ATTENTION PATS FANS... IM INTERESTED IN YOUR INPUT.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

ATTENTION PATS FANS... IM INTERESTED IN YOUR INPUT.

tom brady has said that he wants to play 10 more years.  i just dont see it.  tom brady has been a god-send for the patriots, and i will be devastated to see him go.  That being said... at what point do the patriots begin to groom toms replacement?  have they already begun with hoyer?  i would prefer for the patriots to have a young guy come in and build the franchise around him (similar to aaron rodgers) rather than go out and get a veteran QB (like NYJ last year).  what do you guys think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: ATTENTION PATS FANS... IM INTERESTED IN YOUR INPUT.

Tom said he wants to play for 10 more years.  He didn't quantify it, but, one has to presume he means 10 "quality" years.  I believe he would be the first to back off if he finds he is not contributing to the team's success.  At this juncture, given how he has come back from one of the more seriuous knee injuries a QB can suffer, his work ethic will keep him in the "quality" years category.

When the Pats do pick in the draft a QB, it seems they do so to back-up Brady, not replace him as a starter.  Once we see them pick a name QB who appears to be on the replacement track, then it means BB and Pats brass think Brady is on the wane.  Until then, why worry?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

its not a "worry" thing.  its just a point of interest for me.  i like to look towards the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Pats could very well take a QB in the next two drafts.  Four 2nd rounders this yr, and the Raiders top tree pick the following year.  Having a young stud, under a rookie deal, in the stable for that Oh Shinkies Moment is a plus.  Brady was  a find in the 6th and Cassel was a steal in the 7th.  Their are some good QB's coming out and you have to take a good look at Tebow because the guys is a Winner and may give you some position flexibility.  Also a young Stud QB is a great trading chip down the road.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I bet he wants to break Terry Bradshaw's record for Super Bowl wins for a QB.  If that happens before 10 years is up, I think it would then be time to wonder if he'll continue to play.

Same goes for Belichick and Chuck Noll's record for Super Bowl wins for a head coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I never heard 10 years, but I heard till 40.  I think we will continue to groom QB's of the future, trade them as needed till he is actually gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

QB's have shown they can play at a hight level until at least 38 years old.  If Brady is playing at a high level at 38 they probably won't even think about it then.  When Brady's play starts suffering they'll look into who can take the reigns.  It's safe to say the Pats are set for the next 6 or 7 years, they can use thier draft picks elsewhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I was going to start a post like this around week 6 when Minn was undefeated.  We all saw Brett get killed last year in NY.  But this year the Vikes have a legit shot at the NFC title.  Could this be a blueprint for a good QB when he gets older?

If the Pats draft the #1 RB in college in say 7 years from now... continue to build defense, etc.  We could be seeing a 40 year old Tom Brady make his final SB run!

I know its all years away, but I'm just saying....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Why can't the Pats draft the number 1 RB in the draft in 2011? With Oaklands problems it could end up being the #1 overall pick. 2011 might be a good time to grab a QB to groom as Brady's replacement. It wouldnt surprise me to see that pick traded into 2012 if the draft stock isn't to Belichicks liking. We have a boat load of second round picks this year. All the talent will declare for the draft this year because it'll be the last draft with big rookie paydays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If Brady stays healthy and in shape I don't see why he can't be a quality QB until he's 40.Brady at 75% is better than most QB's in the league. If he suffers a severe injury that Hobbles him or gets too many concussions then I would start worrying but if you start grooming someone over the next couple of years he's going to end up like Matt Cassell anyway and head out to another team. I'm not going to worry about it for at least another 4 or 5 years unless Brady gets hurt pretty bad. Look at Favre.  I'd be sick to my stomach if I were a Green Bay fan.
    The Pats will just keep bringing in serviceable backups and then moving them as necessary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to ATTENTION PATS FANS... IM INTERESTED IN YOUR INPUT.:
    tom brady has said that he wants to play 10 more years.  i just dont see it.  tom brady has been a god-send for the patriots, and i will be devastated to see him go.  That being said... at what point do the patriots begin to groom toms replacement?  have they already begun with hoyer?  i would prefer for the patriots to have a young guy come in and build the franchise around him (similar to aaron rodgers) rather than go out and get a veteran QB (like NYJ last year).  what do you guys think.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

TB has earned the right to stay as long as he feels he can compete better than the next guy. (think Bret) I would obviously like to skip all the, "I'm retired, I'm not retired" stuff, but outside of that, I think to 40 TB will be fine. I also think he is still growing and getting better..

I hope he can stay that long. I like how he wins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Do people say this crapp about Manning?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: ATTENTION PATS FANS... IM INTERESTED IN YOUR INPUT.:
    Do people say this crapp about Manning?
    Posted by garytx

Probably on the Colts Forums. But Manning has managed to stay relatively healthy too. If I were a Colts fan I would be expecting him to play until he was 40 also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rosmay. Show rosmay's posts

The Pats have had some good ones, some fair ones, and some bad ones. Grogan was one of my favorites. A tough, tough kid who could throw; Plunkett was good; That kid who started the 85 Super Bowl against the Bears was the worst. Forgot his name. No guts. But Brady is the best of the best. He could last 6-7more years as a starter then hang around as a backup. Probably not as he won't need the money and will have other opportunities. He is right up there with Unitas, Montana, Manning, Kelly, and that kid from Denver. Hoyer? Who knows? Got a long way to go. Pats have enough time and patience to develop Brady's successor, barring injuries. Maybe some kid still in high school or just entering college. They have been petty good at identifying talent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: ATTENTION PATS FANS... IM INTERESTED IN YOUR INPUT.:
     That kid who started the 85 Super Bowl against the Bears was the worst. Forgot his name. Posted by rosmay[/QUOTE]

Tony Eason: First team to win three road games to get to the SB. That was a tough game, went up against DaBears, no one was beating them. I lived in Chicago that year and was at that SB. Was part of the famous 83 draft with Elway, Kelly and Marino. He had an arm.

The Patriots were dead from the singing of the National Anthem, you could feel it on the field. Like the Christians vs the Lions. Christians had the right stuff but the Lions came to eat.

Sections
Shortcuts