Attending nfl draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Attending nfl draft

Kids got me tickets for the draft and am driving up to mini soviet union for the draft.  I know I have to leave my gun home.. Bring my own soda.. Salt.. Will smuggle my cigarettes in, but am not sure my passport to the northeastern states is valid for ny. 

Has anyone attended wearing pats gear?? And is it worth the effort to go?  One more thing off my bucket list..

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Attending nfl draft

Awesome!  Congratulations!! You better wear your Pats gear and post on here about the experience.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

jeezzz. so lucky. please go rep the Pats proudly in Jet/Giant land.

I want to go to the draft one day

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The draft sounds like a good place to go in early May. Good luck and don't bite into the creaps from NYJ/NYG harrassment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Wear Pats gear!  Just hope this year Pats STAY in the first round this year instead of dropping out again for the 2nd rd!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to fishers5's comment:

Kids got me tickets for the draft and am driving up to mini soviet union for the draft.  I know I have to leave my gun home.. Bring my own soda.. Salt.. Will smuggle my cigarettes in, but am not sure my passport to the northeastern states is valid for

ny. Has anyone attended wearing pats gear?? And is it worth the effort to go?  One more thing off my bucket list..

What on earth?

Rusty, what he means is that large swaths of Brooklyn are Soviet enclaves. Brighton Beach now is called 'little Odessa'. Used to be Russian and European Jews in BB, but now it's taken over by former Soviet 'goodfellas' and they make loads of money and pay no taxes. Very dangerous people if you cross them. They just take advantage of our welcome committee. They speak only Russian, English when necessary.

That's where we came from before moving to Boston, I was 8 Yo. I'm going there 'Little Odessa' again after SB week. Maybe I'll invite Leon for a chopped liver sandwich, on me of course!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Don't wear your Pats gear at the draft or walking around the city. You will be mocked, accosted and harassed. You will be called names, much like here on the forum if you question any decision made by BB, some dumb azz will immediately, all day, every day jump in and say something stupid. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I believe the OP is referring to the recent turn of events politically in NYC and not so much the emigres; he's certainly not the first to post his views on this board in that regard.

To the OP, whether or not you wear your Pats gear is up to you.  That said, from what I understand there are generally quite a few Jets fans there and they have a reputation for being rather abusive. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

Kids got me tickets for the draft and am driving up to mini soviet union for the draft.  I know I have to leave my gun home.. Bring my own soda.. Salt.. Will smuggle my cigarettes in, but am not sure my passport to the northeastern states is valid for ny. 

Has anyone attended wearing pats gear?? And is it worth the effort to go?  One more thing off my bucket list..

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a fun day. Yes, be careful. I'm sure you saw the recent national story regarding that Neanderthal DNA has been found in all humans. Oddly some areas of the United States have humans with rather large Neanderthal DNA in their gene pools. The largest has been identified as those from New York....so have fun, enjoy, but act accordingly.............

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats07. Show tg19pats07's posts

I went a few years agodressed in pats gear and was mocked but nothing really serious. I hate the new draft format, loved the old routine. I do not have the time or money to spend travelling in and out of the city for three days. Lots of good football talk and fans of all teams were representing thelast time I was there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Kids got me tickets for the draft and am driving up to mini soviet union for the draft.  I know I have to leave my gun home.. Bring my own soda.. Salt.. Will smuggle my cigarettes in, but am not sure my passport to the northeastern states is valid for

ny. Has anyone attended wearing pats gear?? And is it worth the effort to go?  One more thing off my bucket list..

What on earth?

Rusty, what he means is that large swaths of Brooklyn are Soviet enclaves. Brighton Beach now is called 'little Odessa'. Used to be Russian and European Jews in BB, but now it's taken over by former Soviet 'goodfellas' and they make loads of money and pay no taxes. Very dangerous people if you cross them. They just take advantage of our welcome committee. They speak only Russian, English when necessary.

That's where we came from before moving to Boston, I was 8 Yo. I'm going there 'Little Odessa' again after SB week. Maybe I'll invite Leon for a chopped liver sandwich, on me of course!

[/QUOTE]

Now Anna chapman looked like a very nice soviet.  *sigh*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a fun day. Yes, be careful. I'm sure you saw the recent national story regarding that Neanderthal DNA has been found in all humans. Oddly some areas of the United States have humans with rather large Neanderthal DNA in their gene pools. The largest has been identified as those from New York....so have fun, enjoy, but act accordingly.............

[/QUOTE]

And in the spirit of full disclosure I'm 2.7% Neanderthal, genetically speaking, according to a recent analysis of my genome.  Pretty certain that the percentage increases once the NFL regular season begins.