at least they didn't say they were "duped"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

at least they didn't say they were "duped"

Broncos dole out punishment harshly, and make strong statements on what is and is not acceptable from the organization.... 

The Denver Broncos on Monday suspended director of player personnel Matt Russell indefinitely without pay and director of pro personnel Tom Heckert for one month without pay for their recent drunken-driving arrests.

The team said in a statement announcing the discipline that they informed the NFL of the punishment and the league said it has no plans to impose further punishment.

Although they have expressed great remorse, this in no way excuses their conduct. The decisions they made away from the workplace undermined the integrity of our organization and the NFL as well as the values instilled by Pat Bowlen during his ownership.  -- Broncos president Joe Ellis

The Broncos also said that Russell and Heckert will be provided "treatment resources as needed in the form of education, counseling and other rehabilitation programs."

Both executives' progress in treatment will be monitored by the team and evaluated before they will be permitted to return to their jobs with the team. The Broncos said they also will monitor the legal cases of both men to determine their "future standing with the organization."

The Denver Post, citing police reports, reported last week that Heckert's blood alcohol level was .162, while Russell's was 0.246, well over the legal limit of .08 at the time of their arrests.

"Although they have expressed great remorse, this in no way excuses their conduct," team president Joe Ellis said in the statement. "The decisions they made away from the workplace undermined the integrity of our organization and the NFL as well as the values instilled by Pat Bowlen during his ownership.

"Specifically and most disturbingly, their actions endangered the lives of innocent people."

Vice president of football operations John Elway said in the statement that when he returned to the Broncos two years ago he stressed that each person employed by the team has "an individual responsibility to represent this team in the appropriate manner at all times."

"It's particularly disappointing that two members of my staff acted so irresponsibly. Simply put, it's unacceptable and inexcusable," he said.

Heckert, 45, was arrested in Parker, Colo., on the night of June 11 and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.

Word of his arrest, however, came just last Tuesday, one day after Russell, 40, apologized for his arrest days earlier on suspicion of driving under the influence. Russell was arrested July 6 on charges of DUI, no proof of insurance, careless driving causing injury, and having an open container.

State troopers say Russell was arrested after rear-ending a Breckenridge police officer's SUV that had stopped on the shoulder of Colorado 9 to pull over Russell, who was suspected of driving drunk. Russell and the officer were taken to hospitals and released.

Town spokeswoman Brodie Boilard said Russell had been in a minor accident earlier Saturday, and the other driver called police after suspecting Russell was intoxicated.

Meanwhile, The Post reported Monday that Broncos offensive lineman Quentin Saulsberry was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving on May 19. He spent last season on the team's practice squad and also served a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.

"We have been aware of Quentin Saulsberry's arrest and will continue to monitor the legal developments related to this matter, which is subject to review under the NFL's policies," team spokesperson Patrick Smyth told the newspaper Monday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: at least they didn't say they were

Oh look another rkarp thread complaining about the Hernandez situation.  What are we at now 50 threads at this point?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

how do you know they were hiding the arrests? because you did not know about it, does not mean they were hidden...

if you draw the conclusion that Denver WAS hiding these facts, why dont you draw the same conclusion with the Pats and Hern....seems you are the one who is contradicting yourself, as usual...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

If not acceptable, why did they hide 2 other DUIs earlier this year?  You're too stupid to see how disingenous they are.  It took a second front office person to assault a police officer in his car, while drunk, for denver to act.

Meanwhile, ne acted immediately on hernandez.

Do you know what internal discussions were held by the Broncos or between the Broncos an the commissioner's office when the initial DUIs took place? Have you seen anything saying the NFL offices were not aware of the Broncos DUIs?

The Patriots had to release a statement on the Dennard DUI because it was already in the news. Do you think the Pats would have been the ones to announce it had happened if it was not already out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Great, the Broncos did something "right" in rkarp's eyes.....maybe he's found the perfect team to cheer for this year? Clearly the Pats have done too many bad things for you to support them anymore right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

How many threads surrounding the same topic does one have to make to be considered trolling?  This is equivalent to Rusty's incessant Brady bashing threads.  Atta boy rkarp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Oh look another rkarp thread complaining about the Hernandez situation.  What are we at now 50 threads at this point?

this post has nothing to do regarding the Hern arrest. It is regarding how Denver handled 2 DUI situations with 2 of its executives. What does that have to do with Hern?

since you are counting, since Hern was arrested, I have started 4 posts regarding the situation. My posts actually are not about Hern, but about how the Pats have handled or mishandled the situation...which ESPN, YAHOO, SI, BDC, the Herald, EEI etc, etc, also have commented on....

I dont see you posting anything so compelling these days...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Great, the Broncos did something "right" in rkarp's eyes.....maybe he's found the perfect team to cheer for this year? Clearly the Pats have done too many bad things for you to support them anymore right?

the Pats have not dome anything "bad"...they made some stupid free agent decisions the past 2 years, made some draft choices that I have questioned, cut Wes...those arent "bad"...short sighted? stupid?

I am not saying the Pats did anything wrong here...I am saying I thought they needed to take a more proactive approach in saying very strongly, "we were careless and irresponsable in properly understanding what our players were involved with"..."we have immediately cut ties with this player, and will strongly review our vetting policies and back ground checks on players that have been in trouble in the past"...

I didnt warm up to "we cut him and we were duped"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

this post has nothing to do regarding the Hern arrest. It is regarding how Denver handled 2 DUI situations with 2 of its executives. What does that have to do with Hern?

since you are counting, since Hern was arrested, I have started 4 posts regarding the situation. My posts actually are not about Hern, but about how the Pats have handled or mishandled the situation...which ESPN, YAHOO, SI, BDC, the Herald, EEI etc, etc, also have commented on....

[/QUOTE]

Another completely deceitful post from the entitled primadonna.  

Yes, you haven't referenced every Hern post with the word "duped" mocking Kraft on how he handled the situation.  Phony.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

So you complain about the way the Pats have dealt with the situation including their lack of comment and then you post an article about how the Broncos "make strong statements on what is and is not acceptable from the organization".   You expect me to believe this isn't related especially with your choice of thread title?  Spare me.

[QUOTE]

My posts actually are not about Hern, but about how the Pats have handled or mishandled the situation...which ESPN, YAHOO, SI, BDC, the Herald, EEI etc, etc, also have commented on....

[/QUOTE]

So your posts are about Hernandez situation like I said...

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because its the offseason and things are slow.  Not posting anything is better than spamming the board with variations of the same argument (and believe me I have read every single one of your "articles" and they are all essentially the same thing) and getting into the same flame war with the same posters over and over again.  At the very least you could simply post all of these articles in one thread, but instead you choose to start new threads each time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

So you complain about the way the Pats have dealt with the situation including their lack of comment and then you post an article about how the Broncos "make strong statements on what is and is not acceptable from the organization".   You expect me to believe this isn't related especially with your choice of thread title?  Spare me.

[QUOTE]

My posts actually are not about Hern, but about how the Pats have handled or mishandled the situation...which ESPN, YAHOO, SI, BDC, the Herald, EEI etc, etc, also have commented on....

[/QUOTE]

So your posts are about Hernandez situation like I said...

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because its the offseason and things are slow.  Not posting anything is better than spamming the board with variations of the same argument (and believe me I have read every single one of your "articles" and they are all essentially the same thing) and getting into the same flame war with the same posters over and over again.  At the very least you could simply post all of these articles in one thread, but instead you choose to start new threads each time.

[/QUOTE]

so dont read them...right? or put me on ignore...no one is forcing you to read any postings...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh boo hoo, boo hoo! you sound just like Rusty for crying out loud. Do us all a favor and go grow a set and stop following me around like a little poodle (just like Rusty does)

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you haven't referenced every Hern post with the word "duped" mocking Kraft on how he handled the situation.  Phony.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh boo hoo, boo hoo! you sound just like Rusty for crying out loud. Do us all a favor and go grow a set and stop following me around like a little poodle (just like Rusty does)

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Mrahhh Kraft won't concede to my demands and conduct a thorough investigation detailing Aaron Hernandez's every word, action, and bowel movement while he was a member of the NE Patriots!  If they don't come out with more juicy details and satisfy my demands, I swear I will give up my (fake) season tickets!!!  Until then, I will flood the board with troll threads containing articles written by whomever agrees with me! Mrahhh"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Mrahhh Kraft won't concede to my demands and conduct a thorough investigation detailing Aaron Hernandez's every word, action, and bowel movement while he was a member of the NE Patriots!  If they don't come out with more juicy details and satisfy my demands, I swear I will give up my (fake) season tickets!!!  Until then, I will flood the board with troll threads containing articles written by whomever agrees with me! Mrahhh"

[/QUOTE]

I had this image in my head the other day but it was rusty and his brady bashing 24/7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

I had this image in my head the other day but it was rusty and his brady bashing 24/7.

lol yup.  Same concept.  Flood the board with a stupid topic just to create arguments.  

I stole the idea from Ricky/Godvernment.  I laughed hysterically when I first saw it.  Plus, that episode of South Park is a classic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Less than 2 hours after the AH arrest the Pat's cut ties most likely costing themselves close to 10 mil dollars in actual dollars and more importantly cap money this year and next and the owner of the team publicly states they need to internally audit the player evaluation process...

So do tell how have the Pat's "handled or mishandled" this situation. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Espn never admitted to being duped either. They just hired a string of totally unprofessional people, many of whom continue to work there. When is the CEO coming out to comment on these matters. We should be outraged...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/441629-jay-mariotti-arrest-the-espn-sportscaster-curse-strikes-again

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/ESPN-employee-charged-with-assaulting-an-officer-125585728.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/417983-espns-jeremy-green-arrest-son-of-former-nfl-coach-dennis-faces-child-p

Sections
Shortcuts