ASSUMING ITS THE END OF DAYS, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST NOT SEEING TO FRUITION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ASSUMING ITS THE END OF DAYS, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST NOT SEEING TO FRUITION?

i dont believe in all this doomsday nonsense but assuming there is a one percent chance, i would miss not seeing the pats beat the jets by a field goal in the last seconds this coming season as brady leads them down with a minute 40 seconds left on the clock as the pats punch their ticket to the super bowl where shane vereen has two runs of 60 yards, and stevan ridley punches it in from the one on fourth down on both drives as Left tackle nate solder bloacks his guy out to the end zone on both plays. Rookie of the Year ras-I Dowling puts the game away when he picks off Tony Romo with 3 minutes left in the patriot end zone and runs it back for a 103 yard yard TD! 

chad johnson in his first nutty move as a patriot is so excited to finally get his ring he starts tweeting from right on the sidelines as belichick loosens up and starts doing the tango right there and then with chad in somewhat of a lovefest. randy moss in the broadcast booth (he's been there all season) after going off about how all the bad food in the studio is about to make him throw up starts yelling uncontrollably WE DID IT WE DID IT WE DID IT! 

the winning qb ryan mallet who had to relieve the lip-sticked mascara-wearing booty-shaking hair-primping tom brady in the first quarter due to his constant crying in the huddle about catching gisele in the act with new 3-legged celtic center GREG ODEN and his mentor kevin garnett is the new toast of the town and the talk of football as belichick has himself a real qb controversy going into following off-season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: ASSUMING ITS THE END OF DAYS, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST NOT SEEING TO FRUITION?

According to Camping's prediction, today believers will be Raptured and immediately thereafter the great earthquake will ensue killing millions. Then the "locusts" (demons) will come to torture the remaining for 5 months and at that point all will be destroyed.

While I would not discount the Rapture occurring on any day, especially as the prophesies regarding the end are showing signs of fruition, much of what is foretold in Revelation seems to be completely discounted by Camping, and is therefore in error.

But if the prediction comes to pass there certainly won't be an NFL season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: ASSUMING ITS THE END OF DAYS, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST NOT SEEING TO FRUITION?

Of course this has already not occurred, as it is Sunday already in parts of the world. The prediction was that earthquakes would be happenning in each time zone as the 6pm hour occurred.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Nothing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: ASSUMING ITS THE END OF DAYS, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST NOT SEEING TO FRUITION?:
    According to Camping's prediction, today believers will be Raptured and immediately thereafter the great earthquake will ensue killing millions. Then the "locusts" (demons) will come to torture the remaining for 5 months and at that point all will be destroyed. While I would not discount the Rapture occurring on any day, especially as the prophesies regarding the end are showing signs of fruition, much of what is foretold in Revelation seems to be completely discounted by Camping, and is therefore in error. But if the prediction comes to pass there certainly won't be an NFL season.
    Posted by BabeParilli
    y cant they make an exception and spare all diehard NFL fans til the end of the season at least. heck, i'm going to satrt my own doomsday sect. everyone dies who doesnt worship our lord, savior and high priest bill belichick and the ultimate rectory-alter boy tommy brady as well as the pats. those who do (except for tenacious, bb reigns and mvpkilla) will be expunged immediately by my arbitrary wrath on a certain date. those who submit will be spared. others may stay in some kind of purgatory til they do. see, i have a religion. just have to make some tweaks as i go forward. where are my followers and peeps? bralon, are you with me? underdog, time to convert?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Well, I was planning to own a cathouse in my lifetime.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: ASSUMING ITS THE END OF DAYS, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST NOT SEEING TO FRUITION?:
    In Response to Re: ASSUMING ITS THE END OF DAYS, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST NOT SEEING TO FRUITION? : hey, am i to take it that you do not like me? am i not getting a christmas card? you always say i do not have positive pats threads. i start one where we WIN the super bowl and you still take a SHOT at me. i'm better off putting a bullet to my head than debating you---- pun intended!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

"the winning qb ryan mallet who had to relieve the lip-sticked mascara-wearing booty-shaking hair-primping tom brady in the first quarter due to his constant crying in the huddle about catching gisele in the act with new 3-legged celtic center GREG ODEN and his mentor kevin garnett is the new toast of the town and the talk of football as belichick has himself a real qb controversy going into

You say something as trollish as that and consider it positive? Die troll

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"assuming there is a one percent chance"

one percent chance? You were kidding about that right? There was NO chance. 

You'll be living with the Pats for a while, and it's not so bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

" assuming there is a one percent chance" one percent chance? You were kidding about that right? There was NO chance.  You'll be living with the Pats for a while, and it's not so bad.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I can't find your referencing post, But Are you saying that there's "NO Chance" that the world will ever end?!!  IF you are: Then Yea, keep thinkin' like that- The World will never end, Civilaztion might NEVER EVER collapse, The United States willl FOREVER be the dominant nation on planet Earth, and chances are...You'll never die either.

Seriously, I'm not an end of days enthusiast, and I live my life as blindly unrecognizing of this as seemingly 99.999% of everyone else, under my choice to not dwell on this, And I'm a very intelligent person who's WELL aware that persons of prophecized and warned about mankind's Infinite Doom, tommorow...and then every single tommorow after the fact...since the dawn of man.  You NAME it:  From the 1st Century first Christian Apostles, To the ascetics who penned the dead sea scrolls, to every prophet and mystic from The Sybll to Mother Shifton to Nostradamus, to entire societal religions based on it: In part the Apocalypse Doctrines of The Judaic Old Testament, To The Mayans, back to The Sumerians...  Self-Righteous groups or just lone individuals- The "Millerites" in 19th New England, and The 7th Day Adventists and Hare Krishnas too, both I believe as off-shoots from the original Millerite end of days prophetic doom.

But good grief...To NOT even recognize it WHAT-soever, or even the potential?!?  Say what'cha will about these cultures anywhere from a Century past, all the way back to mankind's start, But GOOD God!  The only difference between them and where we are now is rather minute really... In these former prophecies of inevitable DOOM, they didn't nor were they subject to, a few itty bitty factors, that we have now...right now:  Lets see- A dozen or more countries with ICBM nukes on planet wide missles, A dozen more with just Nuke Capacity bombs, Collapsed Soviet Union where there alone, there's something like 150 unaccounted for suitcase nukes, Seemingly every even 3rd world civilized nation having bio- germ warfare programs (EVERY person involved in these programs...world wide...are rational good people, who would NEVER...), let's see-Within the germ programs, so many new designer germs with NO biological natural cure...and differing strains of these old diseases and germs (1 tiny adaptive starin...uh-oh), Hmmm-And within this, a More globalized than ever before in history economy, nation-every nation minute by minute travel, and second by second technology sharing (Often good...sometimes terrifying), Hmm-Worse infastructure in the US alone then ever before in our Nations history, A greater ionization of Wealth and Power into a smaller percentage of the populace, Let's see- Terrorists flying passenger planes into the Western Hemispheres 2nd, and 3rd largest skyscrapers, something like 95% of the world's COMPLETELY overpopulated human populace dependant on the small area of the grain belt along the 38th parrallel for their daily sustenance, EVERY nation entirely dependant in every SINGLE facet of their lives on 1 thing-PETROLEUM: Food (pesticides & fertilizers), bringing the food somewhere (shipping containers, gas, cargo, tires...EVERY aspect of transportation, you name it), Zero localized economies (everyone's dependant on food from somewhere else, economy from some monopoly), for heat, for electricity, for transportation, for aspects of shelter, and almost all aspects of modern clothing- BOTH far too dependant on others b/c we no longer have the capacity to do this individually (even locally), And ALL dependant on Petroleum (ALL are byproducts of Oil)...oh, and the world's greatest economist-Hubbard (guy in the 1970's), I think his name is-Said by 2000, we'd reach our highest production, and the slope down-Would be a TOTAL crash b/c of such great & total dependance (Bush and Cheney did a survey too, but apparently the prognosis was so dire...SO Dire...that they entirely buried the results of where we currently are in world oil reserves- THAT is bad), let's see-FAR More extremes in ALL climatary aspects (more earthquakes, more sunamis, more huricanes, greater droughts, bigger droughts, hotter summers, colder winters), due to what we've done with this planet, Almost ZERO viable natural forms of drinking water any longer b/c of pollution to 90% of the world's natural fresh water ecosystems (Totally undrinkable), Where are we?:  Oh, and IN this Globalized and totally dependant economy (it's not based on anything btw, any more...no gold, just pieces of paper and promises)- INCREDIBLY room for instability if and when 1 major nation goes down, Just amazing dependancy person to person, and far less self-reliance than EVER in mankind's history in the simple ways to PROVIDE these basic neccesities (good god-Idk how to farm, I don't even know how to fish, let alone build a simple f'ing fire!  These things might be nice to know...even as an fyi, "ya know...just in case" type ability that even the imb#ciles of yesteryear ALL knew)

