Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit

This is a while ago now, but look at ASSante's (you know the guy who lost Super Bowl 42) reaction to the Collie hit. The dude is frozen on the ground with his arms stuck up in the air and surrounded by trainers and ASSante is jumping around complaining about the call. It probably was a bad call but that is extremely inappropriate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbIZCfZwzHU&feature=player_embedded

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Re: Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit

I'd say his reaction was appropriate..

How can you get a unnceessary roughness call for hitting a receiver as he's trying to catch the ball?   That is only supposed ot be called if the receiver has already missed/dropped the ball and then a cornerback/linebacker whacks him.   There was absolutely no foul on that play.

As a matter of fact, teams oughta start airing that play in the stadium everytime they play the Colts to emphasize how the league makes consistent bad calls in favor of the Colts (especially their passing game).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

"As a matter of fact, teams oughta start airing that play in the stadium everytime they play the Colts to emphasize how the league makes consistent bad calls in favor of the Colts (especially their passing game)."

You are a Stupideeediot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I see you wear your board name well stupideeediot.  Regardless of the call, Collie was "out" and frozen and Samuel is prancing around like rudolph being left out of reindeer games. 

Surprisingly, when one of his own players was knocked out this week - and I noted it here when it happened - he was awfully solemn.  The guy's a heck of a football player, but a punk as a human being.  Appears you are a punk, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit:
    [QUOTE]I'd say his reaction was appropriate.. How can you get a unnceessary roughness call for hitting a receiver as he's trying to catch the ball?   That is only supposed ot be called if the receiver has already missed/dropped the ball and then a cornerback/linebacker whacks him.   There was absolutely no foul on that play. As a matter of fact, teams oughta start airing that play in the stadium everytime they play the Colts to emphasize how the league makes consistent bad calls in favor of the Colts (especially their passing game).
    Posted by Stupideeediot[/QUOTE]

Samuel's reaction aside, did you read the convoluted explanation as to why the officials called unnecessary roughness on that play? Essentially, it boiled down to the fact that, because the hit jarred the ball loose and it was an incomplete pass AFTER THE HIT, the receiver then becomes defenseless because the pass is incomplete, and the hit that made the pass incomplete is now unnecessary roughness.

Simply beyond retarded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit : Samuel's reaction aside, did you read the convoluted explanation as to why the officials called unnecessary roughness on that play? Essentially, it boiled down to the fact that, because the hit jarred the ball loose and it was an incomplete pass AFTER THE HIT , the receiver then becomes defenseless because the pass is incomplete, and the hit that made the pass incomplete is now unnecessary roughness. Simply beyond retarded.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

That was kinda my point. I love that people criticized me then cited Samuel's reaction as the cause of the penalty.  The ref called unnecessary roughness on a defenseless receiver when a DB was trying to break up a pass that the WR still had a chance to catch.   Are the DB's supposed to give up and let the guy catch the ball?  The guy was still actively trying to catch the ball.

As far as Samuel's reaction.... they made a good play.  IF 3 LB's nailed a running back for no gain we'd all be complimenting them on their 'toughness'. Samuels makes a good play and celebrates and people are on his case cause he's a DB. 

The REAL reaction I was referring to was his one to the penalty being called and he was completely entitled to be PO'd at that .  IT was an uncalled for penalty.  The guy got hurt and that's sad... but that doesn't mean the officials have to call a penalty in response.  Sometimes people just get hurt on clean plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

As far as my tag .... if you'll notice the avatar it's a play on Ren and Stimpy.  I feel really bad for you if you either can't get that or have so little brainpower that the best comeback you can make is calling me stupid or an idiot.   

