At 7-4, Giants Still A Team Who Can Beat Patriots In SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

At 7-4, Giants Still A Team Who Can Beat Patriots In SB?

Even tho the Patriots offense appears to be firing on all cylinders against teams that have poor/mediocre defense.  How are the Patriots going to do against better D's in the rest of the regular schedule - and more importantly, how are they going to do against teams with better D's? The Giants come to mind with their dismantling of the Packers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: At 7-4, Giants Still A Team Who Can Beat Patriots In SB?

Thankfully we wouldnt have to worry about the Giants till the Super Bowl...that said any team that can collapse the pocket with dlinemen will give Brady fits...For the record we will handle Houston fairly easily....as for SF they will give us all sorts of hell as they can bring pressure up the middle. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schillings_Ankle. Show Schillings_Ankle's posts

Yes.  For whatever reason, the Giants have the Pats number.  The Giants seem to play to the level of their opponent, getting better against superior competition.  However, Eli Manning is as likely to be the cause of the Giants missing the playoffs as he is to their winning the Super Bowl.  Rodney Harrison called him the best QB in the league last night, which is a tremendous insult to the half dozen or so QB's better than him.  Despite the two Super Bowl MVP's, Eli is an interception machine who "led" his team to a Super Bowl win by amassing almost the exact average amount of passing yards and points the Patriots gave up in the regular season.  And he only managed to put up 17 points in the first Patriots-Giants Super Bowl.  He's the best QB there is at the end of a game, but he's not elite.  If he was, the Giants would have put both those games away much earlier.  The Giants defense was responsible for winning both Super Bowls by shutting down the Patriots prolific offense.  Eli the best QB in the league?  That's moronic.  Being the best 4th Quarter QB is not being the best QB.  If the Giants were to face the Pats again in the Super Bowl, it's the Giants "D" I'd be concerned with.  Eli Manning is an interception waiting to happen.  He's got more career picks than games played for a reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Disregard what the Giants did to the Packers, the Aaron Rodgers has always been afraid of that defense and once they touch him once, he becomes the biggest baby I've ever seen. Against the Giants, he rushes throws, he isn't nearly as composed as usual and he just can't seem to go past his second read. 

Tommy, on the other hand, had a career game against them in the Superbowl last year. I think he set the SB record for consecutive passes completed, and he did it with his best receiving option hobbled. Don't forget that Tommy had the game won, but a certain WR couldn't hold onto a catch that hit him right in the palms of his hands. Also, keep in mind that last year's running game wasn't nearly as good as this year and that the Giants don't have a particularly good run defense and you can see why the Patriots shouldn't fear anyone this season. 

The teams the Patriots should have legitimate concerns going up against are the 49ers and the Texans due to their physical styles of play. Luckily for us, if the Patriots were to meet up with both these teams in the playoffs, BB rarely ever loses twice to the same team in the same season. And if we win, a healthy Gronkowski ought to improve our chances. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

If the Pats do meet the Gints in the SB, I seriously doubt lightening will strike 3 times giving the Gints another miracle win. The Pats do have a much better running game this year and are not afraid to use it.

Just a couple more key first downs made by the Pats in the last Pats/Gints SB's and the Pats would be 5-time SB champs under BB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I still feel we do not have an answer for pressure brought up the middle...Texans pressure from the ends..which is your standard...but teams like Niners Giants bring heat right up the middle..which gives Brady fits...just hope we are preparing with that in mind

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Yes.

And vice versa, assuming the Pats return to the SB. I don't like their chances, not as a 3rd or 4th seed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Both teams have to get there first.  At this point, though, to answer your question, I'd say NO!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:

I still feel we do not have an answer for pressure brought up the middle...Texans pressure from the ends..which is your standard...but teams like Niners Giants bring heat right up the middle..which gives Brady fits...just hope we are preparing with that in mind

The SF game should be a good indication of where the Pats O-line is at stopping the interior pressure along with how well the running game can do against a D like that. 

