Attention Mr. Brian Waters!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

Attention Mr. Brian Waters!!

Sir!

We in Boston and our forefathers f'ed up those gentlemen in the red coats which is why we have pride, respect and tradition.

You are one of the nastiest guards i've ever seen.

We need a ring back in New England!!

Make your children, grand children and great grand children proud and come back and help us get that ring sir!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Attention Mr. Brian Waters!!

I don't know what his problem is.

Does he want a little more cash?  If so, give it to him.  He played at pro bowl level last season.

Does he want to stay home in Texas?  Retire then.

Would he rather play for the Texans?  Forget it.  He signed a two yr. contract and if I were the Pats I would hold him to it.

So Waters, make up your mind already.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, Salcon, he PROBABLY told the team he wants time to think about it, and they said "OK".  If we have a need later in the year, and he's got the itch, we can pick him up.  Then he doesn't have to go through a Favre type UNretirement.  This gives him some time to see how it fits, because if the team pushes him into a decision, he may just retire. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not wanting to bash Waters because I like the dude and thought he was awesome for the Patriots last year but how fitting would it be to win the SuperBowl without him this year?  Think he would be kicking himself??  That would be hard to handle!

Not so sure I could walk away after that many years in the NFL then finally getting to the SB and having a chance to do it again this year.  But if he felt it was time to stay home and spend more time with the family then I certainly won't fault him for that decision.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

What's annoying is he spent all spring and summer to now just announce his retirement? I agree it's unlike BB to allow a player to do that, so he makes a special arrangement, and he waited all that time? Pretty crappy move, IMO.

Even Gerard Warren, who is a speed dial type of a player here now, was in camp.

did i miss something? did he retire? When? any link please?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What are we all two years old on this site? The guy's 35 years old and he'd be entering his 14th season if he came back.  Maybe he really thinks it's too much for him now.  All of you school marms riding high on your little hobby horses should try getting beat up in the trenches for 14 years then come back and tell us all what a shame it is for a guy to want to retire. Based on the evidence we have, I'm sure Waters told BB he's ready to retire and BB simply said, don't rush into the decision, we'll keep a place for you if you change your mind . . . there's absolutely nothing wrong with that on either Waters' side or Belichick's. Please, let's not be children . . . 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Either he wants to retire or not. 

He's a grown man, he should have been able to make up his mind by now.

He either wants to play or not.  He's had all spring and summer to think about it.

I agree with DelGriffith, it's unprofessional and immature. 

It's OK for us to be immature we're not the one's leaving our teammates hanging.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I am well over it. Brian Waters doesn't want a SB ring badly enough and I'd prefer to play the ones that do.

Waters's decision is duly noted.

You talk like you think you're BB himself.  Talk about delusions of grandeur . . .

As usual Rusty, your childish little power trips interfere with your ability to understand things.  It's quite possible that Waters and Belichick have been in regular communication and every time they talk, Waters says "I want to retire" and Belichick says "That's fine, but just hold off on making the decision official and see how you feel later in the year.  If you decide you want to come back, we'd love to have you back."  Waters than says, "Thanks Coach, that's really kind of you." Belichick says, "No problem, just give me a call if you decide you've got the itch to play again."  Is there anything wrong with that?  No.  Absolutely not.  In fact, it's quite decent of both of them.  

Why do you have this compulsion to beat up on people?  Are you really that insecure? Actually, don't bother to answer--your posts have long ago revealed you for exactly what you are. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

What's annoying is he spent all spring and summer to now just announce his retirement? I agree it's unlike BB to allow a player to do that, so he makes a special arrangement, and he waited all that time? Pretty crappy move, IMO.

Even Gerard Warren, who is a speed dial type of a player here now, was in camp.

WOW!!! You have absolutely NO clue what you are talking about!!!! Do you understand that at younger than 40, most football players are long since retired and the DIFFICULT decision to do so comes with a major price. The rates of abuse (drug, alcohol,physical) and suicide among retired athletes is ASTRONOMICAL compared to us "regular" folk. BB has always given veterans the "respect" they deserve by having an open door policy as far as older players deciding on whether or not they will continue their careers. There is NO other team in the NFL that has had more Vets COME BACK to New England due to the way they allow players nearing retirement to choose how they go out. Even players who never suited up for us (Clinton Portis) wish they had a chance to play for this organization. So if Mr Waters, Mr Carter Mr Warren or ANY  Mr.......yes you Mr Testaverde :-)..... who is clamoring to play for us and bolster a SB run down the stretch, wants to take their sweet ace time deciding, I won't hold a clock or a calendar to their head.
    It's either HERE or the farm for these guys and I for one love holding those cards!!!!!!

Good post, LeatherHelmet . . . Rusty has this fantasy about BB being some kind of hard a$$ who likes to exert "leverage" over other people.  But that's just impotent Rusty's little fantasy.  BB is really a pretty understanding guy, especially with those who have earned it like Waters has.  

I have met personally only one player who actually played under Belichick (he's a friend of a friend and a guy with three Super Bowl rings).  At a barbeque at my friend's house, I asked this player what Belichick was really like.  He had only glowing things to say.  At the time he was long retired so he didn't need to tow any line.  His words were heartfelt and honest.  Players really respect and like Belichick.  It's pretty obvious when you hear them talk.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Prolate,

Did you just use the words "delusions" and then create a little made up dialog from your head about Waters and BB discussing why it's ok for a player under contract, not retiring, etc, and can get paid to sit at home?

LMAO

Cannot be made up. Cannot be.

My god.

Again, dumbkopf, they don't pay him if he doesn't show up.  Why can't that simple fact penetrate your thick skull? 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts