At the quarter pole - your biggest surprise about the Pats so far?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: At the quarter pole - your biggest surprise about the Pats so far?

I am not surprised so much as I continually marvel at how this Patriots organization continues to stay one of the most competetive teams year in and year out no matter the situation. Truly amazing.

This week vs Bengals.

No Gronk

No Hernandez

No Welker

No Lloyd

No Ridley

No Woodhead

No Vereen

What is that the top "7" offensive skill players from a season ago?

Absolutely outstanding at which they consistently compete, in an environment setup to specifically limit your ability to do so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well, more surprises in store against the Bengals now that Wilfork is gone and as Ridley is out for this game.  Gronk still out and will Amendola make an appearance and stay healthy?  More to come!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

4 - 0 record without majority of the top offensive weapons.  

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I think that, as far as a football team is concerned, the best way to settle down nervous rookie players is by demonstrating calm rational thinking when things aren't going right.  Hysteria only breeds more hysteria. 

Leadership involves appropriate use of the carrot and the stick. The stupidity of the rookies at that point needed some stick.

Your disappointment in Brady's leadership sharply contrasts BB's claim that Brady is the best leader he's ever been around.

http://erakablog.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/carrot-stick.jpg

Hey, clever picture.  Actually, my observation of Brady was only regarding that one moment in time.  I'm not basing my overall opinion of him on that one observation.  I have no doubt that BB was honest in his opinion about TB's overall leadership qualities and I don't think that my one criticism, in any way, challenges BB's view.  I was simply responding to the question at the start of this thread.  It's not right or wrong...it's simply an opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to Encinitas' comment:

In response to neinmd's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

Just because TB is a great player doesn't mean he's a great coach. If this is the first season he's being asked to "train" WRs...maybe he just doesn't have the patient to be a good coach. Besides, he has turned into a prima dona 3-4 years now, this isn't new. It's only ironic cuz pats fans used to rag on poutin peyton any time they got a chance. Now we have our own version in town.

Boy, I really disagree with Brady being characterized as a prima donna. I see zero evidence of that. He has restructured his contract at least twice. He lost almost 90% of his passing yardage to trades or injuries and refuses to use that as an excuse for his suddenly mortal passing numbers. He clearly seemed to celebrate every significant ball caught by his rookies receivers. Those are not the actions of a prima donna. I continue to believe that if the Patriots go deep in the playoffs this year, then this will be Brady's greatest performance as a leader. Yes, the team is more dependent on the running game and defense this year but he is still making key passes at critical times.

Amen and ...amen.  

Larry Bird once called his teammates sissies - and he was right.  He also led by example and his teammates followed him to a title.  Brady also leads by example.  He demands execution, but he is always accountable. it is whynhe is the greatest winner in this town since Bill Russell.

Some of the posters on this site should be locked up and forced to watch an endless loop of Marc Wilson lowlights. 

He also called himself a sissy.   And, in 1984, he wasn't showing his teammates up and staring them down. They also weren't rookies.

What a stupid parallel.

Anyone agreeing with Anonymis is a troll.

Brady has not won an offseason award in YEARS, basically since he met Gizzy and moved to LA to build some gaudy mansion.  Not a coincidence, these new WRs are looking good, further along than the new ones in years past.

Leadership shouldn't need to be showcased in front of a camera like Brady to tries to demonstratively do all the time. It's more so what he did this offseason, like getting in here and working with new players so it appears he's not above that.

That's an excellent example of the leadership I'm talking about. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.  I was only responding to the question that was asked.  Now, if you want to know what I'm most pleased about with this team, at this point in time, I would happily quote your 6-point list word for word.  I can't argue with it.  You're right on the money.  But, let me assure you...just because I responded differently to this question than you did, makes me no less of a fan.  I love watching this team play, probably every bit as much as you do.  On the other hand, if you're one of those who gets into painting themselves different colors or wearing costumes to games, then I will acknowledge that you might be a bit more of a fan than I am.  Cool

I think the TB yelling thing is way over blown, that's it.  I guess that set me off.  BTW  I don't dress up for games (as I live on the west coast), so I guess we're on the same level of fanism... I think I just made up a word.  ...

I tend to think it was over-blown, as well.  It seems that he and the receivers have gotten back to addressing the important things and I think it shows.  Fanism...good word, even if it is made up!  Cool

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady has not won an offseason award in YEARS, basically since he met Gizzy and moved to LA to build some gaudy mansion. 

Right dumbkoff.

That's why he has been to the pro-bowl every year since he hurt his knee.

And that's why he was voted #1 by the players 2 years ago (and #4 last year and this year).

And he is the Pro Football Hall of Fame All-2000s Team #1 QB.

And MVP in 2010. But I guess when you say "years" you take the minimum of that definition and go with 2. LMAO@U

You're pathetic.

Pro Bowl? Brett Favre went to the Pro Bowl in 2008 with  20 TDs and 20 INTs. Not really an ideal argument for you, is it?

Pro Bowls are for stats players. 

It's comical to see you contradict yourself in the same post.

First you mock Favre based on his stats for a pro-bowl nod, then claim pro-bowl nods are given based on stats.

You're incompetent. LMAO@U

Or reputation. Yes. For example, a worse DB than someone else might have more INTs and go to a Pro Bowl, but someone else may have played the position better in terms of run  support, clutch pass breakups, etc.

It's comical how dumb you are thinking I contradicted myself when I didn't. lmao

I don't care if Brady goes to a "Pro Bowl". When Bruschi, Vrabel, etc, used to never go and were winning SBs, I didn't care then either. 

You're the tool who was griping about Brady not winning awards "in years" Megatool. I pointed out some of the things he has been recognized for, then you try to turn it into some sort of discussion on the merits of the pro-bowl.

You are a phony lying nutjob imbecile, and you prove it on nearly every post. LMAO@U

• Sections
    Shortcuts