As Suspected

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

As Suspected

The Rookie Cap is in place and BB is done trading back trying build his base with numbers v.s. going for quality with less of a chance of hitting.    Not surprising. I am surprised he traded up TWICE, but once I saw who he got on the second one (Hightower), it didn't matter and that's WHY you try to add picks in future drafts, so you can control the board early, get your impact players and then go from there.

Only Minny did as well as NE in Rd 1.  Each owned the 1st rd.  This is the 3rd straight draft where it won't be any worse than a B rating, likely more in the A range when it's all said and done.

He gets two high need infusion picks with Jones and the great Hightower and then adds some numbers at Safety with WIlson and Dennard. Hard to complain, especially if Dennard somehow isn't as wild as his previous incidents appear.

I don't know much about Jones because I just really dont' watch the Big East much at all, but if BB is trading up for you in Round 1, you have to be pretty good.  No way on earth BB trades up for two defensive players if he's not overly sold on what they can do immediately. I'd be surprised if each Jones and Hightower weren't starters by opening day. Jones would appear to be able to easily knock out Deaderick in the 4-3 and Hightower can take snaps away from the over-exposed Nink at SLB. Love Nink, but this only helps his game and impact for the team.

And the Hightwower thing is just a bonus. I cannot believe he dropped like that.  Thank you, Pitt.

The back end project picks are typically interesting from BB, but overall it appears like they got Patriot material players (Bequette as well) and addressed need with youth yet again. 

The competition with loads of experience and now even more youth and athleticism on D is going to be cool to watch.  By far the deepest and youngest pool of front 7 players here in years. Small FA signings like Fanene and Trevor Scott only appear more important now.

Finally, I've noticed my name being dropped in some of these threads with inaccruate statements about me not acknowledging some flaws in the D. Obviously, that's false.  As usual. If I am on here talking about Safety, DE and OLB and using names like Dennard 6 weeks ago, how am I not acknowledging needs on D? The only question was, would BB address it in 2011 pre CBA agreeent or just wait and be conservative in 2011. Well, he wisely waited and for anyone to complain about any of this is so utterly clueless it's beyond amazing.

You're not smarter or more in tune than the scouts, BB and his staff.  You're not.

It gets a little tiring seeing people either lie about what I say or mangle my comments to the point it appears you can't read correctly. Just because I think morons like Cris Carter on ESPN over-selling how bad NE's D is all season long are just that (morons), doesn't mean I think NE's D is the 2000 Ravens entering 2012. Not every topic in a discussion is so black and white. It is for 12 year olds, but not adults.

Please try to read better or don't take the Babe Parilli/troll bait. This board is a joke with people like that dominating it.

Bottom line is, the D played better than our offense in the postseason, and that's unacceptable considering the problems on D (youth, injuries, some inexperience in spots, etc). All the money and investment had been on offense from an ideological standpoint due to the era in this current NFL.

In any of my comments leading up the draft you'll see I said nothing about taking offensive players minus a WR in Round 2 (Sanu was my choice).  Or trading for an RB.  Oh well.  I am still concerned about who on earth our lead RB is going to be.

In that area, it may very well be Ryan Grant, which wouldn't be bad, especially if he could channel his 2009 self.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: As Suspected

The difference in salary between picks #27 -> #21 and #31 -> #25 is less then a million a yr.

I think the bigger difference in BB trading up was that:

Jones fits that elephant size and numbers that fits BB's ideal as a Willie Mac type (notice Bequette fits the same mold). There hasn't been a player like that in a while. Of course the run on pass rushers I'm sure prompted him to move too.

I think Hightower was more of a shocker. I'm convinced they would have grabbed Upshaw at #31 or traded back if the Steelers took Hightower. How quickly that trade was made tells me that they really wanted Hightower and were shocked he got past Pit. They knew he wouldn't get past Bal so they jumped and grab a Mayo type of leader with slight differences to Mayo (Hightower better pass rusher, Mayo better coverage) that could make them a very dangerous duo. I don't think it's a matter of the cap so much as it was they liked both these players and felt they wouldn't make it to their picks (something BB commented to) and moved up to get guys they really wanted. This isn't the first time they did this (Watson, Ty Warren). If they target a player they will move up, maybe not a huge jump, but they will move up to get a guy they really want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

But, if you're choosing twice in Round 1, 500K for example, twice,  is 1 million dollars.  I agree with you that it makes far more sense to trade up now with a rookie cap, hence why he had no issues doing it. That differencw would have been worse prior to this new CBA and by trading up, the price would also be higher in terms of money.  Now, the compensation is a bit higher, especially for top 10 slots. It's why Holmgren and the Bronwns got fleeced by MInny and why the Jets never had a chance at Richardson.  I thought he might do it (trade up) last year with some inside knowledge of the rookie cap numbers, but they were still in hard core negotiations through August in the lock out.

If you went out tomorrow and signed Ryan Grant to compete for lead RB duty here, that's 1 million dollars you just saved and used in another area maybe paying him 1 or 2 mil per on a 2 year deal.   BJGE just got what 3.5 per?  So, if Grant is available, that 1-2 million is still not really much of a big deal as well, due to the rookie cap.  BB loses a bit of leverage with trading up for $$, but then again each Jones and Hightower werent' the first to go off the board at DE or MLB/LB either. 

Again, it all matters.  It mattered last year in the Carter, Anderson and Waters signings.

It matters Lloyd took less and Ocho took a massive cut, too.

I am just saying, in general, it was obvious to me BB wanted to build via the draft and up his odds by trading back, especially in 2010, the deepest draft talent since 1983.  I never understood why this was so difficutl to understand in terms of theory. It didn't make sense to trade up in 2009 and 2010 or even 2011 with an unknown CBA.

I think BB wins on both fronts:  Patiently trading back and upping odds on hitting on players he likes and waiting on the rookie cap to save some money there.

IN all honesty, I think he's been just masterful here the last few years in particular, and it's by no coincidence it came after he got his infrastructure back with Dimitroff and Pioli leaving (2008 and 2009).

Then, people use Mel Kiper or ESPN as a source. Embarrassing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I actually think all teams are still figuring out what the cap means to the draft - very few 2013 picks changed hands for that reason during the draft. The value chart which was always suspect is more so now. The value of top ten picks is greater since the cost is so much less and the same is true for 10-20. By pick 20 though, the change in contract value is not as great between pre cap/post cap.From rounds 2 on, value was always somewhat fluid - it really depends on a teams draft board and needs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

One thing you are missing Rusty is the lack of space on the team. We both know BB loves his late round picks and UDFA's. Every year he has 12+ players taken in the 5th or later. This year he only has 7. One reason is that they were almost against the 80 man limit to begin with before they expanded it to 90. One factor BB most likely took into account was why not trade up to grab the players he wanted if the picks he used to trade up gave him more spaces to sign UDFA's? I know it's a bit of weird logic but after day 1 hearing BB saying that he saw the guys he wanted and didn't have to use any of the 2nds to get them, it suddenly dawned on me that BB might not have planned to use the 3rd and 4th round picks anyways and that this year he wasn't planning on drafting 10+ players. I just think it's one of those rare years where he saw a Willie type of player and another Mayo type of player and said we need to have them and the side benefit was that it was in a rookie cap year and during a year where his roster size was almost full to begin with. What I'm saying is though the rookie cap might have been a factor to me it was a secondary factor to BB finally found the players that fit his ideal LB mold and he made moves to make sure he got them. The best example of when BB wants a player that he'll move up regardless of the cap number is Watson. If Watson didn't happen, then I'd lean more towards your belief but since it did then that move is similar to moving from #27 to #21 and I don't think the cap savings were a big issue to him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

No, I hear you there. No doubt. That's why I was saying he was gathering large numbers of young players both in the draft or via the FA process (both rookie and veteran FAs) to see who fits here, within these last few years. People mock these moves, but we're going to see the payoff now. IMO, BIG TIME. The days of a solid D are over.  I think we'll be seeing a very athletic, experienced and very deep defense now.

I kept trying to talk people down from the ledge and they just didn't want to hear it.

Like I was saying, I thought BB might do that "let me get my 2 slam dunk 1st rders" last year and then basically pack up the tent after Thursday night's round 1.

Honestly, I think he would have, if not for the lockout. If the liockout was settled pre draft, I bet we would have seen that last year.  NE had the most players under the 90 player limit going into this draft, I believe, with 74.

He knew what he wanted early in this draft, and it mirrors what most were saying here (DE/OLB, Safety, etc).

Also, word was he didn't like quality of this draft, so he went with upping his odds later in the draft for far less money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: As Suspected:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Suspected : The days of the solid D are over?  Yeah, they are. They were over sometime around 2007.  Each of the past three years that "solid D" has given up more points than the year before.  It's all about points, right?
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Some quaint souls think it is about wins and losses, as in 14-2 in 2010 and 13-3 in 2011. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Obviously they're letting the patients out at the NYC mental institute again. Angry little boy JetMangione is back making an asp out of himself again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nonsense. BB went all out in this draft to fix a bad D. It had nothing to do with the rookie wage scale.

The rookie wage scale had it's greatest effect on the top 10 grossly overpriced picks of the past. Picks in the latter half of the draft were never a big cap concern so your spin is as always, absurd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I question ANYONE supporting Mangione. Babe Parilli or anyone else who claims I am here under different names is a moron x 1,000.

I suggest Pats fans take the time to start reporting our resident trolls.  The fact Pats fans can't come here and talk about their team with constant interruption is out of hand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I question ANYONE supporting Mangione. Babe Parilli or anyone else who claims I am here under different names is a moron x 1,000. I suggest Pats fans take the time to start reporting our resident trolls.  The fact Pats fans can't come here and talk about their team with constant interruption is out of hand.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Interruption? You don't like your constant spouting of nonsense, criticizing BB's coaching and bashing Brady interrupted?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]No, me stating that poor ball control on the 4th qtr and turning the ball over with a 17-15 lead is not a good thing in a SB.  I don't celebrate when my loaded offense fails in SBs. For Mark Sanchez it's deemed a good thing, but not here in NE, virgin boy.

Did you hear, that "loaded" offense was basically missing the guy who scored 1/3 of its TDs? Does that fact even slightly penetrate the infinitely dense matter you call a brain?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

As everyone can see, Babe Parilli and Mangione are essentially the same person here. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Suspected : Yes, precisely.   Obviously, that was the crucial point in the game.  How many points did the Giants score off that turnover?

Thankfully, it wasn't a TD.  But, stupidly Brady gave back momentum swiftly and put his D back on the field yet again very quickly. This a game AFTER he did the same thing (INT on 1st play after gamechanging iNT by Spikes), changing momentum for the worse.

A bad habit the offense continued to maintain all year. 

Maybe someday Brady will again make throws like wittle Eli makes like Brady USED to make.

Of course, simply using a run game and not acting like a run game is a disease might be a decent place to start.

If not for the INT or Welker drop, that's at worst 3 minutes worked off the clock in each case, even if NE had gone 3 and out after each play.  That's 3 minutes the Giants simply wouldn't have had to score their TD at the end.

