At least PATS FANS admit it....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: At least PATS FANS admit it....

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it....:
    In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : E - I can't but you can??  hmm.  So you are saying I can't be subjective but you can.   Alrighty then.
    Posted by underdoggg

two interesting things about this post:

1. I don't recall reading anything by EW indicating he was being subjective.

2. Your is an actual admission that you are picking and choosing. Good job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : It is unusual, though, to see one team near the bottom of the list for penalties year in and year out, lately, given how all other teams are all over the place each year.  Unless you agree with the premise.. the Colts are the BEST COACHED TEAM in the league when it comes to penalties and commit very few, period! 
    Posted by agcsbill

This sounds very conspiratorial AGC.  Is that how I should take it, or do you believe that a team can be coached well enough to be at the bottom of the league in penalties year in and year out?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Nice attempt to twist my words but I have always admitted when the Pats get the calls in a game.I don't find it demeaning as you seem to for some reason. When the Pats get the calls I take it and like it. For some reason you seem to consider it a cheap shot when you should be happy about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : JUnless you agree with the premise.. the Colts are the BEST COACHED TEAM in the league when it comes to penalties and commit very few, period! 
    Posted by agcsbill

That's pretty much what I believe.  And there is evidence of this in their record: the Colts have been the most consistently excellent team in the NFL, with seven (??or is it 6??) straight years with 12 wins.  The most wins in any given decade.  Etc.  The Colts are the most disciplined team in the NFL with regards to penalties, and to use total penalty yards as evidence of referee bias towards Colts is to say that teams have no control of whether they commit penalties in the first place!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~What The Colt's Fans are failing to admit (I mean, another thing they're failing to admit), Is that, Yes, ALL Teams get calls...Yet, it seems that The Colts get calls against them that EVERYone watching on planet earth sees, objectively unmistakable calls...false starts for instance.  I would pay good money to see the breakdown of more subjective penalties called beween them and whomever their opponent is that week, such as Holding and Pass Interference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : UD, You can't pick and choose which calls you want to admit to. You either get the calls(Which the colts did today against the Broncos) or you don't. Once again the Colts weren't flagged for holding once today. When I watch the games they are holding just like any other team. The calls by the refs are subjective and the Colts benefit from that much every week. We got a taste this week and it is good. Welcome us to the club please!!
    Posted by ewhite1065

I believe you're supposed to start the obligatory "Colts got all the calls today" thread.  I watched the game today, and there weren't many close calls.  The only one was a "false start" on Colts that should have been called that the DE causing the OT to move by jumping off-side.  Pretty clearcut bad call that went in Denver's favor.  But I didn't complain, because I've always hated that rule.  The DE should get a chance to get back on side, so I'd rather this be called a false start in general...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

~What The Colt's Fans are failing to admit (I mean, another thing they're failing to admit), Is that, Yes, ALL Teams get calls...Yet, it seems that The Colts get calls against them that EVERYone watching on planet earth sees, objectively unmistakable calls...false starts for instance.  I would pay good money to see the breakdown of more subjective penalties called beween them and whomever their opponent is that week, such as Holding and Pass Interference.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Your judgement is impaired by hatred of the Colts.  "EVERYone watching on planet earth" that hates the Colts as much as you do judges that the Colts got a favorable call.  Independent, objective observers see that the Colts get some calls and get scrawed sometimes.  No different than any other team...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Agreed Jules...   We don't  ever hear the NFL making retractions and apologies for st#pid nonexistant penalties like Illegal faceguarding.  BUT then, What could We do for more subjective penalties, Like Pass Interference?  Well...IF I had my way though, I'd make some sort of 'rule committee' (but I'd call it something different...not sure?), In which they'd govern the fair practice of calling games and making changes to it's play.  The difference is, Where many wouldn't put people affiliated with certain teams on this fictional "Committee" because their might be biases affecting the Official's Calls and The League Changes to help that Member's Own Club, I'd personally take Their vast knowledge of the game and Their own word of putting The overall NFL and the League's other franchises ahead of their own as the More Important considerations regarding WHO would be on it...The more and higher ranking member of individual clubs, The BETTER , I say.  But since, There is no such 'governing body' of totally objective overseers who would ALWAYS make sure that the right call was made, The only thing I could EVER hope for as a Fan, would be IF :  I could somehow tally these referee calls, add up the Penalties and their Yards through the course of each game, heck even The Season, AND THEN...idk, maybe perhaps Compare Each of The Teams' through the course of a longer period, years, even heck, a decade.  MAYBE Then, We as fans could somehow come to a sort of objective determination through many Numerical Laws of Averages and Large Numbers, IF one of the teams and NO others were ALWAYS at or very close to the bottom for years and years and years.  BUT, You're Right, Since this is a Complete Impossibility right now, We simply have to conclude that ALL Teams get some bad calls, some good calls...none more and NONE Less.

Very interesting.  If there were ever someone on a committee like that seemingly doing such things for the benefit of his team while making sure that said laws of average were not considered or reviewed when, for example, his team shows up at the bottom of the league rankings in penalties year in and year out, I would bet that his team had more superbowl victories during his tenure than any other team, and I would wonder if there was some kind of real consideration of impropriety by some why the others on the committee, since the word "committee" indicates the involvement of more than one individual, did not question these things since what this one individual was seemingly doing or not doing was at the expense of the teams for which the other committee members were in representation of. 

Of course, if I believed such a thing was going on, and I were, say, a coach of another team, I might take matters into my own hands, in fact, from day one, and systematically disregard the rules of the league for the benefit of my team.  I'll bet if, as a coach, I was able to do such a thing and get away with it for quite some time, I might be able to turn the tables on that one committee member (eventhough any evidence that said committee member was really working only for the benefit of his team and not the league was simply circumstantial) and win  of those titles for my own team.  My only concern really would be getting caught, but if I did I could always simply claim that I misinterpretted the rules.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jules.....   the team can be well coached, but, to the average fan watching the game, you can't tell if they are not holding, commiting a PI, illegal chuck down field UNLESS it is called and the networks show a replay of the call.  The illegal start, offside can be seen by all and you do not need a replay to focus on that area of the field.  It is hard to believe, given how ALL players are coached in similar fashion, that the Colts offensive line is the only line in the league that can go GAMES without an offensive holding call.  That is an oddity brought up in many places whenever the Colts are brought up.  As Lazarus says....  it seems the Colts get the benefit of the subjective calls more than most teams.  I can't recall how many times I have been watching a Colts game, regardless of opponent, in which I see a call go against the Colts opponent and when I observe a similar play by a Colts player, no call!  After that game, go to a game site and see the reaction of that team's fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : two interesting things about this post: 1. I don't recall reading anything by EW indicating he was being subjective. 2. Your is an actual admission that you are picking and choosing. Good job.
    Posted by EnochRoot

1.  subjective was my opinion
    2.  I am subjective, when I offer my opinion, that is exactly what I do.  The only one who has a problem admitting this is you my friend. 

Actually, maybe I should be your sponsor.  Clearly, you are still in denial re: your own reality.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : I believe you're supposed to start the obligatory "Colts got all the calls today" thread.  I watched the game today, and there weren't many close calls.  The only one was a "false start" on Colts that should have been called that the DE causing the OT to move by jumping off-side.  Pretty clearcut bad call that went in Denver's favor.  But I didn't complain, because I've always hated that rule.  The DE should get a chance to get back on side, so I'd rather this be called a false start in general...
    Posted by JulesWinfield

It may be coming tomorrow you never know. We'll have to see what pops up in the news. You know the Boston media is going to be all over the Moss Hates Belichick bandwagon. As for the calls, I can't believe you guys aren't happy to getting the calls.That's always been my point. Be proud and admit it. The Pats got them for a long time and it's good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Nice attempt to twist my words but I have always admitted when the Pats get the calls in a game.I don't find it demeaning as you seem to for some reason. When the Pats get the calls I take it and like it. For some reason you seem to consider it a cheap shot when you should be happy about it.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I don't think it is a cheap shot.  I consider it a difference of opinion and am willing to defend mine as you are yours.  That's ok isn't it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I got one for ya.  John Harbaugh threw a challenge flag, questioned the call and then picked it up saying he did not want to challenge.  He did not lose a timeout or get a penalty (if that would have been appropriate). 

What I do understand is that when a team wins and gets a beneficial or questionable call, the media will eat up that controversy like a Tiger Woods Mistress.  On the other hand, when a team loses and gets a beneficial or questionable call, the media doesn't care.  To them such a thing doesn't matter.  Its not news because they cannot make a controversial statement with it.  Its like the media coverage given to a second stringer suspended for using peds.  It's not even mentioned because the player does not matter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : I don't think it is a cheap shot.  I consider it a difference of opinion and am willing to defend mine as you are yours.  That's ok isn't it?
    Posted by underdoggg

That's fine but I'm sure you watch every Indy game. If one team gets called for holding 3 or 4 times in a game and the other doesn't that is considered "getting the calls" because you could easily call any offensive line  for holding 4 times over the course of the game. I saw Moss holding twice in front of ref today blatantly and I was waiting for the yellow flag to pop up on the screen and it didn't.Everything went our way today. The Colts have this luxury pretty much every week. Judging from past posts I know you'll never admit it but the numbers don't lie and I don't even hate the Colts..I hate the Jets and the Dolphins but I don't care about the Colts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : two interesting things about this post: 1. I don't recall reading anything by EW indicating he was being subjective. 2. Your is an actual admission that you are picking and choosing. Good job.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Enoch you seem calm and reserved today, you must be happy about the win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Maybe that is why we see Dogg and Jbolt here so often..  they can at least discuss things, from their perspective, and not necessarily be thrown off the bus.  We may not like their point of view, but, most see it for what it is, a bit of bias here and there.  But, both dogg and jbolt have a tendency to be blind. 
    Posted by agcsbill

Dogg is an absolute phoney.  He/she comes under the guise of "wanting to hear other fans' perspective," but when the rubber meets the road, he has on a number of occasions shown him/herself to be Colts-biased.  Just read some of his posts, particularly after someone calls him out - he/she is an utter fraud.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : That's fine but I'm sure you watch every Indy game. If one team gets called for holding 3 or 4 times in a game and the other doesn't that is considered "getting the calls" because you could easily call any offensive line  for holding 4 times over the course of the game. I saw Moss holding twice in front of ref today blatantly and I was waiting for the yellow flag to pop up on the screen and it didn't.Everything went our way today. The Colts have this luxury pretty much every week. Judging from past posts I know you'll never admit it but the numbers don't lie and I don't even hate the Colts..I hate the Jets and the Dolphins but I don't care about the Colts.
    Posted by ewhite1065

So by your standards, since the colts are at the bottom of the league in penalties, they get the calls and refs do not try to call games objectively. 

This also assumes that you believe all teams generally commit penalties equally.  I don't agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

In Response to At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Hellll Yeah I admit it and it's about time..I'll take a win anyway we can and we definitely had the benefit of home town calls.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Like I said here before, all great teams get the benefit of the calls.  Shula got plenty of them and Bud grant still hates Shula because of that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Like I said here before, all great teams get the benefit of the calls.  Shula got plenty of them and Bud grant still hates Shula because of that.
    Posted by oggieman

That's what it's all about. Nobody got more calls than the Celtics of the Mid 80's. That's how the great teams win Championships. If you don't get 'em it makes it very hard because the opposing team in the playoffs is going to be pretty good too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

Gotta agree with Dogg.  The Pats get their share of calls, it's just human nature to only remember the times your team got scrawed (IYHO).  If you could somehow determine how many times each team was the benificiary of bad calls and how many times it was the malificiary (probably not a word, but it makes sense to me!), I don't doubt that the Colts have benefited on average.  But not by much!  There have been plenty of bad calls in Colt opponents' favor, and many of those have kept games close. 
    Posted by JulesWinfield

"Gotta agree with Dogg."  Gee, what a shock - another opinion that has no basis in fact.  Look at the overall penalty statistics, THEN look at the PI statistics re Colts vs. their opponents.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : It may be what I get when I ply my rhetoric on another team's site, but I hold this site to a higher standard.  Boston is supposed to be an enlightened city of higher education.   Besides being called FOS and actually being so are two different things. 
    Posted by underdoggg

My, in addition to being hypocritical, now you're sanctimonious as well.  Tell me, do your family and friends buy your BS or do other walking-talking carbon units by it as well?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

So I have admitted the colts get calls, and this seems to be the very thing those of you criticizing me want.  So how come you are still on my a*s?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So I have admitted the colts get calls, and this seems to be the very thing those of you criticizing me want.  So how come you are still on my a*s?
    Posted by underdoggg

Dogg...  it is not you don't admit the Colts get calls, you just do not like to say they get them more than any other team at the right time and many played a good part in many a Colts victory.  You can read it everywhere, SI, ESPN, Sporting News, USA Today and other sports boards and the reactions of fans to the Colts and their amazing come from behind victories and the penchant of the zebras to make calls in the Colts favor.  The running joke is when the Colts are losing late in a game, Peyton throws a long ball and, more than most teams, they'll get the PI call and a gift of a 30 -40 -50 yard gain to put them in position to win.  All too often, the Pats are the victim.  I'm trying to recall a PI call against the Colts that helped the Pats, can't think of one.  Until you are in the position of the "other guy", you have no empathy!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : So by your standards, since the colts are at the bottom of the league in penalties, they get the calls and refs do not try to call games objectively.  This also assumes that you believe all teams generally commit penalties equally.  I don't agree.
    Posted by underdoggg

Not true but I'm too tired to debate. You must love talking politics too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Dogg...  it is not you don't admit the Colts get calls, you just do not like to say they get them more than any other team at the right time and many played a good part in many a Colts victory.  You can read it everywhere, SI, ESPN, Sporting News, USA Today and other sports boards and the reactions of fans to the Colts and their amazing come from behind victories and the penchant of the zebras to make calls in the Colts favor.  The running joke is when the Colts are losing late in a game, Peyton throws a long ball and, more than most teams, they'll get the PI call and a gift of a 30 -40 -50 yard gain to put them in position to win.  All too often, the Pats are the victim.  I'm trying to recall a PI call against the Colts that helped the Pats, can't think of one.  Until you are in the position of the "other guy", you have no empathy!!
    Posted by agcsbill

Dude, I've only ever read it here! 

Sections
Shortcuts