Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots

In Response to Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots:
    [QUOTE]Not every player is going to like BB's management style.  Fans tend to take this all too personally. The reality is that different people have different needs and preferences.  This doesn't mean that players who don't like BB's style are bad people or that BB's style is bad, it just means that BB and some players won't be good matches for each other. I think the challenge for a football coach is that he needs to make so many tough decisions, many of which are difficult on players (trading Seymour at the beginning of the season with no forewarning, for instance, was a pretty brutal move--a good one--but still very tough on the player) and still try to keep morale up. A good coach has a pretty difficult job--balancing tough decisions with making players feel positive about the organization and also trying to manage so many different personalities some of whom respond to different (and maybe incompatible) motivational techniques. Overall, BB does a very good job of this, but not everything is going to work out. As the team starts to struggle, the balancing act is going to get more difficult for BB.  Winning has a way of keeping everyone happy. As the team struggles and rebuilds, BB is going to be challenged and we'll have to see how well he manages the new situation.  There's a danger he'll lose the team, but hopefully he only loses a few players and is able to keep the majority of his workers engaged and ready to play. On Asante--I wish something would have worked out because Asante is a very good if not elite CB--but he and BB had different opinions about his value.  Of course, Asante is going to be upset about that. Thomas may be pissed off because he doesn't feel like BB utilizes him correctly.  These things will happen. I can't get upset at the player--they have legitimate gripes maybe--but the coach has to do what he feels is right for the team and sometimes that's going to be something that's not best for a particular player. Bad feelings are bound to result, but as BB likes to say: it is what it is.  Managing a team is too difficult to keep everyone happy all the time.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Ever hear of a little thing called the salary cap?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots:
    [QUOTE]@qball You and others keep saying it's not the fans money, the billionaire should open the wallet - can't any of you folks see that it is not as simple as that - have you heard of the salary cap? I understand the league has a salary cap, but before Asante left, who was NE paying big money to? Tom Brady Adalius Thomas Thats all I can think of.  You simply can't lavish every player with top of market contracts - what you end up with is 5-8 great players and 40-50 practice squad players......no one wins that way -  has any of you paid attention to what goes with the Redskins? Agreed.  But if you look at this years team it kind of fits that description that you mention above. This team has 5-8 good/great players and the rest are mediocre.  BB does a good job of maximizing the potential of almost all of his players, but you cant replace that with talent and experience.  Asante has both.  He is better than all the DB's that are on this team right now and last years team. If BB & Kraft continue this trend they will lose another key player.  Vince Wilfork.  Here is a guy at the start of the season that has been a professional and lived up to his contract thus far in my opinion and they still havnt paid him.  Do you consider him one of the best NT's in the game?  Well then why not pay him that? I will say it again.  These guys have proven that they can excel in this system, why not pay them?  Instead they go and look for scraps.  I'm not into the whole Peppers thing for this exact reason.  We do not know how he will play in BB system.  I believe Thomas still has alot left in the tank, but he just doesnt fit in this system.  Keep the ones that work that way you dont end up making trades and picking up free agents that never make the team.  Keep your core strong and build around.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

I agree that Samuel is better than the current DB's the Pats have, but he is not good enough to make up for the complete lack of pass rush being generated - Samuel is a risk taker, not a great tackler and would be getting burned deep if he was playing with the Patriots this year

Wilfork is a great nose tackle........but the truth is that the Patriots aren't having big problems stopping the run........if they are going to lavish huge dollars on someone I'd like to see them do it with a guy that is a difference maker against the pass......I am not understating Wilforks importance to bogging up the line to open it up for the rush, but their bigger need right now is against the pass

Lastly, unlike baseball, you very rarely see football players sustain the excellence that warrants them getting these huge contracts.....too often you are paying for past performence that is never truly repeated.......If Tom Brady isn't leaning on the Patriots to be one of the 2-3 highest paid QB's in the league, then I don't see why any other Patriot should

Of course, if Wilforks only goal is to be the highest paid NT, then let him go play for the St Louis Rams or someone like that - BB wants winners on his team, not guys whose main focus is comparing paychecks with other players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Asante who? Oh you mean that guy who cost us the fourth superbowl. I did not know he was still playing. I don't see him in any highlights making plays!!!!! Shut up fool.

