Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots?

Eagles going nowhere, and would be open to trade? Can Bill pull off getting him?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

Re: Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots?

not this year since the trade deadline has already passed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Can he be released so he can sign with another team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots?:
    [QUOTE]Eagles going nowhere, and would be open to trade? Can Bill pull off getting him? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

It's really too early to pronounce that the "Eagles are going nowhere". If they can beat the Cowboys this weekend, they're right back in the thick of things in the NFC East. But, a loss for them could, for all intents and purposes, end their season.

I don't see Asante returning. BB would be crazy to trade for him...unless he's willing to radically restructure his contract.   

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Nice wish but probably not happening for a variety of reasons.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Not interested in Samuel, I think Devin will come back around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'd just as soon move on from Asante but perhaps that's just me.  He gets his share of picks but I don't see him as a 'shutdown' corner by any means and as Rusty points out he doesn't tackle for $hit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Hopefully we get him in time for the super bowl so he can get beat for a touchdown, drop a game winning interception, and give up on a 30 yard completion on third down. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots?:
    [QUOTE]No offense, but a silly thread.  He'll be released at season's end and he'll sign a lesse contract, the highest one he can get, in the open market, probably with a TB or a team near his home in Florida. Samuel doesn't care about winning, he cares about ego.  And money. That ship sailed a long time ago. Never say never, etc, but McCourty plays the left here and Samuel might not even be better than anyone on our right side, leaving him to be a nickel here in the slot. When you see a CB not tackling, not really caring, playing carelessly, that's not really a BB kind of guy.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I think we all know Asante isnt coming back, but why take shots at him? Did he personally tell you that he doesnt like winning? For someone who tries to control the board you sure do make some puzzling comments.  What makes you ASSUME he doesnt like winning?  He obviously has always won because his career has been in N.E. and Philly who have never posted losing records while he was there.  He left N.E. because he could get more money and was still on a winning organization and the Pats havent gone to a SB since he left, so tell me again why he doesnt like winning?  Cause he doesnt like tackling?  SO I guess Deion didnt like winning either?   Gimme a break, think before you write Rusty...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Who needs a center fielder that can't hit?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Isn't there an old saying about not causing a conflagration while using a connective structure to make your way out of town?  Mr. Samuel all but assured that he would never spend another season in Foxboro with the pyrotechnics emanating from his mouth over his last season with the Pats. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm frankly amazed that there are Pats fans who even want him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This evil minion of the dark side has no place on our team, forever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I heard through ther grapevine that Samuel is going on IR.  Apparently, he has a chronic, severe case of Merriweather Syndrome.  It's incurable, too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots? : I think we all know Asante isnt coming back, but why take shots at him? Did he personally tell you that he doesnt like winning? For someone who tries to control the board you sure do make some puzzling comments.  What makes you ASSUME he doesnt like winning?  He obviously has always won because his career has been in N.E. and Philly who have never posted losing records while he was there.  He left N.E. because he could get more money and was still on a winning organization and the Pats havent gone to a SB since he left, so tell me again why he doesnt like winning?  Cause he doesnt like tackling?  SO I guess Deion didnt like winning either?   Gimme a break, think before you write Rusty...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll bite: Why does he deserve derision?

Answer:  Because if you can blame anybody more than any other players for the one loss in the 2007 season, you can blame Samuel.  

He was suppsed to make that play on the Miracle Catch, not Harrison.  Harrsion rushed in to make the play because Samuel was out of position.  

Samuel also dropped what would have been the game-clinching INT on that go-ahead drive of the Giants.  

And Samuel was supposed to help Hobbs multiple times in the game because Hobbs was playing riddled with injuries, including a torn labrum. Yet Samuel was constantly off the reservation. So Hobbs got repeatedly burned, including on the Burris TD to win the game for NY.  

Hobbs was fingered as the goat, but now knowing what we know about all of Hobbs' injuries, and seeing how Samuel abandoned his responsibilites, why on Earth would we want such a selfish, uncoachable player for the Pats?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Chris the statement i made was about knowing or not knowing if someone wants to win.

