As Predicted

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: As Predicted

Alex Smith SUCKS!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Colin Kaepernick has upside, but yeah, this could be a mistake.  Smith is not dynamic, he is a Trent Dilfer type QB that does what his team needs him to do to win -- manage the game.  Say this though, it Kaepernick lives up to the hype that is one scary team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He benched your blow up doll? That's harsh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He benched your blow up doll? That's harsh.

[/QUOTE]

Bawahahaha!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I can see both sides. Its a high risk manuever that could pay off huge, or backfire in nuclear fashion. All that has to happen is for him to run into NY or someone in the PS and throw three picks. If that happens, katy bar the door. He may also lose Alex Smith through this, and if Caepernick hits the skids, Smith (who seems to be ever so slightly fragile) may not make it back. But its a Harbaugh-esque move. High risk, high reward.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's a high risk move. I personally wouldn't have done it until the offseason. 

And some of the PR statements have been ludicrous (like "they are both our guys")

That can't be playing well in the locker room. 

I suspect this will look bad in retrospect but: Colin does have more big play capability and Harbaugh is clearly aware that you can't have a defense/run/limited QB system any more and win it all. At some point your QB has to make some big plays. Smith, however, does seem to have developed a good mental game for the playoffs so this is a really risky call. 

I say you can't judge it till the seasons ends. if they go to, or win the Super Bowl, it was a good move. If they don't it was a mistake. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

To early to tell on Harbaugh CK.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I have been checking out some 49'ers forums, looks like there are a whole lot more 49'er fans in favor of this move then there are those against it.  I live in 49'er country, everyone is super stoked about it too.  Sounds like they aren't going to question the decision should they not make it to the SB.  Seems like most peoples opinion is Colins upside far outweighs Smiths experience.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Alex Smith = Mark Sanchez

With a good defense, OL and running game, Sanchez went to back to back AFCCGs. Without them, the Jets can't even win 8 games. 

Neither Mark not Alex will win you a football game, but they can lose it for you.