Asante to the Falcons... Hahahahaha!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Asante to the Falcons... Hahahahaha!!

Looks like that's where he will be going.  Sad for him, he will never make it to the SB there.  I don't care who the Falcons get, they will never, ever win a SB with Matty Ice.  I don't care what Matt Ryan does during the regular season, the Falcons flop in the post season and Matt Ryan is the biggest flopper of all the Falcons.  Have fun in Atlanta Asante!

He probably could have been back with the Patriots and a real QB had he had some class and left on good terms.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Asante to the Falcons... Hahahahaha!!

hahaha

yeah good point

asante would certainly rather be paid those crazy 10 and 11 million per sums the next 2 years and not win a SB, then be cut and resign somewhere for like 5-6 million a year... and win a SB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I hear its for a late round pick. Shows how little value Asante has. He is a me first player. Glad we let him go!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

This is from ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7853300/atlanta-falcons-acquire-asante-samuel-philadelphia-eagles-sources-say

As part of the deal, Samuel restructured his contract, agreeing to a three-year, $18.5 million contract with the Falcons. Samuels' contract with the Eagles had called for him to earn $9.9 million in 2012 and $11.4 million in 2013.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This a solid deal for Atlanta... I know a team that could use his ball hawk ability.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Asante to the Falcons... Hahahahaha!!:
    [QUOTE]This a solid deal for Atlanta... I know a team that could use his ball hawk ability.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Falcons need help to defense Drew Brees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]hahaha yeah good point asante would certainly rather be paid those crazy 10 and 11 million per sums the next 2 years and not win a SB, then be cut and resign somewhere for like 5-6 million a year... and win a SB
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Can you really blame him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

He took a pay cut, he's not just about the money. He was traded, so its not like he chose ATL

I think Ryan is perfectly capable of taking his team to the Super Bowl. Rex Grossman did. He needs to be a play better, but I'd say Atlanta will be a contender.

And people who knock him for leaving NE for the money... NFL players have a small window to maximize their income. 10 years is a long time for most NFL players...after that, a lot of their future is in question. 

Guy is still a very good cb, he loves playing the game, took a paycut to be with the Falcons...good deal for both sides

Wouldve liked the Pats to make a pursuit on him...too bad we invested our late round picks in haynesworth and ocho

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

[QUOTE]The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the Falcons have agreed to terms with CB Asante Samuel on a three-year, $18.5 million contract. The trade is all but complete. Samuel's old deal had $21.3 million over two years remaining in base salary alone, so he's accepting a sizable pay cut from that contract. The Philly Inquirer confirms the Eagles will "likely" receive a sixth-round pick in exchange, while also unloading a heavy dose of cap space.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

I think Samuel's old deal for $21.3 million over two years would only have happened if the Eagles decided to pick up those two years - which wasn't going to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Atlanta gets help in the secondary + Samuel gets paid = win-win.

I'm thinking that if this trade (or one like it) doesn't happen the Eagles cut Samuel loose. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Atlanta gets help in the secondary + Samuel gets paid = win-win. I'm thinking that if this trade (or one like it) doesn't happen the Eagles cut Samuel loose. 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Philly was going to release him. But, they traded him to Atlanta for a 7th round pick:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/eagles-got-a-seventh-round-pick-for-asante-samuel/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]he's 31 years old and was due $21 mill over the nex 2 seasons from the contract he had with Philly.. that is why philly could only ask for a late round pick in return. i don't know an NFL player who isn't a "me first" player. sure, you may hear guys talk about team first, but those are usually the guys who already got paid. Atl will have him for 3 years at about $6 per year. great deal for ATL at only a later round pick.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

Horse sht, he was resturucturing  either way so what does his contract have to do with it?????

We had a player who wore the number 54. His name was Tedy Bruschi. He fired his agent and structured his own contract and was paid every penny of it. He was "Team First" If you don't know what I meant by "me first"(and I suspect you do) then you can't be helped.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

he's still get paid some good dough, has 2 SB rings..... I think most players with the same hardware would take the money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

A true dirty bird

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Rings are bonus when you are younger. He already got them. No need to ring chase anymore.  Now it's a paper chase to whoever wants him. I'm not sure how you would laugh at him for it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LMAO at everyone saying he has 2 rings already, no need to go after more.  Take the money and run! 

WHAT??

I'm pretty sure people like TFB, Jordan, Kobe all feel the same way too.  What does more rings matter anyways. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Falcons choke in big games.  Horrible play calling by coaches, Ryan wilts under pressure, this team can't and won't take the next big step.  Mike Smith has not been able to get that team to perform in big games or the playoffs.    It would be so frustrating to be a Falcon fan knowing these things.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You guys can be so petty about former players. So childish.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]You guys can be so petty about former players. So childish.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Look everyone! A guy who has to come to an opponent's website to get his jollies is lecturing about maturity.