Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots?

In Response to Re: Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots?:
    If Samuel is so good then why did the Iggles bring in 2 guys at his position? I've watched a lot of the eagles games. I have the NFL package and Samuel's only claim to fame is jumping routes, and he gets burnt plenty. I've seen him get drug down the field when he actually trys to tackle. He avoids contact as much as Deion sanders does. Reid knows he made a mistake signing him, thats why he's trying to save face getting something for him in a trade. I hope he never sports a Flying Elvis ever again. No matter what anyone says I believe its his fault that the perfect season was lost.
    Posted by Philskiw1

Anybody with a whit of understanding about Asante knows he was nothing more than a ballhawk. His last year with the Pats his DPR was higher than Hobbs. Basically, he was about the same as Hobbs but could jump routes better. And he absolutely blew the whole season for the team in '07 by flubbing Eli's gift wrapped interception that would have sealed the greatest season in NFL history. The man is an imbecile and a world class choker. Reid should have checked in with me and I would have told him how vastly overrated this loser was.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

What do Asante Samuel and Oral Roberts have in common? they can both get 100,000 people to al jump to their feet and holler "Jesus Christ!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots? : He jumped because he couldn't back up - the sideline was close. The ball is coming down! It hit him on both hands. He blew it. Another view. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36wgL4VLHM&feature=related
    Posted by BabeParilli

Just as I had remembered it - he made a half-hatted jump for it. I think most of us in our 20s could have caught that ball.  I could not believe it at the time.  It was the missed play of the season for the Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

What do Asante Samuel and Oral Roberts have in common? they can both get 100,000 people to al jump to their feet and holler "Jesus Christ!"
    Posted by Philskiw1

Amen!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

"And he absolutely blew the whole season for the team in '07 by flubbing Eli's gift wrapped interception that would have sealed the greatest season in NFL history" Yeah, if you'd given him a bushel basket to catch the ball in and a rocket so he could fly so he'd land in bounds.
    Posted by dmpc

He jumped about 9" vertically.  Lackluster.  Deserves the rap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

BTW, there's only one m in coming.

How many in comprehend? You sound strangely like Patsfan1966.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

ha ha you are her! Did you get banned again?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In Response to Re: Asante Samuel comming back to Patriots? : If it hits you in both hands and you don't catch it, what do you call it? I call it choking away the greatest season in NFL history.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Agree with Babe on this .... just thinking about this non-play makes me uneasy. DBs practice this type of play every day of practice. Besides that, Eli was protected with at least 2 holding calls on the TD helmut play which Asante blew coverage. Green was 'pulled away' from grabbing Eli, not blocked.

I vote NO on Asante return.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

"And he absolutely blew the whole season for the team in '07 by flubbing Eli's gift wrapped interception that would have sealed the greatest season in NFL history" Yeah, if you'd given him a bushel basket to catch the ball in and a rocket so he could fly so he'd land in bounds.
    Posted by dmpc

Spare us the idiocy. If you can't see he landed in bounds after coming down and had both hands on the ball you're beyond help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Its convenient for Babe and all Asante haters to say he ruined the season. Even got guitar Woody saying he would have made the catch...lol

The ball was high and hard and he could have made the catch but it wasnt a routine play. It was also not the sole reason they lost.  Bad playcalling from pee's on the last play....inept offense that scored a measly 14 points compared to averaging 31 on their crusade of disrespect.

Babe keeps hammering Asante cuz he wont admit that Tom and the offense came up short.

That defense was on its last leg with guys like R.Gay playing alot w/one arm. Ellis with a groin./shoulder problem...etc.

and the offense was healthy outisde of toms bad foot.

Spare me the hate...

Riddle me this....IF Asante is so bad, were you cheering him on when he was intercepting all those balls.  If he catches the INT and we make the perfect season, THEN would you want him resigned?  WOuldnt he still be the same bad tackler??

So Realize how d umb you sound.  Most people are just mad that he left, and that can only mean you liked him, so you use his drop pass as a scape goat...when in reality the offense failed....

Acggbill said all he cared about his money first then playing...but he actually finished his contract...He was up for a new one and found more eslewhere. How is that shooting your way out??  Noone here on this board likes money?  Thats what your beef is? Asante likes money....WHat an Idiot he is,,,,,lol

If he makes the INT, you all want him here right?  what a joke!

stop taking things personal....guys gotta make a living..
    If you were in the position to cash in you would do the same or you are fools

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Dont' want him back. Terrible tackler and not physical enough for me at the position. Not worth the money for what we would get.

Regarding that flubbed interception in the SB....It looked like he didn't time his jump well, or maybe he just couldn't jump high enough to make the catch. Sure it hit him in the hands, but it was clearly too high for him to get his full hand on it. IF he would have timed his jump better, I'm sure he would have stayed inbounds and the rest would be history.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamchampy. Show iamchampy's posts

He's coming back. So is Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy. The Pats secondary is going to be sick!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Highly doubt we see Samuels in a Pats uni anytime again.  They did not part ways very well, and he had a lot to criticize about this team when he left.

But the Bodden move is an odd one...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I liked Samuel, I think he's an above average CB and better than several guys who we've seen in the secondary the last couple years but I don't know if I want him back. If the games on the line, and he's back there- well, we've seen how that story goes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Its convenient for Babe and all Asante haters to say he ruined the season. Even got guitar Woody saying he would have made the catch...lol The ball was high and hard and he could have made the catch but it wasnt a routine play. It was also not the sole reason they lost.  Bad playcalling from pee's on the last play....inept offense that scored a measly 14 points compared to averaging 31 on their crusade of disrespect. Babe keeps hammering Asante cuz he wont admit that Tom and the offense came up short. That defense was on its last leg with guys like R.Gay playing alot w/one arm. Ellis with a groin./shoulder problem...etc. and the offense was healthy outisde of toms bad foot. Spare me the hate... Riddle me this....IF Asante is so bad, were you cheering him on when he was intercepting all those balls.  If he catches the INT and we make the perfect season, THEN would you want him resigned?  WOuldnt he still be the same bad tackler?? So Realize how d umb you sound.  Most people are just mad that he left, and that can only mean you liked him, so you use his drop pass as a scape goat...when in reality the offense failed.... Acggbill said all he cared about his money first then playing...but he actually finished his contract...He was up for a new one and found more eslewhere. How is that shooting your way out??  Noone here on this board likes money?  Thats what your beef is? Asante likes money....WHat an Idiot he is,,,,,lol If he makes the INT, you all want him here right?  what a joke! stop taking things personal....guys gotta make a living.. If you were in the position to cash in you would do the same or you are fools
    Posted by JayShizzle45

If Asante made the INT I would still not have wanted him signed for 56 mil, but I wouldn't loathe his existence.

Bottom line: The offense scored the go ahead TD with little time left. Asante dropped the Lombardi Trophy. The rest is spin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

How is it spin?

The offense s ucked all game and then got it together for 3 minutes...and the defense played lights out holding them to 10 points in 57 minutes and only gave up the score due to a bad play call.

So the offense doesnt show up for 57 out of 60 minutes and just because they scored in the end, all is forgiven, but the defense is to blame when they held to the same amount of points.? they did their job, what they had been doing all year and the offense didnt.

I think you are the one spinning, but lets dead it, you have your opinion and I dont want to change that. I know what happened.

That ball was meant to be thrown away and you think its routine for a cb to intercept a ball heading out of bounds??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If Eagles lose to Cowboys this weekend, Asante will be released!

Sections
Shortcuts