When did Samuels play saftey for us?  You are talking about Hobbs being on an island , blame that idiot Pee's for calling an all out blitz from the 10 yard line, but what are you talking about? Samuels was not supposed to be helping Hobbs,(what defense would that be)  Samuels is a CB responsible for covering one guy and if you wanna say he lost track of Tyree after Manning was all but sacked, ok, I'll give you that anyway but you would really call that the reason we lost???  the defense held N.Y. to its yearly average of 17 points.  The offense that averaged 31 on the year only put up 14.  I will never blame the defense for that.

Fact is all Samuels did wrong is get a tattoo that said "get rich to this"( a song title from Goodie Mob w/subliminal meaning"  which most of you have no clue at to its meaning and went overboard w/money hungry accusations when everyone here would take the money they could get if in the same situation.

Ty Law was already a millionare when he talked about not being able to feed his kids and we welcomed him back because he was popular and B.B. let him come and make 10 mill that year and we said nothing cuz in Bill we trust right />

You guys sound ridiculous. Judging someone for wanting to maximize his career which mostly everyone does outside of Immortal players like Tedy Bruschi who didnt have agents.

Rusty, as for you, I wont waste as much time responding to you because you already know you are wrong....you proved as much by going off topic about a thread last week. What does Kraft have to do w/anything now, and did you actually prove me wrong after you spoke w/Kraft....ummm no, so I may not be right on it, but im not wrong, cuz we dont KNOW

But you know that Asante doesnt like winning right....lmao

Fraudulent!!!

Like I said, get a clue....the tatto didnt even say "get rich" and if you are gonna hate a guy after dropping a pick how are you a Brady fan?  He came up short in SB 42, not the defense.. You should know this...you defend this defense all the time...and they are worse than what we had in 07'.....lmao!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Once again you start with this off topic stuff about rationale comments and challenging people???  did you go to school for backpedaling??

Why would I go by your quote. the tattoo sais "get rich to this" not get paid.  Do you homework.

Im not pining for anyone nor do I miss Asante, but for you to make comments like "he doesnt like winning" you could atleast tell me why intead of jumping around like a rabbit on different topics to distract from the topic at hand...lol

No, you wanna make up stuff. I made one comment about Kraft and you thought I got hacked, because its hard for you to believe that anyone could know things outside of football, but it happens. There is life outside of B.B.'s a rse.

So now after seeing a different side from me once last week you say "you always do this" do what?!?!  Make sense and expose you so you get mad at me...lol

When you get that answer , I'll be here, but im not gonna go back and forth so you can keep changing the subject.  How do you know Asante doesnt like winning?

Because he accepted more money to play for the Eagles?  Are the Pats the only team that wins?  Have they been to the SB every year?  Are the Eagles banned from the playoffs?  Please explain your original statement or Shut it!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

What does Philly dealing Asante have to do with you thinking he wanted to spike his picks? Do you even listen to the c rap that you write?

Most teams sign big money players with the back end loaded w/money so they can release them late in the contract, its called shrewd business and why i dont blame Asante for going.  This is nothing new. Got anything else you wanna throw against the wall to see if it sticks?  Think hard this time...lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I'm frankly amazed that there are Pats fans who even want him.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I guess it'd depend on why. If there was a chance that Samuel (or any other player) that could immediately have a positive impact on our secondary - then why not add a piece of the puzzle that might help us in the playoffs and potentially a SB run this year?

I'm still waiting for the game where when we need to attack the QB on a regular basis to get our defense off the field, getting our offense back on the field in those close-game situations...like last game.

I think fans just want to know we can cover up our secondary weakness with a pass rush that can be relied on (without question). If/when haynesworth gets back in game shape AND gits it....  Laughing

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Rusty I haven't watched the Eagles play very much since Samuel was signed but Football Outsiders ranked him pretty highly last year so he is far from washed up (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/16833/asante-samuel).  I also think it's safer to say that he cared more about money than winning as opposed to not caring about winning.  Philly was a perennial playoff team when he signed.

JayShizzle I don't necessarily disagree with you about Samuel and I know it's off topic, but saying that we can't prove you are wrong about Kraft being a freemason or whatever is a bit shallow.  The burden of proof is on you to support what I would consider to be pretty outlandish claims.  I mean I can't prove definitively that aliens didn't come to Earth thousands of years ago and take a huge dump that spawned the human race, but there is literally no evidence to support such a claim.

Sections
Shortcuts