At least PATS FANS admit it....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

At least PATS FANS admit it....

From the game string today, I have seen numerous comments about the calls the Pats have received from the Zebras.  All of them being of a generous nature and aiding the Pats cause.  How many times would we have seen the same from other fan bases?  At least, we have some folks here that see it for what it is and are honest about it and not putting their head in the sand!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: At least PATS FANS admit it....

They got away with PI, and a holding call was definitely questionable.  The review of Bodden INT looked like a easy catch though. 

I said to my wife, "I hate to see them get away with a TD on a call like that".  She said "why not the Colts get them every game".

I'll take a freebie, the team needed a win, and they've got thier share of bad calls go against them already this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

agreed - atleast most of the fan base is pretty even keeled 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it....:
    agreed - atleast most of the fan base is pretty even keeled 
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

Maybe that is why we see Dogg and Jbolt here so often..  they can at least discuss things, from their perspective, and not necessarily be thrown off the bus.  We may not like their point of view, but, most see it for what it is, a bit of bias here and there.  But, both dogg and jbolt have a tendency to be blind. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to At least PATS FANS admit it....:
    From the game string today, I have seen numerous comments about the calls the Pats have received from the Zebras.  All of them being of a generous nature and aiding the Pats cause.  How many times would we have seen the same from other fan bases?  At least, we have some folks here that see it for what it is and are honest about it and not putting their head in the sand!
    Posted by agcsbill

Hellll Yeah I admit it and it's about time..I'll take a win anyway we can and we definitely had the benefit of home town calls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Hey, NOONE is coming to The Colt's defense here, so I'm gonna...  Today alone, The zebras kept the Colts/Broncos game darn close, as The Colts had 4 Penalties for 20 yards and the Broncos ONLY had 7 Penalties for 65 yards-Which, sure is over 3 x as many yards, BUT LESS than Half as many Total Penalties, AND most definately closer than they've been called ALL season long.  NOT To Mention that-There's now 1 more Team with less Total Penalty Yards called this year than the Colts...  I mean, I don't think that team has played yet today, and the Colts are still dead-last in Total Penalties themselves, But STILL-The Colts are NOT last in The Penalty Yards.....by 2 yards. 

So there...just showed ALL you people up complainin' about Indy, huh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to At least PATS FANS admit it....:
    Posted by agcsbill

I didn't see the game, but I saw a few calls - notably the PI call in the second that seemed to be a benefit. I have only read that it wasn't the best call. I read that the Roughing the Kicker was legit though again, I haven't seen it.

If the PI call was a gimme as it got the first half score, then I guess I finally know what it feels like to be  a Colts fan. 

Hey - Free Points! 

Seeing that the Jets and Phins also won, I am just happy the Pats got the W.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Hey, NOONE is coming to The Colt's defense here, so I'm gonna...  Today alone, The zebras kept the Colts/Broncos game darn close, as The Colts had 4 Penalties for 20 yards and the Broncos ONLY had 7 Penalties for 65 yards-Which, sure is over 3 x as many yards, BUT LESS than Half as many Total Penalties, AND most definately closer than they've been called ALL season long.  NOT To Mention that-There's now 1 more Team with less Total Penalty Yards called this year than the Colts...  I mean, I don't think that team has played yet today, and the Colts are still dead-last in Total Penalties themselves, But STILL -The Colts are NOT last in The Penalty Yards.....by 2 yards.  So there...just showed ALL you people up complainin' about Indy, huh?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

+1.

That must have been tough to come up with. LOL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

agc - I disagree with your comment above.  Its not as if I don't believe that the colts get calls.  They do and I have said so.  In the pats game, I said the 2 calls were 50/50 and went the colts way.  The PI was not clearly a no call, and the spot of the ball was not clearly a first down.  The PI call Indy got against Houston was a bad call. 

No one here was willing to accept that Baltimore got the majority of the calls against the colts, but that was the case. 

But I continually pointed out to Pats fans that they had been beneficiaries of calls at times and again the vast majority here was having none of it.  Why?  Fandom. 

As for today's penalties in the colts game.  False starts, delay of game, unsportsmanlike conduct, things like that are all on the team being called for the penalty.  The colts do not genearlly make those mistakes.  If the focus is on penalties, focus only on the ones that are pure judgement calls - like PI

What I got from 90% of the pats fans was that I was FOS. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

I didn't see the game either so I'll have to take everyone's word for it on the PI call.  It seems there's at least a few of these borderline calls per week in the NFL and I guess it was the Pat's turn to theirs.

Good effort though 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : +1. That must have been tough to come up with. LOL.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Nah...Like an O.J. Simpson Defense Attorney, I do my absolute best to defend the misunderstood, helpless, and innocent masses who have NOONE else running life's gaming trials to speak on their behalf; OR even like a conservator who saves withered racing horses from the certain glue factory, these hapless colts would obviously fall by the wayside without someone to save and shelter their trully meek abilities...  Yea, I guess I am sorta a saint and savior for lost and d*mned souls...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Dogg....  I did refer to a "fan base", not particular fans.  As for Pats fans and their opinion of you as being FOS, well, that is what you get when you support one team and ply your rhetoric on another team's site.  That's the game, right?  Wouldn't surprise me you are called FOS onthe Colts sit,e too, from the "rozy glasses" crowd!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Gotta agree with Dogg.  The Pats get their share of calls, it's just human nature to only remember the times your team got scrawed (IYHO).  If you could somehow determine how many times each team was the benificiary of bad calls and how many times it was the malificiary (probably not a word, but it makes sense to me!), I don't doubt that the Colts have benefited on average.  But not by much!  There have been plenty of bad calls in Colt opponents' favor, and many of those have kept games close. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Gotta agree with Dogg.  The Pats get their share of calls, it's just human nature to only remember the times your team got scrawed (IYHO).  If you could somehow determine how many times each team was the benificiary of bad calls and how many times it was the malificiary (probably not a word, but it makes sense to me!), I don't doubt that the Colts have benefited on average.  But not by much!  There have been plenty of bad calls in Colt opponents' favor, and many of those have kept games close. 
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Jules.. if you were to pose a question to the fans of all the teams the Colts beat this year, you may see quite a howl about zebra calls.  Don't know about the "on average" about the Colts.  "On average" they get the right call, for them, at the right time. It is unusual, though, to see one team near the bottom of the list for penalties year in and year out, lately, given how all other teams are all over the place each year.  Unless you agree with the premise.. the Colts are the BEST COACHED TEAM in the league when it comes to penalties and commit very few, period! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Dogg....  I did refer to a "fan base", not particular fans.  As for Pats fans and their opinion of you as being FOS, well, that is what you get when you support one team and ply your rhetoric on another team's site.  That's the game, right?  Wouldn't surprise me you are called FOS onthe Colts sit,e too, from the "rozy glasses" crowd!!
    Posted by agcsbill

It may be what I get when I ply my rhetoric on another team's site, but I hold this site to a higher standard.  Boston is supposed to be an enlightened city of higher education.  

Besides being called FOS and actually being so are two different things. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Maybe that is why we see Dogg and Jbolt here so often..  they can at least discuss things, from their perspective, and not necessarily be thrown off the bus.  We may not like their point of view, but, most see it for what it is, a bit of bias here and there.  But, both dogg and jbolt have a tendency to be blind. 
    Posted by agcsbill

$20 that ud comes on here talking about how he does say the Colts get calls. He will then also add that they get 50/50 calls. He will never admit that they got a call they should not have gotten.

He will also complain about the Colts not getting calls in games they won. This is guaranteed.

And then his little bro will come on and agree with him.

He is not "a bit biased". He is full of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Nah...Like an O.J. Simpson Defense Attorney, I do my absolute best to defend the misunderstood, helpless, and innocent masses who have NOONE else running life's gaming trials to speak on their behalf; OR even like a conservator who saves withered racing horses from the certain glue factory, these hapless colts would obviously fall by the wayside without someone to save and shelter their trully meek abilities...  Yea, I guess I am sorta a saint and savior for lost and d*mned souls...

Wouldn't it be tough for Lazarus to be a saint? I mean with the whole rule about having to be dead and all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Posted by JulesWinfield

Agreed Jules...  

We don't ever hear the NFL making retractions and apologies for st#pid nonexistant penalties like Illegal faceguarding.  BUT then, What could We do for more subjective penalties, Like Pass Interference? 

Well...IF I had my way though, I'd make some sort of 'rule committee' (but I'd call it something different...not sure?), In which they'd govern the fair practice of calling games and making changes to it's play.  The difference is, Where many wouldn't put people affiliated with certain teams on this fictional "Committee" because their might be biases affecting the Official's Calls and The League Changes to help that Member's Own Club, I'd personally take Their vast knowledge of the game and Their own word of putting The overall NFL and the League's other franchises ahead of their own as the More Important considerations regarding WHO would be on it...The more and higher ranking member of individual clubs, The BETTER, I say. 

But since, There is no such 'governing body' of totally objective overseers who would ALWAYS make sure that the right call was made, The only thing I could EVER hope for as a Fan, would be IF:  I could somehow tally these referee calls, add up the Penalties and their Yards through the course of each game, heck even The Season, AND THEN...idk, maybe perhaps Compare Each of The Teams' through the course of a longer period, years, even heck, a decade. 

