Re: Assault/military style weapons - what we can do to control them
posted at 12/17/2012 7:52 PM EST
In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
In response to TripleOG's comment:
Ban ALL Assault Rifles. You wanna shoot, go the range and rent one! Mental Illness is being cured all over the U.S. with pscho-tropical drugs that cause horrific nightmares and caused them to lash out unexpectidally and there is no rhyme or reason, but noone wants to solve it, just make money off it and thats why it will keep happening. I watched a Documentary from the 70s called "the drugging of our children" on youtube. Since then they have been drugging them and wrongly diagnosing these children with ADHD which aint even a real disease.
+1.. as the morons would say "guns dont kill people, people kill people.." but of course sik people with a gun tend to kill a lot of people.. limit the access and the pool of guns, and common sense the probability goes down. lived in a house with a dommsdayer who had 12 guns incl assault ones.. you know whats more likely to happen by statistics.. you are most likely to be shot to death by someone living in your house (often a ticked off spouse) or being dearmed by the criminal and having it turned on you. ther only thing unusual here is that this CT sicko went on to kill innocent kids.. not unusual at all that he would kill his mom or the gun owner or home occupant.. sadly! people should own pistols or basic handguns or shotguns though up to a registered max (if they want more, can apply for a collectors license and pay special fees and undergo special background checks)...
I agree with you as prior to this tragedy, I did not subscribe to gun control in any form. I think the US government already has far too much control over its citizens.
However, I see polls asking should the 2nd amendment be repealed and shouldn't people have a right to defend themselves. Naturally 97% are affirmative & the other 3% are "turn your other cheek" idiots. Yup, by the time one calls 911 they could be dead. But protect your self from rape, robbery etc, with a pistol, and not a rapid fire one either, and shotgun. A high powered assault weapon is not necessary. But don't take the pleasure away from gun enthusiasts, let them fire them at gun clubs.
I think this nightmare deals with a far sinister issue - that of indescribable pain in an individual. This young man was himself (perpetrator) barely older than a child. We have a society so quick now to condemn him as evil but where were they? Where were the people who knew the family and knew of their suffering but did nothing? Let me elaborate, please. This young man who killed all of these innocent children committed a truly evil act, but I believe he was incredibly sick - and that is not meant as an excuse. I heard a conversation on Hannity how this young man was a sociopath - haha! How funny, aren't most of these teenagers and young 20's men sociopaths and any other BS title we can bestow upon them? Think about it...unrelenting violence on every show, in every movie, on every billboard. Outrageous sex everywhere we all turn, breakdown of family structure and morays, the decided end by many to take religion out of our lives. Broken homes everywhere. Stressed out parents...need I go on? Young adults and teenagers are disconnected from any sort of feeling almost as a survival mechanism. I am surprised this doesn't happen every month with the way our country has gone downhill. Does this justify a heinous act? Of course not, but where were all of the people in this little tight community to help a mom raising a difficult son? We need to stop turning a blind eye to others in need because of our selfishness and start to step up to the plate and reach out to help. We need to change the way our communities our structured. Think of many Mothers afraid to tell anyone about their sons’ trials and tribulations. Many become a poorly adjusted adult with much pain and hurt in their hearts and no where for that to go. By God's grace more have not done anything crazy, but don't we all know someone when pushed to the end of their emotional limits who is capable of insanity?
I am confused by why everyone goes to the least common denominator - that of more controls. Why are we so afraid to examine the depth of what really happened here to this young man and now these poor little children who will never have the opportunity to grow up?
Look around you the next time you are out...say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone you see. What you will see if you truly look in their eyes, is pain, unspeakable pain. No, they all don't go out and commit atrocities, but their pain leads to illness and unhappiness.
I just wanted to quickly weigh in on this horrific moment in our nation's history. May God grant the families the strength to believe on and cling to one another in the time of this great tragedy.