Go Pats!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Asante can go *screw and f*ck him for talking bad about the team that took a chance on his *ass and developed him into the player he is today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfxb. Show superfxb's posts

[QUOTE]Y'all crazy...It's not your money that he wanted, he wanted what he earned.  He was and still is one of the top CB's in the NFL.  He wanted market value just like VW wants market value.  We are all complaining about the defense.  We would like to have a playmaker on defense.  Guess what he is a playmaker and playmakers want money. Believe me, if Moss was that young with the Pats he would want to get paid too.  Lets see what happens when Welker wants to get paid.  Because you better believe he isnt taking those hits for nothing. Bottom line, Pats dont pay anyone thats why they are lacking on defense.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, but you cant be mad at the guy for wanting to feel like this organization valued him.  Just a couple of weeks ago he almost had a bad neck injury.  Im sure if anything ever happened to him he would want his family to be taken care of as if he was still here.      

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Maybe Asante is upset because his new name is Asant(Bill Buckner) Samuel

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Y'all crazy...It's not your money that he wanted, he wanted what he earned.  He was and still is one of the top CB's in the NFL.  He wanted market value just like VW wants market value.  We are all complaining about the defense.  We would like to have a playmaker on defense.  Guess what he is a playmaker and playmakers want money. Believe me, if Moss was that young with the Pats he would want to get paid too.  Lets see what happens when Welker wants to get paid.  Because you better believe he isnt taking those hits for nothing. Bottom line, Pats dont pay anyone thats why they are lacking on defense.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, but you cant be mad at the guy for wanting to feel like this organization valued him.  Just a couple of weeks ago he almost had a bad neck injury.  Im sure if anything ever happened to him he would want his family to be taken care of as if he was still here.      
    BUDDY, YOU FLAT OUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.  SAMUEL WAS A GAMBLER WHO LEARNED TO JUMP ROUTES TO PAD HIS STATS FOR THE BIG PAYDAY.  WE MAY BE BAD WITHOUT HIM, BUT WE WERE ALSO BAD WITH HIM.  HIS BLOWN (OR IGNORED) COVERAGE OF DAVID TYREE AND FAILURE TO HIT HIM WHEN HARRISON WAS HOLDING HIM UP COST US ONE MORE CHAMPIONSHIP.  GOOD FRICKING RIDDANCE ASANTE "ME-ME-ME-ME" SAMUEL!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]He is no Ty Law and he never will be.
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots : You believe incorrectly, but it isn't your fault. It was reported as saying "Get Paid" and that has been repeated zillions of times.  The tattoo reads " Get Rich To This " and is a Goodie Mob song he liked in college.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction.  Still goes along the same lines I suppose....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Asante Samuel Applauds Adalius Thomas, Criticized Belichick/Patriots:
    [QUOTE]Samuel said: "I think it's good he [Thomas] spoke up. More up there should. It certainly got to be a place where I didn't want to be. I am happy to be gone. I am happy here. They know how to make you feel wanted and appreciated here, but it's not the way I found it over there.'' http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/14/eagles-samuel-has-heart-in-philly-one-eye-on-former-team/ When it rains, it pours.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Oh shut up Asante.

I mean really, how much stroking do some of these guys need? For cryin' out loud, they are playing in the NFL - something that only a small percentage of men ever get to do.

Ohhhhh....You didn't feel appreciated by BB? Well boo hoo. It was never about YOU Asante. It's about the TEAM, butthead.

Sheesh. Me, me, me...I, I, I.....Unfrigginbelievable. Nobody appreciates anything anymore, I swear. Be happy that you were being paid very well to play FOOTBALL, safe and secure living in the lap of luxury...all of this while many people are going without on a daily basis, and while military men and women are losing their lives fighting in the Middle East....these d*mn prima donna players and their "Whoa is me I'm not appreciated" attitudes really make me want to wretch! Get over yourselves gentlemen and thank your lucky stars for all you've been blessed with in your lives. Whining twits (and that goes for you too A. Thomas)!

*big sigh* Sorry...just had to say that, especially at this time of year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Well said CT, I'm surprised asholeante didn't say he was a "warrior" and that it's war out there on the field. To me there is no dumber statement when the U.S. is involved in two wars.

Sections
Shortcuts