AUSTIN COLLIE: could he be walking thru those doors?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: AUSTIN COLLIE: could he be walking thru those doors?

Man I hope not.  While he is talented the Pats just can't take a chance on another player that could very, very possibly be out for a long time due to an injury (concussion).

As I mentioned in a different thread, I think he is done!  Finished!  last I heard he got a concussion at the barbershop getting a haircut.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to ImagydFanBoston-Twitter's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744343/source-patriots-work-out-wr-collie

as the Contrarian predicted weeks ago, the pats may getting a COLLIE to walk thru the doors. first tebow, now austin, the Commy's been on a roll. just made too much sense at the time. he's 27. he just had a workout. man, i love this team right about now! hen healthy is one of the best slutslots in the game. made peyton look good all those years. if his HEAD is in the game, he shoud b a great addition. he's had concussion issues, but will be a low risk deal that we specialize in! even if he's just for practice fodder, could b worthwhile. we are short right now!

I think I heard Denver will try him out also. Make sense with Manning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

My 2 cents on Austin Collie.  The guy is a great slot with no fear, great hands, and a sense for the ball. 

He is also a ticking timebomb in my opinion.  I don't know if there are rules in football to keep out a guy who wants to play, but if there are, this guy should be on that list for his own good.  I am usually one who says let individuals make their own path, but I am really worried about this guy and I thought he was great. 

I hope, for his and his family's sake, no one picks him up, and it pains me to say that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Who does he beat out for the slot?  Amendola, Edelman, Boyce, Hawkins, or Jones?  They certainly are not going to keep more than 3 slot guys!   Remember Edelman was going to start ahead of Welker last year and Amendola is a bigger, younger, faster Welker . . . yes, both have had injury histories but not concussions (the next hit could be it for Collie).  Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but I like what we have and do not think he is worth a contract.  I think Boyce is the third slot guy and Jones starts the year on the team if Edelman is not ready to go.   Let's put some money on the defensive side of the ball if we have some left.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Patriots bringing in a white slot WR? Color me shocked.

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Who does he beat out for the slot?  Amendola, Edelman, Boyce, Hawkins, or Jones?  They certainly are not going to keep more than 3 slot guys!   Remember Edelman was going to start ahead of Welker last year and Amendola is a bigger, younger, faster Welker . . . yes, both have had injury histories but not concussions (the next hit could be it for Collie).  Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but I like what we have and do not think he is worth a contract.  I think Boyce is the third slot guy and Jones starts the year on the team if Edelman is not ready to go.   Let's put some money on the defensive side of the ball if we have some left.

IMO, a healthy Collie may have been better than Amendola, but that is pure speculation tinged with a bit of homerism on my part.  Hopefully, we'll never find out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Collie needs to retire from football before he spends the latter part of his life not knowing where or who he is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Commie and Collie both need to retire...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Ha.  +1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Collie's had his bell rung so many times he looks like the Liberty Bell.  I know we like to take risks on players who've had a history of injury issues, but this guy is a glass cannon if ever there was one. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I didn't realize we had such an elaborate medical staff here at BDC.....I say let him play, the NFL has medical clearences every player has to pass in order to play and if he's cleared them let him play. I don't see one negative post about his abilities so if he can help the team win games let him!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ImagydFanBoston-Twitter's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744343/source-patriots-work-out-wr-collie

as the Contrarian predicted weeks ago, the pats may getting a COLLIE to walk thru the doors. first tebow, now austin, the Commy's been on a roll. just made too much sense at the time. he's 27. he just had a workout. man, i love this team right about now! hen healthy is one of the best slutslots in the game. made peyton look good all those years. if his HEAD is in the game, he shoud b a great addition. he's had concussion issues, but will be a low risk deal that we specialize in! even if he's just for practice fodder, could b worthwhile. we are short right now!

Yawn!!!! Collie suffers a concussion every night, when his head hits his pillow. This guy is more prone to injury than Ras-I.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Thank you sir.