I like intellectual conversations with evidence and and a point ... if all you're capable of is calling people names please feel free to go to the Nickelodeon or Disney  bulletin boards and argue about Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers or something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I agree -- and the league later agreed, as well -- that it was a perfectly clean play. What I honestly believe is that the call was just another in a long line of free gifts handed out weekly to the Indianapolis Colts -- something Asante Samuel certianly would have seen his fair share of -- and he was justifiably reacting to THAT. It had nothing to do with "woofing" while another player was obviously hurt on the turf. He was pissed because he saw the officials, once again, doing their level best to hand the game to the Colts, free of charge. I've got no great love for Asante Samuel, after his role in the debacle against Blue New Jersey, but I don't blame him a bit for this.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]How was losing the Super Bowl Samuels' "fault"????
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    "his awful fourth quarter against the Giants helped cost the Patriots what would have been a Super Bowl title"

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/asante-samuel-says-belichick-had-a-grudge-against-him/

Edit: scroll down to the video.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Two players lost the superbowl Asante because he couldn't hold on to the interception and AD because he couldn't hold on to Manning

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

First RE: Asante's Superbowl whiff- By the first view in that video Asante certainly looks to have good footwork when still being able to plant the front tips of BOTH feet, even after the ball bounces off the inner portions of his fingertips from his not fully extended arms...  3 feet, yup...jesus.

Moving on now to the Austin Collie hit:  In Asante's TOTAL Defense here, I TOO, would be pretty ticked off if it was me who made a pretty hard and completely legal hit and it was called a penalty...AND, If I'm Asante, I'm even EXTRA p#ssed, because I'm thinkin', "Please Zebras...I either do a slide in at the end, or give a half-hearted duck-and-swipe tackle, for what-perhaps 2, maybe 3 plays per game...? C'MON Man-I actually put an actual real-life HIT on another player; Khrist, I don't think I've done that enough in like my Entire NFL career to count the number on all the fingertips in my Superbowl-sealing-whiff 1 hand...and you fellas give me a penalty?! Sheez...".     

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit : You must have seen a different game than I did.  I remember a game where the Giants got four timeouts on their last drive and the clock should have run out before Smith caught that 12 yard pass for a first down. Didn't see any of you complaining about his two picks in the Philly game that year.

That's not fair, because believe me, even when Asante was on this team I complained about him bein' a pu##y...  Reason why I respect CBs like Revis & was all-about McCourty PRE-Draft (I've mentioned this perhaps 42, maybe 43 X)...these guys are TRUE CBs...not simply guys who jump routes lookin' for the big INT and don't feel the need to get their jerseys dirty...ever.  Revis & McCourty=CBs with a TOTAL game.  I ahh, yea-this really has nothing to do about what you just asked me...but, whatever. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit : I have the game on DVD.  The ball was at least two feet over his head.  It's debatable if he could have caught it in bounds.

Agreed! I'm tired of hearing Samuel getting blamed for "dropping" an interception, that he really had no realistic chance of catching. 

The Pats played their worst game of the season in that SB loss. I've always felt that the despicable "spygate II" BS brought up by Arlen Specter and the NY media, on the eve of the big game, was a deliberate attempt to distract the Pats from the task at hand. Unfortunately, the media conspiracy succeeded...as neither the Patriots' coaches or players were on their game. 

No one person or player is to blame. It was a team loss. The OL stunk, the "D" couldn't stop the Giants from going 83 yards in the final two minutes...and the coaches failed to make the necessary adjustments, on both sides of the ball. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Samuel aside...in regards to Austin Collie, that man had no business being on the field after the head injury he received in Philly...and, it showed. The Colts rushed him back. He won't play this weekend against the Chargers.

Don't think that the Colts rushed Collie back? Read this gibberish, and the decide: 

Austin Collie out for Chargers-Colts

November, 23, 2010
    Nov 23
    6:26
    PM ET  

The Colts just issued their weekly Tuesday injury update:
    "Defensive back Bob Sanders (biceps) and wide receiver Austin Collie will be out this week against San Diego. Collie will be held out as a precautionary measure. After being cleared medically to participate at New England, he encountered symptoms from his previous injury at Philadelphia (concussion)

RESPONSE: What??? Let's see...he was cleared medically to play against the Pats, yet he encountered symptoms from his previous injury in Philly (during the Pats' game?? I guess so, since he was pulled after getting hit). How could the doctors who allegedly medically cleared him not know that he was still dealing with symptoms of the concussion he suffered in Philly?

