At Least Teams Can't Raid Our Coaching Staff......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

At Least Teams Can't Raid Our Coaching Staff......

With no offensive or defensive coordinator on the Patriots staff, we don't have to worry about getting raided for our coaching staff.  Especially considering might be a NFL record for fired coaches this offseason.  San Diego, Denver, Minnesota, 49'ers, Carolina, Dallas, Bengals, Houston, and possibly Jacksonville, Giants, and even Oakland will be looking for coaching talent.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Re: At Least Teams Can't Raid Our Coaching Staff......

Yeah but, Don't you protect the coaches by having them assigned a "title". If another team pilfers a "titled" coach away from you the team at least gets to counter and or get some compensation(?) vs just losing the "untitled" guy straight up?
    I think without the title we have less protection from losing coaches...

I could be wrong, have been many times in the past.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't think any of the Patriots coaches would be considered for a head coaching position, anyway. Especially after McDaniels and Mangini, both who have not shown anything. I also don't see the Chargers dumping Norv...just yet. Essentially, Bill is the DC. He's always working with the defense personally on the sidelines. As for an OC, do they really need one? While I'm sure Belichick "oversees" the offense, I think he trusts Brady enough to run the unit with the help of lesser coaches. I think their playcalling is better now than when McDaniels was here. In any case, other than the bye week, hopefully none of their coaches will be available for interviews until the second week in February!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Well, it was speculated BB didn't give O'Brien and Patricia the titles for just that reason, but I don't necessarily agree it's the reason.

With all of the coordinators, outside of Mangini, all of them were essentially given a year to see if they had what it took before given the full on promotion and the title.

This wouldn't mean a team couldn't swoop in like thre Jets and clip someone like Patricia after only one year on the job, though.

I don't see either O'Brien or Patricia pulling a fast one like Manboobs did.  BB will never forgive Manboobs for riding his coat tails and then pulling the rug out, only a year after he lost Weis and Crennel like that.

Manboobs will probably never live that one down across the NFL.  He may have gotten his last head coaching job, too.   

The lowest of the low.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If I'm not mistaken, if Patricia was offered a coordinator job and that was a promotion from his current title, then I think the Pats would not be able to stop him from leaving. If it's a lateral move, they could invoke contract language to prevent him from leaving.

Tampa Bay did this a few years back under Gruden when someone (Marinelli?) wanted to interview for a coordinator job and they stopped him because his title was assistant HC or something that was at least equivalent to coordinator, even though he wasn't coordinator (Monte Kiffin was).

Anyway, isn't it all about money? If someone was willing to offer Patricia or O'Brien a larger salary and a DC/OC title, they'd be crazy not to go wouldn't they? Seems to me that Belichick will have to promote one or both of those guys at some point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Side note:  There was talk last night that Floyd Reese (Patriots Senior Football Advisor) is a candidate for GM in San Francisco..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

^^This wouldn't surprise me.  If a team like that is smart enough to make an offer, it's a good move for them and for Reese. Carolina should be knocking down that Reese door, but they won't.  Caserio is ready for the full role now, anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: At Least Teams Can't Raid Our Coaching Staff......:
    I don't think any of the Patriots coaches would be considered for a head coaching position, anyway. Especially after McDaniels and Mangini, both who have not shown anything. I also don't see the Chargers dumping Norv...just yet. Essentially, Bill is the DC. He's always working with the defense personally on the sidelines. As for an OC, do they really need one? While I'm sure Belichick "oversees" the offense, I think he trusts Brady enough to run the unit with the help of lesser coaches. I think their playcalling is better now than when McDaniels was here. In any case, other than the bye week, hopefully none of their coaches will be available for interviews until the second week in February!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

That's what I figured.You could add Romeo and Weiss to the list of head coach failures also. If I were looking to hire a head coach I would think thrice about plucking an assistant from the Patriots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

One would think that the fascination with Patriots non-player personnel would be lessened given the performance of those who left the organization for greener grasses.  Who has been successful in their post-Patriots career?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to At Least Teams Can't Raid Our Coaching Staff......:
    With no offensive or defensive coordinator on the Patriots staff, we don't have to worry about getting raided for our coaching staff.  Especially considering might be a NFL record for fired coaches this offseason.  San Diego, Denver, Minnesota, 49'ers, Carolina, Dallas, Bengals, Houston, and possibly Jacksonville, Giants, and even Oakland will be looking for coaching talent.  
    Posted by DuncanOrange

LOL, yeah that's exactly what BB was thinking.

BTW, have you noticed that all of his former coordinators have been fired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"One would think that the fascination with Patriots non-player personnel would be lessened given the performance of those who left the organization for greener grasses.  Who has been successful in their post-Patriots career?"

Maybe the coaches who left haven't been successful but Pioli in KC and Dmitroff in Atlanta have done very well so far as GM's (or whatever titles they have).  From what has been written during the yr, Floyd Reese does not handle the draft but is the main guy negotiating contracts with agents.  In my opinion, the upcoming front office guy is Caserio.  He has a background in both coaching and scouting and could make a good hire for another team down the road. 

Sections
Shortcuts