At least Colin Cowherd isn't selling the Patriots short.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

At least Colin Cowherd isn't selling the Patriots short.

The only talking head I've herd so far that is thinking straight and isn't buying the Giants hype.  He's made some very good points especially about the last Patriot and Giant game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Re: At least Colin Cowherd isn't selling the Patriots short.

In Response to At least Colin Cowherd isn't selling the Patriots short.:
    The only talking head I've herd so far that is thinking straight and isn't buying the Giants hype.  He's made some very good points especially about the last Patriot and Giant game.
    Posted by tcal2-

He speaketh with forked tongue. His early prediction was 33-20 Giants and he stated that he would bet his house on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Yeah Cowherd has been picking the Giants all week long, he is a true Brady lover. But, he honestly think that the Pats defense is incapable of stopping the Giants. He definitely isn't saying the Pats have no chance, but I think as we get closer to the game and everyone is talking up the Giants people are getting the feeling that the Pats will come out hot and looking for revenge.

All I hear is the Pats haven't faced adversity like the Giants, yet our last 2 games(divisional opponents, which everyone knows are tough games, jsut ask the Giants how they faired against the Skins) we were down bad and made great adjustments to win the game which ultimately sealed our 1st seed.

Our defense is stout in the red zone and we have a good chance for at least one or 2 INTs. I could go on.

But Cowherd is one of the better talking heads, however he is making the sexy pick now and is probably slowly changing his mind as his gut tells him something different as the game gets closer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Today is the first time I actually watched/listened to him in a few months.  I am off today and watched Mike and Mike then Cowherd.  If he was originally on the Giants he seems to be slipping a bit now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Too bad, he is a moron and wrong again. If he had gone the other way, I would have more confidence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Everyone is and should be coming off their Gaint hype and realize that they are playing the f***ing Patriots!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

When I voted yesterday the ESPN poll was an exact 50/50 split.  So far today I've heard "talking heads" pick the pats, both guys on the Van Pelt show just said they like the Pats.  Last time around all the "talking heads" picked the Pats, so I don't know why anyone really cares.  MJD and Matt Forte just picked the Pats.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: At least Colin Cowherd isn't selling the Patriots short.:
    The ESPN heads are absolutely all picking the Giants. It's the anti-NE thing.  Suzy Kolber came right out and said Justin Tuck came on her show, so she likes the Giants. LOL So obvious. The players and former players, will probably be around 50/50, which is fine. It's the agenda stuff that's pathetic. If you dont' have an agenda, it's a 50/50 thing. If you do, then you pick the Giants. That's the formula. Cowherd is objective and not a moron at ESPN., He gets the cap concepts, what NE does, how good BB and Brady are, and thinks for himself.  He's the minority at ESPN.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

I fail to buy into anti New England conspiracy theories, I think all it shows is how all the talking heads are A. prisoners of the moment and B. Scared to stand alone.

Winning at GB and at SF is more impressive than beating DEN and Balt at home, thus the momentum of the hype swings to the Giants.  Kind of like 2007, when 18-0 blinded all the "experts" from straying from the pack.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

My wife can't stand Cowherd (she's a Colts fan...probably until Peyton leaves), but I think he usually does a good job of looking at things practically and doesn't get caught up in flavor of the day hogwash that ESPN has the tendency to shove down our throats. 

I listened to the little rat Doug Gottlieb during my drive home from work yesterday and he said Belichick was acting happy, as though he had figured out the Giants.  He compared it to a video game player having a cheat code.  Of course, then came the comment "well, cheat code, that would be something you couldn't put past the Patriots."  All you can do is shake your head at these inflammatory tabloid  creatures that pass themselves off as respectable and knowledgeable media professionals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

As far as some of the experts not liking the Pat's. I feel of course they don't like the Pat's. Most people hate to see the same team win again and again. Let's face it Belichick is a great coach, but he's probably part of the equation as well.
    I remember when the Cowboys kept winning back in the early 90's. I hated them. Mostly because they had bravado and flashy guys like Irvin, who by the way I can't stand. He should pay a little attention to Kurt Warner and learn a thing or two on how to be objective.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Colin Cowherd is as big a Pats and Brady fan as your going to find outside of New England.  I'm surprised he's picking the Giants.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

None of this matters. The only thing that counts is play on the field Sunday!

I am very confident that the Pats have every chance to win the SB. Don't turn over the ball and the game of ours. We can stop the Giants and we can score on them. Would not be surprised if we gave them a beating.

I also understand we could be a turn over machine and lose the game.

We are in the SB, none of the geniuses gave a chance, now we only have to play smart and win on game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

As far as some of the experts not liking the Pat's. I feel of course they don't like the Pat's. Most people hate to see the same team win again and again. Let's face it Belichick is a great coach, but he's probably part of the equation as well. I remember when the Cowboys kept winning back in the early 90's. I hated them. Mostly because they had bravado and flashy guys like Irvin, who by the way I can't stand. He should pay a little attention to Kurt Warner and learn a thing or two on how to be objective.
    Posted by kman2004

I think Irvin's mind is feeling the effects of his "South America's team" mentality.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Cowherd has been changing his tune the past couple of days. Last week he was saying 33-20 giants, or something like that. A couple of days ago he said it could go either way, and today he said that the Patriots could win this thing. 

I feel really good about this one, didn't feel this way in 2007 despite being 18-0.

Go Patriots!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Today is the first time I actually watched/listened to him in a few months.  I am off today and watched Mike and Mike then Cowherd.  If he was originally on the Giants he seems to be slipping a bit now.
    Posted by tcal2-

I like Cowherd. He always picks the Pats and has been on the band wagon for many years. I listen all the time and he's always complimenting the Pats. Probably why I tune in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm glad, but Cowherd can be so obnoxious sometimes he gives Patriots fans a black eye.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Herd picks the Patriots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

colin pats 28 giants 27

have always liked the herd
    surprised he chaned his mind

somtimes he makes an analysis using
    one assumption - then on another
    he will ignore it

but i see it more that he is always thinking
    and willing to challenege himself

and
    who else does
    where was i right
    where i was wrong