need the numbers to get the awards

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Favre is exciting to watch, he's reengergizing that team, and he wins games.

But hands down, this isn't even a contest right now.  Peyton Manning is the best player right now in the NFL.  Like someone else already posted, Indy would be 0-4 with Jim Sorgi at the helm.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

If the vikes manage that arm properly, and with AP I think it is required, b/c he has to get his touches, they could do some real damage.

Sections
Shortcuts