As promised whats your favorite PLAYOFF game of the decade..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

As promised whats your favorite PLAYOFF game of the decade..

Tough for me - Cant decide between snow bowl, 01 AFC Champ game with Willie yelling "Cancel those reservations", or the 03 divisional game with Manning pulling clods of Gillette sod out of his facemask after his multiple sacks leading to 4 picks...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: As promised whats your favorite PLAYOFF game of the decade..

2004 AFC Championship at Pittsburgh when Deion Branch said at the end of the game, "Hey, where are the towels?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

this is easy for me... snowbowl.  there was something magical about that night.  it was a great way to say goodbye to foxboro stadium.  not to mention, it was the beginning of it all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Snowbowl

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The snowbowl was magical....iconic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

best kick in NFL history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

1st Superbowl Victory against the Rams. For me the biggest upset of all time. We had no chance against the greatest show on turf so we just beat the living cr@p out of them and won a game we never should have been able to. This is the game that gives me hope whenever I think we're not good enough to win another SuperBowl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I would have to go with the Snow Bowl as well.

I thought it was Paxton who started the snow angels.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

The Snow Bowl. When the ref stood there and said..."Upon further review, the quarterback's arm was moving forward..." I jumped up and yelled "We're going to win the Super Bowl!" 
    I have no proof of that. The dog ate the videotape.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

04 SB, the game cemented a dynasty! Pats' receivers mocking the T.O. Eagle flap, McNabb running for his life, Brady playing one of his best, if not his best, playoff game in his career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I only had to read a couple of comments in a row here to realize, yes, the Snow Bowl.  Second place is the snow game popping like fireworks in the crowd, when Bruschi picked a pass and darted into the EZ, clear away, sliding on his knees.  (Or was that a division-clincher game?) But Snow Bowl started it all, and was so much more dramatic in a rare way.  Viniateri will be considered the best clutch kicker in the league history for decades, maybe even a hundred of years or more - FOR WHEN WE HAD HIM (knyuck, knyuck, knyuck)!  Eat that, COLTS!

And yeah, it was Lonnie doing the angels.  Great, reliable player. Wish him well.  Or back.  It worked great with Tully.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

05 afc championship, Rodney Harrison picking off Roethlisberger running it back 80 yards for a touchdown, 41-27 win and on to SB 29.

They sure could use a Deion Branch today, had great speed after the catch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Okay, I'm changing mine to the Snow Bowl too if everyone is picking it. LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Toss Up:
    '01 AFC Divisional against the Raiders (Snowbowl)
    '01 AFC Conference against the Steelers ("Cancel Those Reservations")
    '01 SuperBowl 36 (The Silence of the Rams)
    '03 AFC Conference against the Ponies (Peyton fought The Law and The Law won)
    '04 Divisional against the Colts (Ground Hog Day for the Ponies "Just Like Last Year")
    '04 Conference against the Steelers (" Where are your towels?"). Hines Ward crying over Bettis potential retirement was just the icing on the cake.

Its hard to choose one so these are my favorite Playoff games of the decade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steveleary. Show steveleary's posts

I can watch the 'snowbowl' over and over!

Some of the reasons why the best for me:
    * Raiders favored greatly
    * Nobody expected that team to go from 5-5 to end with 7 straight wins
    * It was nip n tuck through whole game
    * the brilliant coaching by BB and charle weiss
    *wiggins out of nowhere
    *#12 RUNS for a 5 yd td!
    *the tuck rule (all of football land discussed for days)
    *#4's 45 yd tying FG probably the greatest FG in history
    * and, this W began the run for the team of the decade

yup, I liked that game! :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I prefer 03- Colts Championship game. Ty Law Owning Manning with three picks. I love watching that game and Manning face as he throws pick after pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's hard not to point to the divisional game with the Raiders as the magical moment. How does Viniateri make that kick? It was completely unpossible. But for an old campaigner like me, there was no better feeling than watching Drew Bledsoe come off the bench in the AFC Championship Game and spoon-feed Bitchburgh its lunch (and its luggage -- Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Only because the Pats have so many memorable playoff wins, amazingly no one has even mentioned the tremendous divisional playoff victory in San Diego in '05 playoffs. 
    Belichick outcoaching Marty, Troy Brown stripping the SD player of the ball who just made a crucial interception...
    For most NFL teams a road playoff game win like that would be an all time franchise highlight...   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You're right, Bob.

It's really impossible to pick just one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jds966. Show jds966's posts

mine is the 2004 20-3 victory against the colts.  esp. since Manning broke all those scoring records....the snow, Brueichi(sorry) tearing the ball away for a "fumble", etc

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SaugusPatsFan. Show SaugusPatsFan's posts

I agree with prariemike, it was really sweet sending the Steelers home in '01!

The best thing, however, is that we have so many games to pick from!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

My fave was the 2004 divisional game against the Colts, 20-3, played in Jan. '05.  I relished that game from start to finish.   Everybody was predicting that we'd get our butts kicked and we just crucified them.  Bruschi had that great takeaway from Dominic Rhodes, where he said afterwards, "I wanted it more than he did."  I just laugh even thinking about that game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

First: 12/5/2007
    Last: 1/2/2010

mine is the 2004 20-3 victory against the colts.  esp. since Manning broke all those scoring records....the snow, Brueichi(sorry) tearing the ball away for a "fumble", etc

Brushci walking off and telling the on-field reporter (whoever it was) "Unstoppable? Look at the scoreboard!" was classic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

It's the Snow Bowl.  It was magical. 

I love snow games anyhow.  I went to one when they played at Fenway Park about 150 years ago.  It was like Woodstock without mud.  It felt like school was closed and you were playing in the snow with 50,000 of your friends.

I love the snow plow in the Miami game.  I live in Florida now and it just makes me smile when Dolphin fans mention it.  It was so outrageous. Just funny!

Yeah, it's the Snow Bowl because it was like a fantasy ending in a romantic comedy and then the narrator says "the Patriots went on to win their first Superbowl and everyone lived happily ever after" 

Pardon me if I strayed off a bit. :) I just feel good every time I see a football game in the snow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

2004-05 AFCCG when we destroyed the 15-1 Steelers. TB had the flu the night before and Pittsburgh was already calling themselves the champs. As Willie Mac put it they forgot who the champ was, and we were the champs!

Sections
Shortcuts