As Predicted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: As Predicted

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alex Smith SUCKS!!!

[/QUOTE]

Dynamic? Certainly not.

But sucks?

70% completion rate; 5th in the league with QB Rating over 104; 2.5-1 TD/Int ratio, following a 3.5-1 ratio last year?

Can do a lot worse than that at QB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alex Smith = Mark Sanchez

With a good defense, OL and running game, Sanchez went to back to back AFCCGs. Without them, the Jets can't even win 8 games. 

Neither Mark not Alex will win you a football game, but they can lose it for you. 

[/QUOTE]

I do like the Kaepernick move for SF, but Smith is nowhere close to being as putrid as the Sanchize.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree, Smith isn't Mark Sancheeze material.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Kaepernick has 7 plays of 25 yards or more in 2 games, Smith has 11 plays of 25 yards or more in 9 games.  That's huge, I think this pretty much confirms who the big play qb is.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It's taking quite a risk IMO. Why now just past the halfway point of the season? It may work out for the Niners and Harbaugh will be called a genius but if not he might have lost smith if he needs to go back to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have Smith in that 12-14 range of all NFL QB's. He is much, much better than Sanchez and what Dilfer was.

Harbaugh is running west coast offense with Smith, and wants to play down field with Moss, Manningham etc. Smith has a weakness, and it is getting the ball down field. Kapernick has a big arm, is very mobile, and can make something out of nothng. Smith cannot.

I actually do see a similarity to the begining if Bradys career. If you recall, BB simply wasnt happy with the offense the way Bledsoe played. He was going to make a QB change even if Bledsoe was not injured. BB saw what Brady could do in practice and was comfortable with the move. Surely Harbaugh did not make this move not knowing what Kapernick could produce.

It seems Harbaugh could have set himself up to trade Smith in the offseason for a #1. I cant see the Raiders ever winning with Palmers int's. Ditto Buffalo. I think the Jets have boxed themselves in with Sanchez.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Everybody seems to be singing the praises of young CK. Let's see how he does in NE, in December against a confusing Bill B. defense.

I'll be at that game and looking forward to a good matchup. If CK can beat the Pats at home (obviously, I do not think this will happen) then San Fran might have a fine prospect at QB. I'm more concerned about the Pats offense picking apart that tuff SF defense.

Go Pats!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I think Harbaugh has no confidence in Smith's ability to get them to the Super Bowl, hence he is going with the other guy.  IMO is risky decision, bound to make rookie mistakes in big games- Kpern didn't look good to me last week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Up until last season Alex Smith was a BUST. This isn't exactly Brady replacing Bledsoe............

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm.... folks here love to blame the Pats coaching staff when things don't go well, especially when Brady is somewhat less than stellar at th end of close/losing games. But, here we're going after Alex Smith, he of the 6 OC's in 6 years. Funny that isn't a problem with him, but it is with Tom Terrific.

Harbaugh should have done this in training camp, NOT after Smith gets a concussion. Now, everyone who's sipped the Kool Aid will say that Smith must, no, HAS to be the ultimate savior should Collin go down with an injury OR have success catch up with him and he becomes, well, mediocre. And, what if he's not? QB's need to stay in a game rythm. He should have brought Collin into games that the 49'ers were safely ahead, if he was sooo curious abiut his upside. Bottom line is that he drafted Collin, and NOT Smith.  

Can't wait to see IF the 49'ers lose a few, and lose a home bye, and then lose an early round playoff game. Can't wait to hear the excuses. Then, when Smith becomes a FA, I'd love to see him go someplace with a credible WR and decent RB's (Cardinals, anyone?) in their same division, and stir things up. Curt Warner, anyone, after he was dissed in St Louis and NY?