At least PATS FANS admit it....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

Re: At least PATS FANS admit it....

The PI call was an example of why PI exists. You can't stick your arms out without looking back for the ball. 

The holding was suspect. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Dude, I've only ever read it here! 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Well, perhaps the reason you've only read it here is that this is the only place you troll.  I bet if you take a gander at other teams boards, following a game with the Colts, you'll read very much the same thing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : Dude, I've only ever read it here! 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]
    I live in Alabama, on an army post so I don't know a lot of Patriots Fans.  I'll watch football with fans of the Packers, Broncos, Cowboys, Chargers, Steelers and unfortunately Giants. 

Everybody thinks the Colts get away with calls more than anyone else.  I don't have an explanation for it.  Take it for what it's worth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : I live in Alabama, on an army post so I don't know a lot of Patriots Fans.  I'll watch football with fans of the Packers, Broncos, Cowboys, Chargers, Steelers and unfortunately Giants.  Everybody thinks the Colts get away with calls more than anyone else.  I don't have an explanation for it.  Take it for what it's worth.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

A.  The Colts have a very good team;

B.  Peyton Manning is the NFL's poster face--everyone loves the guy, the refs included.  It's a natural, "human nature,  reaction to give peyton and his team the benefit of the doubt.  

I am hoping Chad Henne can go to charm school and get a personality so the Fins can one day have their own "Everyone Loves Peyton" advantage.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : I got one for ya.  John Harbaugh threw a challenge flag, questioned the call and then picked it up saying he did not want to challenge.  He did not lose a timeout or get a penalty (if that would have been appropriate).  What I do understand is that when a team wins and gets a beneficial or questionable call, the media will eat up that controversy like a Tiger Woods Mistress.  On the other hand, when a team loses and gets a beneficial or questionable call, the media doesn't care.  To them such a thing doesn't matter.  Its not news because they cannot make a controversial statement with it.  Its like the media coverage given to a second stringer suspended for using peds.  It's not even mentioned because the player does not matter.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised too dogg, News outlets like NFL.com and ESPN wouldn't have ANYthing to lose whatsoever in terms of revenue IF The very nature of the rules and regulations were even potentially compromised in the NFL from one of the highest echelon of The Leagues governing bodies...  AS for Local, more team-oriented news outlets, I know the reporters in Boston are far too busy composing drivel about their own team's shortcomings, and I know that your local papers and web-sites, like The Indy star are far too busy themselves writing more objective and fact-driven pieces like "101 Reasons to Hate The Patriots" And stories on Bill Belichick nearly Killing a poor (possibly destitute, blind and handicapped) cameraman by "barreling him over" after the Colts/Pats game...so Everyone's all booked solid.

As for this previous post off of mine, I got through the first sentence of your response, "If there were ever someone on a committee like that seemingly doing such things for the benefit of his team while making sure that said laws of average were not considered or reviewed when, for example, his team shows up at the bottom of the league rankings in penalties year in and year out, I would bet that his team had more superbowl victories during his tenure," ...and then I subsequently gave up on the rest of your post; Realizing that at least it wasn't a rhetorical change-of-subject like some poster's offer, like "What about the tuck-rule" and "ALL Pat's Fans whine," YET Your Response was still fictional contingency...The "Oh yea, IF THAT did happen than THIS would surely be the outcome," of very specious reasoning. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : 1.  subjective was my opinion 2.  I am subjective, when I offer my opinion, that is exactly what I do.  The only one who has a problem admitting this is you my friend.  Actually, maybe I should be your sponsor.  Clearly, you are still in denial re: your own reality.

In point of fact, you often write down your opinion but state it as fact. You have been caught doing this many times by many different posters. 

Regarding 2 - I don't think you understand what is meant by picking and choosing. It isn't a question of opinion. What ew was pointing out was a matter of intellectual honesty. What you do is basically say that no cars are red and then proceed to point out all the cars that are not red to prove your assertion. You act (at least I hope it is an act) that the red cars passing you by are non-existent. In fact, sometimes you say they aren't even red. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : So by your standards, since the colts are at the bottom of the league in penalties, they get the calls and refs do not try to call games objectively.  This also assumes that you believe all teams generally commit penalties equally.  I don't agree.

Of course you don't agree. You rarely get along with the truth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : That's what it's all about. Nobody got more calls than the Celtics of the Mid 80's. That's how the great teams win Championships. If you don't get 'em it makes it very hard because the opposing team in the playoffs is going to be pretty good too.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I agree this does happen with teams, but the refs actually make up calls for the Colts. I have seen a few called in their favor that aren't even rules.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : My, in addition to being hypocritical, now you're sanctimonious as well.  Tell me, do your family and friends buy your BS or do other walking-talking carbon units by it as well?
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

Actually, he is always sanctimonious. He is in sales in real life, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]So I have admitted the colts get calls, and this seems to be the very thing those of you criticizing me want.  So how come you are still on my a*s?

No. You didn't. You said they get calls that could go 50/50 and then reference calls that were gimmes. That isn't saying they get calls. That is saying they get the benefit of the doubt on calls. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : A.  The Colts have a very good team; B.  Peyton Manning is the NFL's poster face--everyone loves the guy, the refs included.  It's a natural, "human nature,  reaction to give peyton and his team the benefit of the doubt.   I am hoping Chad Henne can go to charm school and get a personality so the Fins can one day have their own "Everyone Loves Peyton" advantage.   
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]
    He was funny on SNL.  I think it's exactly what you're saying.  A little bit of unintended bias, no conspiracy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: At least PATS FANS admit it.... : No. You didn't. You said they get calls that could go 50/50 and then reference calls that were gimmes. That isn't saying they get calls. That is saying they get the benefit of the doubt on calls. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I think you are just a ridiculous spinster.  Easy to be that on this site, as a fan, against me.   

Here are my words on THIS thread. 

"The PI call Indy got against Houston was a bad call." 

Clearly your efforts and goal are to have me agree, unequivically, with you.  That is the only thing that will satisfy you, and I would be happy to satisfy you if and when I agree with you. 

But the feeling has to go both ways, and where you are concerned, you would never do that.  In my opinion, that makes you far worse than anything either you or anyone else think of me.