MAYBE Then, We as fans could somehow come to a sort of objective determination through many Numerical Laws of Averages and Large Numbers, IF one of the teams and NO others were ALWAYS at or very close to the bottom for years and years and years.  BUT, You're Right, Since this is a Complete Impossibility right now, We simply have to conclude that ALL Teams get some bad calls, some good calls...none more and NONE Less.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Wouldn't it be tough for Lazarus to be a saint? I mean with the whole rule about having to be dead and all.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Being condemned for having heretical thoughts counts as nothing these days...sheez?   I guess it helps IF those thoughts are faith-based, huh?  But Root, the only reality I know of- Internet & Television, hasn't offered me any proof except Darwin and his dirty little monkees.  Man I hate apes...although...IF fairly elected, I wouldn't mind being crowned King of the Apes.  What about Insanity...I get nothing for that either?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Being condemned for having heretical thoughts counts as nothing these days...sheez?   I guess it helps IF those thoughts are faith-based, huh?  But Root , the only reality I know of- Internet & Television, hasn't offered me any proof except Darwin and his dirty little monkees.  Man I hate apes...although...IF fairly elected, I wouldn't mind being crowned  King of the Apes.  What about Insanity...I get nothing for that either?

Consider that Apes are not advanced primates, rather, they are degenerate human beings.  Of course, Darwin admits all of his offerings are not on the mark.  If people understood human evolution correctly (e.g. as the Adepts have always taught in their schools), there would be no such thing as global warming and/or climate control.  It would all get laughed away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

agc - I disagree with your comment above.  Its not as if I don't believe that the colts get calls.  They do and I have said so.  In the pats game, I said the 2 calls were 50/50 and went the colts way.  The PI was not clearly a no call, and the spot of the ball was not clearly a first down.  The PI call Indy got against Houston was a bad call.  No one here was willing to accept that Baltimore got the majority of the calls against the colts, but that was the case.  But I continually pointed out to Pats fans that they had been beneficiaries of calls at times and again the vast majority here was having none of it.  Why?  Fandom.  As for today's penalties in the colts game.  False starts, delay of game, unsportsmanlike conduct, things like that are all on the team being called for the penalty.  The colts do not genearlly make those mistakes.  If the focus is on penalties, focus only on the ones that are pure judgement calls - like PI What I got from 90% of the pats fans was that I was FOS. 
    Posted by underdoggg

UD,
    You can't pick and choose which calls you want to admit to. You either get the calls(Which the colts did today against the Broncos) or you don't. Once again the Colts weren't flagged for holding once today. When I watch the games they are holding just like any other team. The calls by the refs are subjective and the Colts benefit from that much every week. We got a taste this week and it is good. Welcome us to the club please!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Consider that Apes are not advanced primates, rather, they are degenerate human beings.  Of course, Darwin admits all of his offerings are not on the mark.  If people understood human evolution correctly (e.g. as the Adepts have always taught in their schools), there would be no such thing as global warming and/or climate control.  It would all get laughed away.
    Posted by BTownExpress

~BTown...Sooo what you're sayin' Is that IF I was King, my prodigal id!ot prince son would be an ape, and NOT the father I smothered with a pillow in his bed chamber, In order to get the Crown?  I really can't believe this...you mean, I misunderstood Television?  I mean, I got No prob buying your amended "monkee theory", but t.v. failing me is unbearable?   Unless...wait...Yeaaa, It's more like "Planet of the Apes" than it is Malcolm McDowel as "Caligula"...phew, I feel beter now, thanx.  Back to the Pats and my insanity now...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : UD, You can't pick and choose which calls you want to admit to. You either get the calls(Which the colts did today against the Broncos) or you don't. Once again the Colts weren't flagged for holding once today. When I watch the games they are holding just like any other team. The calls by the refs are subjective and the Colts benefit from that much every week. We got a taste this week and it is good. Welcome us to the club please!!
    Posted by ewhite1065

E - I can't but you can??  hmm.  So you are saying I can't be subjective but you can.   Alrighty then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : $20 that ud comes on here talking about how he does say the Colts get calls. He will then also add that they get 50/50 calls. He will never admit that they got a call they should not have gotten. He will also complain about the Colts not getting calls in games they won. This is guaranteed. And then his little bro will come on and agree with him. He is not "a bit biased". He is full of it.
    Posted by EnochRoot

$20 Root's hindsight is 20/20.  Whoops.  Sorry.  One should never be critical of his sponsor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : UD, You can't pick and choose which calls you want to admit to. You either get the calls(Which the colts did today against the Broncos) or you don't. Once again the Colts weren't flagged for holding once today. When I watch the games they are holding just like any other team. The calls by the refs are subjective and the Colts benefit from that much every week. We got a taste this week and it is good. Welcome us to the club please!!
    Posted by ewhite1065

ew, He can't pick and choose, but that is what he does. All day long. All season long. 

Sections
Shortcuts