Asomugha: Class act

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Asomugha: Class act

Another article highlighting his high-character off-field work:

If there's no salary cap next year, I'd love to see the Pats acquire him.  If he didn't take up 10-12% of the cap by himself, I think he might have already changed teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Asomugha: Class act

Great story. I, too, would love to see him on the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Asomugha: Class act:
    PLus, he's better than Revis. 
    Posted by russgriswold

Better person, not as good of a CB IMHO.  But some would disagree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Asomugha: Class act : Better person, not as good of a CB IMHO.  But some would disagree.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Asomugha is a better CB than Reevis. Reevis had a great year, Nnamdi has been doing it his entire career. 

Even if he wanted to be a Patriot, the chances of him getting the call is slim to none. We have good prospects in Butler and McCourty, they need chances to grow. The Pats secondary, barring injuries, won't change much for years to come. The OLBs are the big questions. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Asomugha: Class act : So, Aso has had a better career. Revis, however, was better last year.  And as a DB, that's all you really have.  So, would you say Thomas Jones is better than Chris Johnson, using your same stupid argument?  TJ's been doing it his whole career or at least the lst 5 or 6 years.
    Posted by PatStats

You could argue that Asomugha was still better last year.  The problem is that in Oakland quarterbacks can simply throw the ball elsewhere.  Also, Oakland lacks the QB pressure scheme that the Jets have in order to force quarterbacks to throw the ball sooner.

In 979 snaps, Asomugha only gave up 21 receptions for 246 yards.  Meanwhile, in 1008 snaps, your boy Revis gave up 41 receptions for 425 yards.
    -->  The numbers clearly show that QB's simply avoided throwing in Asomugha's direction.

And Charles Woodson was a better corner last year than either player.  Hence, his peers and the writers voted him Defensive Player of the Year.  He gave up more yards and more yards per catch, but he also had 3 more interceptions, 4 more forced fumbles, and 22 more tackles, a much better ALL AROUND year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Asomugha: Class act : Sounds like you are blaming Revis for being on a better D than Aso.  Revis led the league in passes defended.  Is that because more people threw his way?  Certainly the clown on the other side of NYs D was no prize, seeing he was cut lose. All three are way better than anyone we have.  All three are elite and trying to pick and choose between them is pointless. I'd take any of them. 
    Posted by PatStats

I'm not "blaming" Revis for anything.  I'm merely pointing out that he gave up twice as many yards and receptions as Asomugha.

A couple of questions:
    (1) How would Asomugha perform under brighter lights
    (2) Can Revis put together two or three solid, top-flight years in a row?

I'd still take Asomugha, though.  All things made equal, I want the guy helping Nigerian children get an education and taking underprivileged kids on field trips.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

As opposed to a guy who walks off the practice field early so he can "Protest" his contract situation. Nhamdi = better corner, better person.