Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit

In Response to Re: Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit:
    [QUOTE]As far as my tag .... if you'll notice the avatar it's a play on Ren and Stimpy.  I feel really bad for you if you either can't get that or have so little brainpower that the best comeback you can make is calling me stupid or an idiot.    I like intellectual conversations with evidence and and a point ... if all you're capable of is calling people names please feel free to go to the Nickelodeon or Disney  bulletin boards and argue about Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers or something.
    Posted by Stupideeediot[/QUOTE]

Who in the hell are Ren and Stimpy?  Ironic that you talk about wishing to have intellectual conversations, and slam those you consider incapable of them by referring them to the very networks that likely provided YOU the content for your cartoon avatar and board name.

Further, how in the world would you expect anyone to consider you intellectual when it is clear that you so easily let your fandom get the best of you.  Your words:  "As a matter of fact, teams oughta start airing that play in the stadium everytime they play the Colts to emphasize how the league makes consistent bad calls in favor of the Colts (especially their passing game)."  How insensitive is that? 

Finally, Samuel was not even involved in the play.  He was playing "man" on an outside receiver.  He started complaining within 5 seconds of the hit.  Then, more than a minute later Samuel prances angrily within a foot of Collie's injured head and the medical staff attending to him in TOTAL DISREGARD of the situation.  Incorrect call or not this dude needs to check himself. 

And because you seem unwilling to get this yourself ("As far as Samuel's reaction....Samuels makes a good play and celebrates and people are on his case cause he's a DB." - your words), you need to as well.  You don't even have the details of the event correct.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I see your negative spin here TP, so I have to respond. 

Mayo Clinic defines diagnosis of concussion by doing a neurological exam checking, memory, concentration, hearing, balance, coordination, reflexes.  Further there is the question of recurring headaches. 

If Collie passes those tests and all others required and says he hasn't had a headaches, etc., then why wouldn't he be cleared to play?  As you know there are many players that are willing to "mask/deny" symptoms in order to get themselves back on the field.  Collie seems to me like that kind of a guy.  And we don't even know if this is correct.  The fact is Collie may actually have been in good shape to play.  He took some good hits on his catches, which may have retriggered the symptoms. 

The point of this is that you are making a claim ("the circumstantial evidence seems to clearly indicate that Collie was rushed back before he was ready to play") that you have zero ability to substantiate. 

Collie's not out there saying the colts made me play with an injury.  didn't a patriot once claim this about Belichick?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"You must have seen a different game than I did.  I remember a game where the Giants got four timeouts on their last drive and the clock should have run out before Smith caught that 12 yard pass for a first down.
    Didn't see any of you complaining about his two picks in the Philly game that year
    ."

"When has Reeves ever tackled a RB in the backfield?????
    He's just another Dion Saunders
    ."

I think now, I just maybe might be watching a different sport...but dat's cool.  Anyway, here's Revis's First 3 Complete years in the NFL in Combined Tackles (2007, 2008, 2009):  87, 58, & 54, consecutively.  Now, I won't even count Asante's (or figure out) first 2 years in the League, because even though he was in nearly each and every game of those 2 seasons, Asante didn't start most of them.  Also now, I believe in 3 of these years, Asante missed 1 game in each 1 of those 3 years...Yet, not only does this NOT equate to the Total Tackle Difference between the two players (IF I actually handed Asante some tackles), BUT I ain't dockin' Revis because he decides to suit up hobbling on an ankle or with a cast wrap on 1 arm, while Asante sits out a game with turf toe.  Anyway, here's Asante's complete years in Combined Tackles (starting after 2003 & 2004. So: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, & 2009): 54, 64, 44, 35, & 40... 

Asante's BEST year at TT's is roughly Revis's worst year.  Asante's best year in Combined Tackles and total stats is64TTs, 14 PDs, and 10 INTsRevis's best year in Combined Tackles and total stats is87TTs, 17 PDs, and 3 INTsAsante's worst year in Combined Tackles and total stats is35TTs, 22 PDs, and 4 INTsRevis's worst year in Combined Tackles and then total stats is54TTs, 31 PDs, and 6 INTs
         This leads me to conclude 2 simple things
         #1- With Darelle Revis the drop-off between being equally good at tackling and overall run-support Vs. defending the passed ball, IS a far less significant drop-off between him and Asante Samuel...Darrelle Revis=More Rounded and Complete Defensive game than Asante Samuel has. 
         #2- How they go about playing the game on Defense...
    Darrelle Revis plays #1) Defending against the passed ball (a, PD-thus, simply breaking up a pass play); Then #2) Helping out on the Defensive Side in Tackling and/or Run-support (Number of TTs); Then #3) Trying to make that pick-off (INT). 
    Asante, on the other hand, Wants #1) And Interception; #2) To defend against the pass (PD); Then #3) Overall help on the defensive side with tackling...Again, the last 2 under Asante with significantly greater drop-off rates in stats than Revis has.  

~BIG Difference...  And don't gimme: Different schemes, Different years, etc..  Asante has played and underproduced here on 2 sepperate entirely different teams with differing schemes, and I've looked in the past threads RE: NE's other starting CBs through the years=GREAT majority being, Far better than Asante here.  

~Look, I've watched the games & I've looked at the stats now & in the past:  Asante Samuel is a FANTASTIC Cornerback...much better than most.  Asante is trully unreal at covering his side of the field of play, Unreal.  He's great at Passes Defensed, and simply Superb at getting the INT...But this is where his job ends.  And this is trully where He BELIEVES his job ends=Jumping routes and trying to come up with a Pick 6...  He'll duck-and-swipe a wideout with the ball If he comes into his area after the catch, and He'll dirty his shirt in run-support if it looks like the RB's gonna run him over.  The reason WHY I would take Darrelle Revis over Asante Samuel (even when he was freakin' ON NE), Is the same reason WHY I loved Ty Law so much, and PRECISELY the reason why on Draft Day that I was ecstatic that Belichick decided to get A CB who I stated in a Pre-Draft thread, Had Easily, "The MOST Complete set of CB skills out of each & every CB in the 2010 NFL Draft."  And no...I won't be backtracking this sentiment or changing it after McCourty eventually & inevitably goes somewhere else for MASSIVE amounts of $...that'll just s#ck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]The point of this is that you are making a claim ("the circumstantial evidence seems to clearly indicate that Collie was rushed back before he was ready to play") that you have zero ability to substantiate. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

The bottom line is that, once a concussion has been diagnosed, Collie's ability to play is no longer a decsion the team can make. If the league is bringing in "independent neurologists" (as the new rules indicate) and players are either bamboozling them or they are simply continuing to be schills for the team, that is another discussion entirely. But the leage has, in fact, taken steps to prevent teams from "rushing players back" (or players from rushing themselves back, if you believe the doctors really are "independent").

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Assante's Reaction to Collie Hit : The bottom line is that, once a concussion has been diagnosed, Collie's ability to play is no longer a decsion the team can make. If the league is bringing in "independent neurologists" (as the new rules indicate) and players are either bamboozling them or they are simply continuing to be schills for the team, that is another discussion entirely. But the leage has, in fact, taken steps to prevent teams from "rushing players back" (or players from rushing themselves back, if you believe the doctors really are "independent").
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Just another failed dig attempt by TP.  Must be a pats fan.

7. This post has been removed.