You know, this is really simple stuff, which is right up your alley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] If not for the INT

Hey Oh great football genius, quick question. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Gronk should have taken a penalty to negate that INT? Because millions of people watching knew the ball was going to be picked seconds before it actually was.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Suspected : Hey Oh great football genius, quick question. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Gronk should have taken a penalty to negate that INT? Because millions of people watching knew the ball was going to be picked seconds before it actually was.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Yup Gronk's fault for not stopping the INT. Not Brady's fault for throwing it. tell me again who's fault the safety was.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Suspected : Tell me again who's fault the safety was.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Bill O'Brien.  It was a stupid play call.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Suspected : Hey Oh great football genius, quick question. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Gronk should have taken a penalty to negate that INT? Because millions of people watching knew the ball was going to be picked seconds before it actually was.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

So, now you're excuse on that play will include a hobbled Gronk needing to come back on another underthrown ball (unnecessarily) as the reason why there was an INT?

You're a very pathetic joke.  The guy who can't cut and run due to a sprained ankle is now being blamed for that decision?

How is that decision to throw that ball any better than the one to Slater in the AFC title game into triple coverage?

Brady needs to work on his deep ball.  Until he gets it right, pleade stop throwing it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

The only problem with that is, it doesn't go to the root of the problem, which is the fcact that each is a troll and offers nothing to this board for other PAts fans.

And unfortunately, we have some here who support the trolls. So, others who aren't aware they are trolls end up seeing their comments anyway.

It would be far easier for the mods here to simply do their jobs.  Not hard.  It's very clear who ruins these threads.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to As Suspected:
    [QUOTE]The Rookie Cap is in place and BB is done trading back trying build his base with numbers v.s. going for quality with less of a chance of hitting.    Not surprising. I am surprised he traded up TWICE, but once I saw who he got on the second one (Hightower), it didn't matter and that's WHY you try to add picks in future drafts, so you can control the board early, get your impact players and then go from there. Only Minny did as well as NE in Rd 1.  Each owned the 1st rd.  This is the 3rd straight draft where it won't be any worse than a B rating, likely more in the A range when it's all said and done. He gets two high need infusion picks with Jones and the great Hightower and then adds some numbers at Safety with WIlson and Dennard. Hard to complain, especially if Dennard somehow isn't as wild as his previous incidents appear. I don't know much about Jones because I just really dont' watch the Big East much at all, but if BB is trading up for you in Round 1, you have to be pretty good.  No way on earth BB trades up for two defensive players if he's not overly sold on what they can do immediately. I'd be surprised if each Jones and Hightower weren't starters by opening day. Jones would appear to be able to easily knock out Deaderick in the 4-3 and Hightower can take snaps away from the over-exposed Nink at SLB. Love Nink, but this only helps his game and impact for the team. And the Hightwower thing is just a bonus. I cannot believe he dropped like that.  Thank you, Pitt. The back end project picks are typically interesting from BB, but overall it appears like they got Patriot material players (Bequette as well) and addressed need with youth yet again.  The competition with loads of experience and now even more youth and athleticism on D is going to be cool to watch.  By far the deepest and youngest pool of front 7 players here in years. Small FA signings like Fanene and Trevor Scott only appear more important now. Finally, I've noticed my name being dropped in some of these threads with inaccruate statements about me not acknowledging some flaws in the D. Obviously, that's false.  As usual. If I am on here talking about Safety, DE and OLB and using names like Dennard 6 weeks ago, how am I not acknowledging needs on D? The only question was, would BB address it in 2011 pre CBA agreeent or just wait and be conservative in 2011. Well, he wisely waited and for anyone to complain about any of this is so utterly clueless it's beyond amazing. You're not smarter or more in tune than the scouts, BB and his staff.  You're not. It gets a little tiring seeing people either lie about what I say or mangle my comments to the point it appears you can't read correctly. Just because I think morons like Cris Carter on ESPN over-selling how bad NE's D is all season long are just that (morons), doesn't mean I think NE's D is the 2000 Ravens entering 2012. Not every topic in a discussion is so black and white. It is for 12 year olds, but not adults. Please try to read better or don't take the Babe Parilli/troll bait. This board is a joke with people like that dominating it. Bottom line is, the D played better than our offense in the postseason, and that's unacceptable considering the problems on D (youth, injuries, some inexperience in spots, etc). All the money and investment had been on offense from an ideological standpoint due to the era in this current NFL. In any of my comments leading up the draft you'll see I said nothing about taking offensive players minus a WR in Round 2 (Sanu was my choice).  Or trading for an RB.  Oh well.  I am still concerned about who on earth our lead RB is going to be. In that area, it may very well be Ryan Grant, which wouldn't be bad, especially if he could channel his 2009 self.

All in all I think it was a good draft - clearly designed to improve a defense that sorely needed improvement.

I like the size of our first round selections and the kid they got in the third gives them some much needed length as well. Watching film of Chandler and Bequette they look like 2 guys that are right now 43 defensive ends and will take some time to play outside. Hightower looks like one of the most versatile front seven players we have had in years...the guy is huge for a linebacker and has legs that look like tree trunks. The Bequette kid looks like he just won't quit - I don't care if he didn't run the best or test the best - he has production, length and a total non stop motor (you can't teach what he's got). With the height we add with Chandler and Bequette, it won't always matter if the rush gets there, they'll be able to put their hands up and bat stuff down.

I didn't like the second round selection and after watching some film...I still don't like it. When they selected Vollmer, I was shocked - until I watched the film, it was clear he was a major league talent. With this kid, I've watched film and I must say I'm absolutely stunned (I have no clue what they see in him to select him so high). The kid from Nebraska looks like a superior player.

A good draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Yes, but do you see why he traded up with a rookie cap and used the 1st rd picks vs trading back in recent drafts? 

You were one who had been against it and he's able to have spending cash, resign players or add players before using the infusion picks with a rookie cap.

Why would you do it when you know you needed to rebuild the D anyway? You just showed no patience the whole time even on the heels of what appear to be 1 great draft (2010), and two really good ones.

He doesn't get Gronk without trading back in 2009, for example.  Yet all we hear about s how BB Missed on Clay Matthews. Well, no, by him trading back in 2009 it allowed him to move on Gronk.  BB just did it again to Baltimore with Hightower.

You and others had incredible and highly irrational expectations putting BB's feet to the fire the last few years, when in the end, he had the right plan the entire time. No team hits on every pick.

A good draft on paper and so was 2011. 2010 even with Price not working out and Cunningham on the bubble looks fantastic right down to Mesko through the UDFA moves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Suspected : In fact it was zero points.  ZERO.  Do you know what really causes a shift in momentum?  A defense that can't force a single 3 and out through an entire game.

Or holding a team to FGs and 13 points waiting for the AFC's leading offense to score more than just 1TD out of halftime after only scoring 10 points in the 1st half, mostly due to a safety.

NE's D certainly did not give up any big plays to speak of in the first 57 minutes. If only our offense didn't  commit a Safety, a horrendous INT and a catchable drop.  Those 3 makeable plays or avoiding disasters alone is at least 3 minutes worth of clock.

In 2004, those throws or plays don't occur with Brady. Unfortunately, today, with him not being quite as good as that or channeling his 2010 season into the postseason, it's costing NE playoff games. Almost cost them the AFC title game like it did in 2007.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As suspected...

This thread has turned into yet another argument about last year's Super Bowl.

Good points Bass, many fans want to reap the benefits of trading back while still lamenting the losses because of the trading back.

Would it be better to have Clay matthews, or Gronk + another part? It doesn't ALWAYS work out well, obviously, but it's a calculated gamble.

