Austin Collie Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Austin Collie Hit

In Response to Re: Austin Collie Hit:
    [QUOTE]And what the heck does Phil Simms know? I love how these commentators side with the officials. Maybe they are told to by the NFL, but how about some commentary that is unbiased. And yet another Colt's touchdown that was handed to them by the NFL. 25% of Peyton's career touchdown drives have been aided by the league.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]
    You have an actual %. I'm impressed. Not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Happens all of the time adam.  What about no intentional grounding for Vick.  Give up the ghost.  their's no bias for the colts by the NFL.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]
    Patsie fans are peeved because they lost to a cra p team today. Someone just needs to bury them. I hope it's next week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Austin Collie Hit : Yeah they could have. However I don't think that was first and foremost on their minds at the time. Funny thing is, if they had challenged it, the Indy trolls would be whining. I think the general consensus is by all of the commentators is that it was a catch, and wasn't a penalty. The Colts have benefited from officiating for years and that is undisputed.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]
    Will you take a pill and go to bed?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]You forget that Bill Polian owns the NFL officials, so every time a Colt is hit, it's a penalty.  Every incomplete pass is a PI call.  Just like he changed the NFL rule book to accomodate Manning. It's a lot easier to win when you get every call at every critical point. The Collier hit was 100% clean, but it's against the Colts, so it's a flag.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

you hit the nail right on the head, the entire world outside of indy, and the nfl officials knows this. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

One thing that wasn't discussed is the play calling.  Collie was hurt on a straight up the hashmark seam route.  It's an inherently dangerous play for the receiver as well as for the safety who has to come and stop it.  The Colts run this route over and over again.  In fact they ran it on the very next play, and at least three more times in the game.   Most teams don't run this play much because it's difficult to execute and can result in turnovers.   If the Colts care about the safety of their receivers they shouldn't keep running the play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Not saying it is right, just trying to rationalize the foul.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE] No offense meant but that was a bogus call on both aspects, after watching the replay it was apparent that Collie had caught the pass and had taken two full steps with the ball in his possession and then upon impact from the first tackler fumbled the ball, the second guy hit him shoulder pad to shoulder pad with a completely clean hit. The NFL is and has always dreamt up ways to help goober and his team this is just another example of the way the NFL wants things to go. As for the Patriots they stunk to the high heavens! The game plan was stupid,the QB couldn't throw a proper pass for the first three possessions, and the defense got straight ran over! Oh did I mention that Gronkowski was terrible? The only part of the game he didn't mess up on was running out of the tunnel to start the game. The worst part was watching Tom throw the ball all over the place but no where's near any of his intended targets. He took to much time trying to see what the defense was doing instead of operating his offense in a timely manner,by constantly running the clock down to the last second before snapping the ball he gave the Browns enough time to recognize the formations. I hope he takes the heat in practice for his lazy game calling. Also Gronkowski needs to run about a thousand laps to atone for his lack of holding onto a football in the red zone,I wouldn't have put him back in the game after the fumble. Morris is out of here as soon as Taylor gets a clean bill of health. He has decided that since he's not a starter why give a starters effort.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.