, though there was no recurrence at New England.

RESPONSE: What a croc!! Then why did Collie appear to be out on his feet after getting hit...and had to leave the game?

Running back Joseph Addai will progress to practice this week for conditioning purposes. Addai will participate in non-contact drills only, and a timetable for a full return to action is uncertain. The club has placed defensive back Chip Vaughn (ankle) on injured reserve, and defensive back Al Afalava has been signed as a free agent."

And they say the Pats are clandestine over injuries. We all know that the sainted Indianapolis Colts would never risk a players' health...LOL!!!  

Here's more medical gibberish on Collie: http://www.fox59.com/sports/isn-112310-collie-out,0,5008164.story   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's more on Collie...in this article, it's claimed that Collie did indeed suffer a 2nd concussion: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/523316-nfl-week-11-news-fantasy-injury-stats-and-around-the-league-updates/entry/30570-austin-collie-injury-colts-wr-collie-leaves-patriots-game-with-2nd-concussion

This contradicts the above cited article in which the Colts claim that Collie did not suffer a second concussion during the Pats' game: http://www.fox59.com/sports/isn-112310-collie-out,0,5008164.story

Clearly, there's too much ambiguity over Collie's condition being put out by the Colts. The "circumstantial evidence" seems to clearly indicate that Collie was rushed back, before he was ready to play. Whether the Colts' medical staff screwed up...or whether they felt pressured to give a favorable medical report to management and/or the coaches, remains an open question. 

If the league really cares about it's players and, specifically, protecting them from the long term ravishes of concussions...an investigation should be launched regarding this matter.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit:
    [QUOTE]This is a while ago now, but look at ASSante's (you know the guy who lost Super Bowl 42) reaction to the Collie hit. The dude is frozen on the ground with his arms stuck up in the air and surrounded by trainers and ASSante is jumping around complaining about the call. It probably was a bad call but that is extremely inappropriate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbIZCfZwzHU&feature=player_embedded
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]
    The Pats lost the SB. He had a better chance at an INT if he were 7' tall.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say his reaction was appropriate.. How can you get a unnceessary roughness call for hitting a receiver as he's trying to catch the ball?   That is only supposed ot be called if the receiver has already missed/dropped the ball and then a cornerback/linebacker whacks him.   There was absolutely no foul on that play. As a matter of fact, teams oughta start airing that play in the stadium everytime they play the Colts to emphasize how the league makes consistent bad calls in favor of the Colts (especially their passing game).
    Posted by Stupideeediot[/QUOTE]
    How many penalties did the homer Pats have against the Colts last week? No one plays that perfect.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I thought medical clearance was to be determined by doctors not affiliated with the teams in cases of concussion. That was why the Steelers were trying to pretend Hines Ward had a "neck injury."

Face it . . .   the teams don't care. Suit 'em up and run 'em out there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I thought medical clearance was to be determined by doctors not affiliated with the teams in cases of concussion. That was why the Steelers were trying to pretend Hines Ward had a "neck injury." Face it . . .   the teams don't care. Suit 'em up and run 'em out there.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Evidently. Collie looked punch-drunk out there. Why the conflicting reports on whether Collie suffered a second concussion, as indicaated by the articles cited, above?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think what's happening, Tex -- as we saw in the Steelers game with Hines Ward -- is that team doctors are hedging their bets in identifying injuries as concussions now, because of the rules which take the diagnoses out of their hands once that assessment is made. Once again, the league is doing something right in order to protect the players from injury, and the teams are trying to find ways to circumvent it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paula-duffy/new-nfl-rule-changes-hit_b_510207.html

During the middle of the season, the NFL instituted the following changes: return-to-play decisions made by independent neurologists; resignation of NFL concussion committee co-chairmen (Ira Casson and David Viano); concussion awareness public service announcements; suspension of the NFL concussion committee's work; and the www.nytimes.com/2009/12/21/sports/football/21concussions.html" target="_hplink">NFL's watershed concession that "[multiple] concussions can lead to long-term problems[.]"