If the Pats can handle that alright I don't see any team including the Giants stopping them on their way to a Superbowl victory.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The only team that plays and loses the Superbowl in Nov. is the Not Yets.  Aren't we playing the Phins this week?  Way so many Giants threads?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Both teams have to get there first.  At this point, though, to answer your question, I'd say NO!!

lol...i didn't expect you to say otherwise :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

The only team that plays and loses the Superbowl in Nov. is the Not Yets.  Aren't we playing the Phins this week?  Way so many Giants threads?

it was a slow day...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Of course they can. 

They have beaten NE 3 out of 4 not counting preseason. 

They have the talent in the right places to play NE tough. 

A defense that can generate pressure and stop the run without sending extra men. \

Runners who can keep the NE offense off the field. 

Big WRs who can challenge good CBs, let alone the crop NE's had.

Football is a game of matchups. Not every team matches well with other teams. The Gints are not the best team, but they are the *last* team I would want to face.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't read too much into it. The Packers were down 2 starting O linemen, plus their top WR, and two defenders including Clay Matthews. Not a full Packer team there. And to answer your question, NO, I don't think NY would beat the Patriots if they played as they are constituted right now--assuming both teams are healthy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

A little premature to be talkig about Superbowls in week 12

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Don't read too much into it. The Packers were down 2 starting O linemen, plus their top WR, and two defenders including Clay Matthews. Not a full Packer team there. And to answer your question, NO, I don't think NY would beat the Patriots if they played as they are constituted right now--assuming both teams are healthy.

The Patriots are also down two starting O linemen, their best receiver, and one of their best D linemen.  They need to get Mankins, Vollmer, Gronkowski, and Jones playing again or they might suffer the same fate as the Packers. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Cowboys put up 24 points twice on the Giants, the Bucs put up 34 points on them, Redskins and Steelers put up 23 and 24 points on them and the Bengals put 31 on the scoreboard vs them, so I can see the Pats offense putting up good numbers against the Giants.  The Patriots are a better team then last season, I think the Giants are a worse team then last year.  It wouldn't be easy but The Pats certainly could win big against the Giants this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Cowboys put up 24 points twice on the Giants, the Bucs put up 34 points on them, Redskins and Steelers put up 23 and 24 points on them and the Bengals put 31 on the scoreboard vs them, so I can see the Pats offense putting up good numbers against the Giants.  The Patriots are a better team then last season, I think the Giants are a worse team then last year.  It wouldn't be easy but The Pats certainly could win big against the Giants this year.

Giants have a habit of playing down to their opponents...hence the dominant display vs Packers...

I do agree we shouldnt be talking Super Bowl...lots of season still left

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:

Giants have a habit of playing down to their opponents...hence the dominant display vs Packers...

I do agree we shouldnt be talking Super Bowl...lots of season still left

lmao at comment.

oh, why can't we talk about SB?  It's merely speculative folly to kill some time. It's not like anyone is even guaranteeing they will make it that far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Didn't we see these kinds of comments last yr? In fact, I believe they had a few AWFUL games in 2011 that were far worse. Can't predict what's going to happen, but when the playoff bell rings they are a different animal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

This is where the Patriots running the ball a bit better this year will pay major divedends.

The Giants won close games for both SB's where a lot of things had to go right for them..it happens. This year they could win but it would be much less likely vs this Pats team..they are worse on defense while the Pats are better at WR, will have Gronk , better depth at TE, better depth on D-line, more talent on D-line. Much better secondary & safties by playoff time, by playoff time better depth at o-line if all goes well, better running attack.

Biggest challenges on scale of 10 for being in the way of a NE SB win:

SF 9

Texans - Denver 7

Giants 6.5

Falcons 6

Chicago 5.5

Cincy / Colts /Ravens/ 5

Pitts 4

Bucs/Packers 4

Miami 3.5

Kaepernick has made a offense a bit more dynamic on a team that already had a good defense to match up against NE.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Giants are tough but I like this years Patriot team a lot more than last year. Doubt the Giants would beat them this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnNH3. Show JohnNH3's posts

I think in the SB or playoffs the Gint's D-line gets cranked on Adderall ;-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Giants are tough but I like this years Patriot team a lot more than last year. Doubt the Giants would beat them this season.

me too

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts