Atlanta In Miami - Key Early Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Atlanta In Miami - Key Early Game

Hopefully, Miami will lose this game and we will beat Atlanta in week 4.  It would be nice to start creating a lead in the division. Worst case scenario Atlanta beats both teams or - if Miami wins - the pressure will already be on to Win vs. Atlanta.  Imprtant test for both teams.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130916-falcons-will-be-a-test-for-both-the-patriots-and-the-dolphins.ece

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Atlanta In Miami - Key Early Game

and maybe this would be an opportunity for rookies on both sides of the ball get plenty of snaps

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130916-surprise-surprise-coach-bill-says-tampa-bay-0-2-is-good.ece

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Its all about matchups. Will be good to see how Miami fairs against them. They could matchup better, who knows. Miami has very talented safeties. Ok CBs and a couple real good D lineman on Defense. ON offense they are still coming together but the Lamar Smith kid is a smooth runner. Looks like a keeper and M.Wallace is being integrated more each week.

Im more so looking at what Miami will do because thats our division opponent and could have a say wether or not we make the playoffs. Buffalo is gonna be decent this year too. I always hear about how bad our division is, but our division always does well vs the NFC which is greater than the AFC at the current time.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Its all about matchups. Will be good to see how Miami fairs against them. They could matchup better, who knows. Miami has very talented safeties. Ok CBs and a couple real good D lineman on Defense. ON offense they are still coming together but the Lamar Smith kid is a smooth runner. Looks like a keeper and M.Wallace is being integrated more each week.

Im more so looking at what Miami will do because thats our division opponent and could have a say wether or not we make the playoffs. Buffalo is gonna be decent this year too. I always hear about how bad our division is, but our division always does well vs the NFC which is greater than the AFC at the current time.

I think our division actually has a chance to not be that bad this year. Buffalo could be decent if Manuel can have himself a good rookie year, and Miami is talented (just need to see how Tannenhill and L. Miller develop). 

The only team I can't see (possibly) having a "decent" season is the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

it's been true the past 3 years or so? Maybe not this year...lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well yea its true , compared to the Pats. So I guess my point is, of course they look bad when put against the best organization in the league. Outside of our division and in the NFC, they have always faired well. Every division has bottom feeders. Some more than others. AFC North has the Browns who are on the rise this year.

NFC East is always propped up as great but the record at the end of year never validates it. Actually the best division in football this year could come from a  division some said was the worse in history just a few years ago(8-8 team won the divison). The NFC West. We Struggled against THEM and lost to the Worst team in that divison.(Cardinals) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Well yea its true , compared to the Pats. So I guess my point is, of course they look bad when put against the best organization in the league. Outside of our division and in the NFC, they have always faired well. Every division has bottom feeders. Some more than others. AFC North has the Browns who are on the rise this year.

NFC East is always propped up as great but the record at the end of year never validates it. Actually the best division in football this year could come from a  division some said was the worse in history just a few years ago(8-8 team won the divison). The NFC West. We Struggled against THEM and lost to the Worst team in that divison.(Cardinals) 

everything comes and goes in cycles. Who knows how long the Patriots will be on the up cycle....lol Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Atlanta is pretty dinged.  They just lost Biermann for the season and their DL wasn't that great to begin with.  S Jax and Asante have some nicks and Roddy White looks terrible trying to play through a high ankle sprain.  Their offensive line has never been that great.  I expect Wake to have a field day.  Atlanta is a team that I think overachieved last season.  They are good, but they are too weak in the trenches imo.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Atlanta is pretty dinged.  They just lost Biermann for the season and their DL wasn't that great to begin with.  S Jax and Asante have some nicks and Roddy White looks terrible trying to play through a high ankle sprain.  Their offensive line has never been that great.  I expect Wake to have a field day.  Atlanta is a team that I think overachieved last season.  They are good, but they are too weak in the trenches imo.

If you dont have someone to cover Julio, All that can be moot. I agree they are overated but they play very well in the reg. season. Just like us. I guess Im like BB in that aspect. When facing opponents I always expect them at full strengh and try to project a tough matchup. I guess I just cant take those things as indications of how we will play. Sure, Roddy White may be knicked up, but Im worried about our chemistry on offense right now and keeping pace as far as Atlanta is concerned. They are 2 weeks away. I expect them to be there in 2 weeks. Thats the BB way!  Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

Good, sensical post from you. Interesting.  Meds kicking in?

Thought you'd like it. Its early though so lets hold off on sending post cards to each other.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If you dont have someone to cover Julio, All that can be moot. I agree they are overated but they play very well in the reg. season. Just like us. I guess Im like BB in that aspect. When facing opponents I always expect them at full strengh and try to project a tough matchup. I guess I just cant take those things as indications of how we will play. Sure, Roddy White may be knicked up, but Im worried about our chemistry on offense right now and keeping pace as far as Atlanta is concerned. They are 2 weeks away. I expect them to be there in 2 weeks. Thats the BB way!  Wink

It will be a tough game for sure.  If my earlier post made it sound differently that wasn't my intention.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I see Falcons and Saints very beatable teams.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The Dolpins beat the Colts in Indy, beating the Falcons at home would probably register about the same. A win for the Falcons is a much bigger deal. They need to worry about falling two games behind the Saints having already lost to them once. If the Phins do win, Atlanta wil be desperate at home versus the Patriots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Sure, they're beatable.  The Atlanta game will be our first "real" test to gauge our offense and defense?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

Sure, they're beatable.  The Atlanta game will be our first "real" test to gauge our offense and defense?

[/QUOTE]

I would say this game will be a defense test.

1) They have a deep threat in Julio Jones, let`s see how seconday contains him.

2) They have a Good QB, Matt Ryan is a very good passer.

3) They have a great TE, let`s see how the defense contain Tony Gonzalez, one of the biggest problem in the defense, is covering TEs.

4) Don`t forget Stephen Jackson and Rogers this is a good rb duo( if Jackson plays)

Don`t forget Roddy White, he could have a great game too. Remember this Offense scored 30 points in Seattle defense this year in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

3) They have a great TE, let`s see how the defense contain Tony Gonzalez, one of the biggest problem in the defense, is covering TEs.

4) Don`t forget Stephen Jackson and Rogers this is a good rb duo( if Jackson plays)

Don`t forget Roddy White, he could have a great game too. Remember this Offense scored 30 points in Seattle defense this year in the playoffs.

At this moment in time - any team is a test for our offense Laughing

And, since AW didn't work out - I'm wondering if our secondary woes will continue or if Talib is enough to shore up the secondary w/o additional help.

Would Collins be able to cover Gonzales, if he plays at all?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

At this moment in time - any team is a test for our offense Laughing

And, since AW didn't work out - I'm wondering if our secondary woes will continue or if Talib is enough to shore up the secondary w/o additional help.

Would Collins be able to cover Gonzales, if he plays at all?

[/QUOTE]

Let Talib Covers Jones with McCourty helping him, and Dennard covering White, talking about Gonzales I think this is a good situation to see what Colling can do. The key is create a lot of pressure on Ryan.

Sections
Shortcuts