Good grief!!!  We could go on and on and on...and I just ticked that off the top of my head in 2 minutes.  Man...  You- you don't see any (just 1?) of these things as even "potentially" problematic...?  That the game is just a tad bit different now, compared to yesteryear...?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

wow, Laz. If you just ticked that off the top in 2 minutes....what's your IQ, any way?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Actually, the saved have up and left.  God kind of closed the door so that we didn't notice them leaving.  We're still here because we are damned to having no football for 5 months.  Too bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I believe If you add this:

"Wow, Laz. If you just ticked that off the top in 2 minutes....what's your IQ, any way?"

You're only hope for happiness is this:

"Go grab a six-pack and get laid...you'll feel better."

...Honestly, I stopped drinking- who knows?- Something like 6 years ago now...Never felt worse 8^)  (and I'm entirely serious here)

One of my favorite books, 1 of those books that a person can just up and read in 1 sitting (calling it an "absurdly easy to read book" is an understatement...lmao- If you haven't read 1 thing in a decade, but you believe that you still possess the ability TO read...this is your book).  Kurt Vonnegut's "Galapagos".  Hilarious satire about Civilization's final days (yes, those words were placed side by side).  It follows a few people as they go on some 21st Century Darwin Galapagos Cruise...  Central Premise being that Mankind's "Big Brains" have got to the point where the brains, are a curse...  Things we project, things we assume, things we dwell all...90% of the time, they're delusional fears, fictional plays that could happen...if?- That might happen...perhaps?-, living in fear and regret and paranoia of the present, past, future...  Sh#t makes you everything-Neurotic, Angry, Sad, even laughably happy.  "Galapagos":  Just brilliant book...Great thinking book (AFTER the fact), because the story is so absurdly funny, straight-forward and easy to follow=No Thought Involved.

...pretty much where I'm at (and where I REALLY want to be). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I always love it when anyone brings up Kurt Vonnegut, particularly on the internet.

Kurt Vonnegut said a lot of interesting things, one of which was, "We are who we pretend to be . . .   so we must be careful who we pretend to be."

I think that is good advice on a forum like this.

Hell . . .   that's good advice any old where.

Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I always love it when anyone brings up Kurt Vonnegut, particularly on the internet. Kurt Vonnegut said a lot of interesting things, one of which was, "We are who we pretend to be . . .   so we must be careful who we pretend to be." I think that is good advice on a forum like this. Hell . . .   that's good advice any old where.
    Posted by p-mike

Pleassse... I can't think of 1 single psuedo-pseudo sci-fi comic book intellectual, that I would take, over Kurt Vonnegut.  Ya know Mike, He once told me something I'll never forget: "The Universe is a really big place, perhaps even the biggest."  And so again, please...I barely dove into Aristotle, so I'd be d#mned if I was gonna waste my time on Heidegger if Vonnegut didn't paraphrase The Nature of Mankind's place in the Universe, so perfectly. 

