Asdrubal Cabrera

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Asdrubal Cabrera

Won't be the SS in Boston next year.  I posed this question to Buster Olney today on his chat, below is his response.  Too bad, he's the guy I was hoping they'd make a play for to be the long term solution.  I'm OK with one more year of Gonzo, but he's not their long term guy.

Hi Buster,Do you see any scenario in which Cleveland is willing to trade Asdrubal Cabrera? I feel he would be a great fit for Boston if they choose not to purse Gonzo. He is by all accounts a good defensive player with some versatility (SS/2B). He also appears to be at least above average offensively with doubles power and some speed on the bases. He's young and cheap so it would probably take a top level prospect or two, but I believe Boston has the chips.Your thoughts?

Buster Olney
      (1:34 PM)

No, Cleveland will keep Cabrera. Wrote a short thing about him today; Mark Shapiro is thrilled with his development.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Asdrubal Cabrera

In Response to Asdrubal Cabrera:
    [QUOTE]Won't be the SS in Boston next year.  I posed this question to Buster Olney today on his chat, below is his response.  Too bad, he's the guy I was hoping they'd make a play for to be the long term solution.  I'm OK with one more year of Gonzo, but he's not their long term guy. Hi Buster,Do you see any scenario in which Cleveland is willing to trade Asdrubal Cabrera? I feel he would be a great fit for Boston if they choose not to purse Gonzo. He is by all accounts a good defensive player with some versatility (SS/2B). He also appears to be at least above average offensively with doubles power and some speed on the bases. He's young and cheap so it would probably take a top level prospect or two, but I believe Boston has the chips.Your thoughts? Buster Olney   (1:34 PM) No, Cleveland will keep Cabrera. Wrote a short thing about him today; Mark Shapiro is thrilled with his development.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Oops, wrong board.  Anyone know how to delete the original post?