audible code word

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

audible code word

In the Denver game, Brady approached the line, went under center, and began shouting,"ORANGE,ORANGE,ORANGE." Anyone have an insight as to what this meant?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: audible code word

Not sure, but I know Brady said "Rita" a lot as well.

And then I noticed that Peyton was saying it too.

Pretty weird.

It is probably a shift in protection or something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Maybe he was telling catering that he wanted some oranges at the post game buffet. [:)]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

OMAHA OMAHA!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rita and Omaha are pretty common terms used to pick out where the blitz is coming from and which player to watch (at least from the Pats stand point). Notice how he'll point out the mike first then will sometimes make the call off of it. It's usually used just to signal defensive formations and to signal those players who might be affected by those formations to look at Brady for audiables (notice which players turn their heads when they here the signal call) which is typically followed by a second signal describing the audiable to use. But I've also seen Brady use omaha to signal a snap count when the D isn't ready yet. Using signals that are typically used to call out D formations as a snap count will catch a D asleep if used sparingly.

Orange though is a new one to me. That might be one of their new 1 word signal calls to completely change the call at the line into a new O formation and play

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from polarisxrip. Show polarisxrip's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rita and Omaha are pretty common terms used to pick out where the blitz is coming from and which player to watch (at least from the Pats stand point). Notice how he'll point out the mike first then will sometimes make the call off of it. It's usually used just to signal defensive formations and to signal those players who might be affected by those formations to look at Brady for audiables (notice which players turn their heads when they here the signal call) which is typically followed by a second signal describing the audiable to use. But I've also seen Brady use omaha to signal a snap count when the D isn't ready yet. Using signals that are typically used to call out D formations as a snap count will catch a D asleep if used sparingly.

Orange though is a new one to me. That might be one of their new 1 word signal calls to completely change the call at the line into a new O formation and play

[/QUOTE]

Omaha is used to cancel presnap motion in a play.. orange no idea

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Some of it probably changes week to week too. Brady is the best no huddle QB out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to polarisxrip's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Omaha is used to cancel presnap motion in a play.. orange no idea

[/QUOTE]

Makes sense usually it's used to help signal an audiable during a D read but never heard of it used to cancel pre-snap motion. usually I just see Brady wave them off as the motion starts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In the Denver game, Brady approached the line, went under center, and began shouting,"ORANGE,ORANGE,ORANGE." Anyone have an insight as to what this meant?

He was complimenting Peytons new uniform.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

He yelled Whiskey a few times on Sunday as well. Maybe thats why Welker was making jokes about BB after the game...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

I thought he yelled "BLASTO" on a couple of plays.... not sure what it meant... but I believe that depending on the lineup the different words actually change something slightly to be a play that Brady thinks would be most successful depending on the def.     NOTE they all sound distinctly different than each other... so even when it is tough to hear exactly what is going on you hear the sound and know what to do.... as long as you know the playbook that is....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

o.r.a.n.g.e~ Offense Run At New Guy Extra blocking

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

o.r.a.n.g.e~ Offense Run At New Guy Extra blocking

[/QUOTE]

Original Refs Are Not Giggling Effers

Only Robots And Nerds, Go Empty!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

The only audible i heard and understood was

"Gronk get Miller"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nothing new, used it last year, as well as alpha

what would be cool is if he used bridget, bridget. LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

'Orange' - Halftime drink order, soda or juice

'Omaha' - Postgame steak request

'Whiskey' - message to Gisele to get the good stuff out and be ready for some fun

'Rita' - alternate to 'whiskey' when favoring tequila

Obviously.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

'Orange' - Halftime drink order, soda or juice

'Omaha' - Postgame steak request

'Whiskey' - message to Gisele to get the good stuff out and be ready for some fun

'Rita' - alternate to 'whiskey' when favoring tequila

Obviously.

[/QUOTE]

Eli uses Omaha now. SF uses Kill it Kill it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

He was asking for orange juice--didn't get his daily vitamin C for the day--so he got it from the Orange Crush----I think Denver used to call their "D" that?

Sections
Shortcuts