Also Prairie...not on the net...not on the Internet.  Because you're Prairie...I'm Laz...and everything will always be safe here.  SEE!  I just told you the end of the story...Just Like Vonnegut! <It's a good literary device, b/c sometimes you're forced into putting a book down, for a year or two />

Still don't know WhoTF "Kilgore Trout" was though...  I know it had to do something with some original sci-fi writer who created he's own sci-fi alternate universe, down to naming how the last grain of sand and how it looks, acts, and how what's effect was on every other single possible mock creation (lots'a time).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Also, I see fit now to make EVERY-one very acutely aware, That I express each, and every one of my personalities, moods, and multiple & vastly different characters, right on here...under 1 name and all my faces, under 1 face.  And WHEN I tell a "Life Tale" I expect somehow, for each and every one of you to inherently know, when it's a fictional tale, or a true life story... 

Examples:  You should immediately know when I get arrested for throwing a kitchen chair through a bay window, or throwing someone through a coffee table, To BE True...100%.  Like-wise, Laz sniffing glue while wearing a beanie cap and spelling his name wrong in crayons on his HS SAT...NOT True.  Same here:  Getting into a fight outside my condo with some drunk pr#ck, and smashing a cream soda bottle on him, then deciding to squeeze a bit of half n half that got smashed in the melee, On him...100% TRUE.  Yet, you should know that I would NEVER- EVER pick up a bunch of Native Americans before Thanksgiving, dupe them into washing up in a small stream before I charitably took these poor, unfortunate souls to dinner, Then run away with their clothes and luggage and hock them for a half pack of Klondike bars...Sheez!  NOT True!  Make my off-campus apartment into a beach, with beach sand, spray painted walls, urn, which gave my roommate scabies, and then casually watch as the rest of the guys- (hold on-yes=Smashed my fist through the campus's greenhouse 3X in the hopefully chance to get a plant FOR said urn)- continuing-Watch as the rest of the guys lugged the sand down, shovel by shovel, b/c it was collapsing the living room ceiling...while I just watched.  VERY Much True...man, How freaking hard IS this?  Dressed up as Hulk Hogan in biker shorts and X-Mas tinsel in order to meet AND fight PatsEng's child on a hill outside of his elemenatry school, just b/c he like PB & J over just a Regular (the right way) PB sandwich (untoasted)...  Good Grief?!?  What type of a human do you take me for?!!

This is NOT difficult here people...  WHEN I make up a story...You will see just INFINITELY more hyperbole in my descriptive words (Hulk Hogan-X-mas boa from Aunt's house, Mother's 10 speed biker shorts, boots-GI Joe, 1 heal missing, tapped together with duck tape, and construction paper tassels).

NOT difficult...  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsHaterinCO. Show PatsHaterinCO's posts

Anyone that is a scholar of the bible knows there is a series of events that have to happen before the rapture occurs and not all of those events have happened yet.  Even then we will have no idea when the rapture will occur.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: ASSUMING ITS THE END OF DAYS, WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST NOT SEEING TO FRUITION? : Wait....You type all this stuff sober?  Wow.  I just assumed you were ripped to the bejesus and that is why you write the way you do.  
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Roflol!  I know I KNOWwwww, That's what Everyone thinks!  See Russ, even when I think of myself, I think of 2 tiny movie scenes, apparently only I can relate to.  1, is a scene from "Wyatt Earp" (not "Tombstone"), where Doc Holiday says to Wyatt (in reference to Earp's wife downing bottle after bottle of the opium fueled cough syrup they had in those days):  "Ya see Wyatt, for some people the world just ain't right, and it it never will be"  (not the world's relation to them...no. They're relation to the world).  #2 is pretty simple, but noone appreciates the way I do...Brad Pitt in "Seven Monkees" (that was a tough guess):  Pitt after spouting some long crazy dogma he believes, then I believe someone calling his beliefs insane, says simply, "I'mnotcrazy (then he does some sorta jerking-psychotic quick head twist...exuding that "yes"...Crazy? Yes siree). 

God, I was on the ball when I was drinking and doing drugs every night...Reading, Working out, Writing, Going to work...EVERY single day...usually 7 days a week.  No sleep til all was done.  For some the prescription should read: "It's better off for you and everyone that we keep you as drunk and drugged up as humanly possible...so here, I'M just gonna leave the prescription as an open fill in the blank-User's Choice:        "

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I thought we were already dead.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Anyone that is a scholar of the bible knows there is a series of events that have to happen before the rapture occurs and not all of those events have happened yet.  Even then we will have no idea when the rapture will occur.
    Posted by PatsHaterinCO

the rapture hasn't happened because it's never going to...and every "prophecy" in the bible has come to pass ten times over throughout history, only the names and places have changed and each generation has some group of simple-minded yahoos who think its all happening for the first time
    ~JintsFan

ROFLOL!  Oh man PatsHater, It's mor#ns like you, that just keep me going...  I LOVE that you actually wrote something as both blindly righteous and as Imbec!lically Ignorant as this...  The "Rapture" wasn't even on the board...Never...Ever...NEVeeeer even taught, not once until some guy John Darby forwarded his "own personal interpretation" of Scripture, in the 19th Century...and It is SO unbelievably -how do I say this?- Utter B#llsh#t.  He intreprets words like, "And so you will go, and be 'caught up' with Saints in Heaven."  Garbage like this, of which AFTER you bring it back to Greek, and Latin (etc), is such even MORE bs...  Each and Every single hazy, ambiguous garbage phrase, is UN-real.  EVERY one is under and about, "Good Christians" rising from the dead (like Jesus), when The Day of Judgment comes...  The Rapture, mainly forwarded BY Darby, then pushed a bit more by some guy CI Schofield, then RE-awakened in Modern Times in those "Left Behind" books, Is SO tempting (tempting for the righteous, passionate, judgmental j#rks), b/c not only does it presuppose anything AND everything from Christianity itself (the 1 true religion, I guess)...but that with-IN this 1 true Religion, there are smaller sects that are ENTIRELY the MORE Righteous (7th Day Adventists, all dispensationalism sects, etc), And that when the day of judgment comes (I guess it will...according to you guys, right?), Jesus will now come down, then save the pure & holy, and then judge harshly the unpure and all the "mean-eys".

OMG! The F'ing nerve of some of you people...  Not only, NEVER a doctrine before...Never taught...and now?  Entirely not even in the book, as an actual straight-forward teaching itself?  Oh...My...God.  You can bet your #ss 1 thing:  Lmao...IF There IS a "God"....And IF this "God" actually comes down...from whereever (only the Christians have the full descriptian here, I guess)....AND "God" "judges" man..."judges" man through ONLY a very tiny portion of 1 single religion...the religion being Christianity...

...well, hold on now: I was gonna say, "You can bet your behind, that it's not going to be through an entirely bs, made up part of the scripture...And you can bet your behind 1 more thing- He's going to be THE hardest on the most egotistical, self-righteous, most judgmental themselves...people just like you."  But, maybe not I guess...Not after I wrote what I did in ending that last paragraph...Because, ya know-IF we're makin' stuff up, and we've gone this far blindly down the self-entitled, mor#n path...I guess, it doesn't really matter whether or not we stop here.  I guess-Hey, why not take the added step of "The Rapture", right?  We've gone this far down the delusional wormhole...lets just keeeep on goin', yee-haw!     

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To me Laz the rapture is cruising in my van and picking up a couple of teenage hitch hikers and them turning to me and say thanks for the lift.Memories you will always have the memories.As for this disapperance thing they look like there from south america anyway. Probably upside down on the house,car,babysitter etc.       
    Posted by Mybologna

ROF...  They're teenagers, so they're probably satanists anyway; Hitch-hiking is another form of laziness, and hedonism...that's always evident.  3rd world country?  Pssh, no WAY that they're "good" Christians...  And as we all know from scripture, women were placed on earth to be subserviant to man & try to dupe man too.  They were doomed anyway...probably did them a favor in the name of righteousness.  Look at it less like you kidnapped, r#ped, and then murdered them...more in the light of you "Saved" them, that you helped them.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts