At the quarter pole - your biggest surprise about the Pats so far?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

At the quarter pole - your biggest surprise about the Pats so far?

Other than the obvious fact the team is 4 - 0 considering the total revamping of the offense, what has surprised you the most about the Patriots in this 4 - 0 start?

My two cents....

IMHO, the play of the defense has been most surprising.  Given the struggles of the offense, which generally scored plenty of points to overcome any defensive deficiencies, the fact the D has held on late in games to keep the W's from become L's.  Granted, the way those last few minutes of the Falcons game may have caused many to say, " Here we go again, the D collapses!", it didn't. The Pats have not been their usual "blow them away" type of team, as if we expected it, but, the play of the D is my biggest surprise of the season to date.

Let the debate begin! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: At the quarter pole - your biggest surprise about the Pats so far?

Thats a Hard one.....Im just gonna go with the 4-0 record and no Gronk and Amendola only playing in one.  I bet if faced with that prospect before the season, most would predict maybe 3-1, 2-2

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Other than the obvious fact the team is 4 - 0 considering the total revamping of the offense, what has surprised you the most about the Patriots in this 4 - 0 start?

My two cents....

IMHO, the play of the defense has been most surprising.  Given the struggles of the offense, which generally scored plenty of points to overcome any defensive deficiencies, the fact the D has held on late in games to keep the W's from become L's.  Granted, the way those last few minutes of the Falcons game may have caused many to say, " Here we go again, the D collapses!", it didn't. The Pats have not been there usual "blow them away" type of team, as if we expected it, but, the play of the D is my biggest surprise of the season to date.

Let the debate begin! 

I would say, seeing TB kind of lose it on sidelines in the first couple of games.  Don't get me wrong...I can totally appreciate where his frustration was coming from...I just imagined someone with his amount of experience and level of ability would be able to control it a little better.  I'm just pleased to see that he and the receivers seem to be working it out and are making real progress, as the season has been moving along.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have to say that for me it is the D as well.  Although I think it's still a little early, I'm encouraged.  How they perform against Cincy will be a helpful indicator.  I don't expect them to be particularly stout against NO but we'll simply have to see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

cyncal.. your comments about TB.  Could it be what he saw these players do in practice was not translating to the field during the games?  You know what I mean.  In practice they are making the moves etc he is advising them to make then in the games they fail to do so.  Sort of like an exasperated teacher exclaiming:  "How many times did we go over this formula, and you got it right in practice exams, only to get it wrong in the final exam?".

I would opine TB got that way because he felt these players knew what to do but didn't execute when called upon.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

My two cents....

IMHO, the play of the defense has been most surprising.  Given the struggles of the offense, which generally scored plenty of points to overcome any defensive deficiencies, the fact the D has held on late in games to keep the W's from become L's.  Granted, the way those last few minutes of the Falcons game may have caused many to say, " Here we go again, the D collapses!", it didn't. The Pats have not been there usual "blow them away" type of team, as if we expected it, but, the play of the D is my biggest surprise of the season to date.

Let the debate begin! 

I would say, seeing TB kind of lose it on sidelines in the first couple of games.  Don't get me wrong...I can totally appreciate where his frustration was coming from...I just imagined someone with his amount of experience and level of ability would be able to control it a little better.  I'm just pleased to see that he and the receivers seem to be working it out and are making real progress, as the season has been moving along.

I have seen that ever year since 2009 I think.  Don't look into what the media says too much.  I mean Steelers game like 4 years ago, Cleveland after that, Jets the following year.  He screams on the side lines all the time.  He's just vulnerable to more conspiracies at the moment such as the rookie problems from the media... 

It's all BS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

My two cents....

Let the debate begin! 

I have seen that ever year since 2009 I think.  Don't look into what the media says too much.  I mean Steelers game like 4 years ago, Cleveland after that, Jets the following year.  He screams on the side lines all the time.  He's just vulnerable to more conspiracies at the moment such as the rookie problems from the media... 

It's all BS.

I agree. He has thrown many a gatorade cups violently to the grown....Way before this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

The biggest surprise? In a word...Ridley.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

My biggest surpise was the way the Pats handled the Falcons.  The "Pundits" were clamoring how the Falcons were going to be a pumped up desperate team in their packed house with screaming fans while most of the Patriots best receiving core were not going to play. 

I'm also surprised at how fast and agile Blount is for a +250 Pounder. 

But OTOH, I suppose having the best Coach and the best QB in the NFL helped.   :)  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Just because TB is a great player doesn't mean he's a great coach. If this is the first season he's being asked to "train" WRs...maybe he just doesn't have the patient to be a good coach. Besides, he has turned into a prima dona 3-4 years now, this isn't new. It's only ironic cuz pats fans used to rag on poutin peyton any time they got a chance. Now we have our own version in town.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'll say being 4-0 with all the different challenges this team has face so far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My two cents....

Let the debate begin! 

What's the surprise? Brady has a low tolerance for idiots. He hasn't had a collection of idiots like this catching for him before now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Again, if TB screaming is the biggest takeaway, why the hell are you watching Patriots football?

1.  I love the development of KT and Dobson was on his way before getting his head rocked back.

2.  Seeing a power running game is refreshing  - especially with it helping play action with TB UNDER center and not in shot gun.

3.  The development and game changing plays by the defense.  

4.  A secondary that I have faith in.

5.  BB being happy after wins, which makes me giddy because he is seeing something that he hasn't seen in years possible (ugly wins)... better things to come it seems.

6.  This team is far from healthy yet 4-0, and there will be players getting healthier - Gronk, Armstead, Amendola, Vereen....  All while aother players get reps and get better.

Wait but TB yelling is what you take away?  C'mon maaaan....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Just because TB is a great player doesn't mean he's a great coach. If this is the first season he's being asked to "train" WRs...maybe he just doesn't have the patient to be a good coach. Besides, he has turned into a prima dona 3-4 years now, this isn't new. It's only ironic cuz pats fans used to rag on poutin peyton any time they got a chance. Now we have our own version in town.

Boy, I really disagree with Brady being characterized as a prima donna. I see zero evidence of that. He has restructured his contract at least twice. He lost almost 90% of his passing yardage to trades or injuries and refuses to use that as an excuse for his suddenly mortal passing numbers. He clearly seemed to celebrate every significant ball caught by his rookies receivers. Those are not the actions of a prima donna. I continue to believe that if the Patriots go deep in the playoffs this year, then this will be Brady's greatest performance as a leader. Yes, the team is more dependent on the running game and defense this year but he is still making key passes at critical times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

My two cents....

Let the debate begin! 

What's the surprise? Brady has a low tolerance for idiots. He hasn't had a collection of idiots like this catching for him before now.

Idiots??? LOL you're ridiculous.  Name calling? Really?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I didn't expect Blount to make the team or have the success that he's had.   I'm still not convinced that he'll be able to deliver all season long, but I'll give him his due.  He's been a pleasant surprise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I didn't expect Blount to make the team or have the success that he's had.   I'm still not convinced that he'll be able to deliver all season long, but I'll give him his due.  He's been a pleasant surprise.

It's committee back there remember.  They'll help eachother stay fresh.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

My biggest surprise is we're winning the close ones. That will be big come playoff time.     

Next is we're winning with all the injurys.  

And last is the D is making some stands. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Edit in reply to Anonymis

My biggest surpise was the way the Pats handled the Falcons.  The "Pundits" were clamoring how the Falcons were going to be a pumped up desperate team in their packed house with screaming fans while most of the Patriots best receiving core were not going to play. 

I'm also surprised at how fast and agile Blount is for a +250 Pounder. 

But OTOH, I suppose having the best Coach and the best QB in the NFL helped.   :)  

Reply to Anonymis

This is what I said but perhaps I didn't word it properly. 

"But OTOH, I suppose having the best Coach and the best QB in the NFL helped.   :)"

The point I was attempting make was:

Best Coach = BB   Best QB = TB  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

No surprises. I knew the defense would be improved. I knew Amendola would be great when healthy. I knew there would be growing pains with the rookie receivers. I didn't know the Pats would be 4-0 but I'm not surprised that they are.

Go Sox!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

The biggest surprise is how terrible they played against the Jets at home---then how good they played against the Falcons on the road.  Being undefeated w/out Gronk and Amendola--and Big Vince going down early against the Falcons is right up there. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

This is just ridiculous and stupid. I'm trying to show restraint, but I can only tolerate a certain level of absured and then I have to call it what it is.

This is the kind of brain-dead ignorance Rusty would be proud of.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Second choice would be Edelman leading the NFL in receptions without Gronk or Amendola on the field.

I knew he could easily slide in and present a Welker role for the team, but I didn't think he could do it without more support around him like Welker always had.

Yeah dumbkoff, but Welker did it against good teams as well as losers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I knew he could easily slide in and present a Welker role for the team, but I didn't think he could do it without more support around him like Welker always had.

Proof that Brady can make anybody look good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

That some Pats fans were worried about the Pats being able to win games!

Sections
Shortcuts