I disagree, however, that this is a sign of things to come. I think you'll start to see BB roll picks again next year. Why? Well, when looking at this team, I see a lot of talent, and a LOT of youth. They, again, will be afforded the luxury of having very few "needs" for the next few years as some big salaries are peeled off the books, i.e. Light already retiring. Waters off the books next year. Then is Mankins up in 2014? Maybe 15. At any rate, it's not just the drafting, the way BB construsts the entire roster, right down to when contracts expire, is a thing of beauty. Never will the pats be in a situation like NO was this past offseason with having so many FA come up at once. (admit it, you all thought I was going Bountygate...HA)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Suspected : Or holding a team to FGs and 13 points waiting for the AFC's leading offense to score more than just 1TD out of halftime after only scoring 10 points in the 1st half, mostly due to a safety. NE's D certainly did not give up any big plays to speak of in the first 57 minutes. If only our offense didn't  commit a Safety, a horrendous INT and a catchable drop.  Those 3 makeable plays or avoiding disasters alone is at least 3 minutes worth of clock. In 2004, those throws or plays don't occur with Brady. Unfortunately, today, with him not being quite as good as that or channeling his 2010 season into the postseason, it's costing NE playoff games. Almost cost them the AFC title game like it did in 2007.

What is so hard for you to fathom about the fact that having your #1 weapon rendered a non factor pretty much relegates the offense to a shadow of its norm?

Certainly if the plethora of dropped passes were caught things would have been different, yet still, a simple defensive stop at the endgame would have won the day.

You are a nincompoop.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Suspected : Or holding a team to FGs and 13 points waiting for the AFC's leading offense to score more than just 1TD out of halftime after only scoring 10 points in the 1st half, mostly due to a safety. NE's D certainly did not give up any big plays to speak of in the first 57 minutes. If only our offense didn't  commit a Safety, a horrendous INT and a catchable drop.  Those 3 makeable plays or avoiding disasters alone is at least 3 minutes worth of clock. In 2004, those throws or plays don't occur with Brady. Unfortunately, today, with him not being quite as good as that or channeling his 2010 season into the postseason, it's costing NE playoff games. Almost cost them the AFC title game like it did in 2007.

OK, Chubby Checker,  (Twist &  Shout) it was 19 pts not 13.  You conveniently leave out the one that BB gave them because he knew there was no way in hadies they were getting the ball back without doing so.
    You really should stop blaming just the O for the SB loss.  It's simply not factual.
    The pitiful O was leading until the last 3 minutes.  How do you account for that?
    The awesome D lost that lead with 57 secs left.
    The game was 8 possessions, not 12.  Scores tend to be less with less possessions.  Don't you agree?
    Brady's stats were comparable to Ellie's.  The big difference was that Ellie was playing the Pat's D and TB was playing the Jints D.
    Huge difference as Ellie's D actually got a turn over, had a much better 3rd down conversion percentage, didn't allow 10-12 plays a possession and had the nerve to somehow stop the Pats from entering their territory on every possession, (something The pats D failed to do).  I seem to remember something about TB setting a SB record by scoring from the 2 yard line.  That's obviously something that is never done.  Seems like TB was starting from that vicinity a lot (including that horrendous safety)
    Somehow, it's advantage Jints if they get to punt from Pats territory every possession.  Do you think that blasted safety would have happened if the Pats started from the 20?  I don't. Where was the Jints O stopped?  The 38 yrd line of the Pats?   Always in Pats territory.  Awesome.
    So, if you could, please show me 1 stat that says the D played good or even as good as their regular season 31st rank.  I would be eternally grateful.
    Oh, just to save the effort, 19 pts in a 8 possession game is not great.  It actually equates to 27-35 pts in a 12 possession game with a 50% scoring efficiency.  The Pats were actually more efficient on O as their TD/ Fg % was 2-1. The Jints TD/FG % was 1-2 until that last TD that BB gave them to try and get the lead that was squandered, back. (3 x's in 3 games the O had the lead in the last minutes and lost)  How can that be? 
    Does the O always have to be 3 scores ahead  in the last minutes to win?  Guess so!!!  Dam that O for not.  They did it during the regular season. Right?
    They scored an avg of 32.3 pts and gave up 21.  Oh wait, that was in normal 12 possession games.  Scrap that.
    Too bad it's not always possible or even probable for that matter.

Now that this horse is dead,  certainly looking forward to the games to begin and see what that much improved D is gonna do.  Maybe everyone will be happy with # 4.  One can only hope.