Austin Collie is back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Austin Collie is back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/05/patriots-bring-austin-collie-back-for-another-shot/

looks like some insurance agaisnt Dobson and Thompkins injuries.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Austin Collie is back

Dobson's injury is more than originally expected to be?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

at least we know he can make the big catch if need be

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I hope that Dobson is not hurt badly.  That said, I'd rather have Collie on the field (if healthy) than Dobson (rookie) if it were a choice between the two.

Collie can never give you a full season, but he may be able to handle the load down the stretch (7 games max.).  He's a proven talent.  Only health keeps him off the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am not happy about this.  We need KT and Dobson to be healthy if we want to be able to consistently challenge defenses on the outside.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I am not happy about this.  We need KT and Dobson to be healthy if we want to be able to consistently challenge defenses on the outside.

I like both of the young guys but at this stage of everyone's career Collie beats them both for

route running

hands

We are headed for the stretch run.  I'd rather have someone with big game experience.  Collie had that with the Colts.  He outperformed Wayne in the '09 playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

good signing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Collie is another slot receiver, not a bad addition but we need and want Dobson back, you can't teach or replace big, fast, strong with good vertical leaping ability.  Dobson and Thompkins added another layer of difficulty for opposing teams to defend that we've been missing since Moss left.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Collie is another slot receiver, not a bad addition but we need and want Dobson back, you can't teach or replace big, fast, strong with good vertical leaping ability.  Dobson and Thompkins added another layer of difficulty for opposing teams to defend that we've been missing since Moss left.

[/QUOTE]

This. The rookies are the best the Pats have in terms of a consistent outside threat. IMO having both of them healthy would be huge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/05/patriots-bring-austin-collie-back-for-another-shot/

looks like some insurance agaisnt Dobson and Thompkins injuries.

[/QUOTE]

This gives Dobson and Thompkins more time to heal and catch their breath.  Being rookies, a little extra rest before going into the playoffs is not a bad thing.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

So much for seeing what Boyce has to offer....OH WELL, at least he's returning kickoffs now. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This to a degree. Yes, they are both needed, but we do have some outside presence with Edelman and amendola. Although not great outside options, they offer a little more there than say Wes. So for the short run, it's,okay. But for the playoffs, I would expect bothmofmthem back and collie released When they are ready.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Simply amazing how 22 year olds can hurt themselves running and fall.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want to see Boyce, what is going on there?

I like Collie, it just those concussions I worry about.  If, and that's a big "if" he can stay healthy then this will be good.  I have always liked how he played.  But this concerns me about Dobson and Thompkins.  They need to be on the field getting as many reps as they can.  They can't be out there looking lost in the playoffs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Simply amazing how 22 year olds can hurt themselves running and fall.  

[/QUOTE]

ROFL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Think it will be Boyce and Amendola on the outside for a few weeks with Edelmen and Collie in the slot (may even see Vereen out there for a few plays here and there) . . . this is Boyce's chance to prove himself and I'm hoping the kid can come through!  If Dobson and Thompkins can get health and back on the field in 2-3 weeks then we'll be ready for the playoff run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All the talk about needing a guy on the outside being able to keep the opponents defense honest by stretching the field, Amendola runs a 4.4 40, Edelman runs a 4.4 40, Boyce is a 4.3 guy with a broken foot if I remember correctly so he's probably a 4.29 guy when healthy. We need receivers who can catch the ball when it's thrown in their direction. Collie caught three passes in the Saints game and didn't drop any, he's a trust guy who already knows the system.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want to see Boyce, what is going on there?

I like Collie, it just those concussions I worry about.  If, and that's a big "if" he can stay healthy then this will be good.  I have always liked how he played.  But this concerns me about Dobson and Thompkins.  They need to be on the field getting as many reps as they can.  They can't be out there looking lost in the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

I think both Dobson and Thompkins have moved past the point of "looking lost".  They have both shown a great deal of improvement throughout the season.  I kind of like the idea that they both get the chance to catch their breath, before we get into the playoffs.  No doubt, they have never had to work this hard for so long in a season before.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Who is cut or on IR to make room?  Or was there an open slot already?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe they waived D J Williams earlier this week.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would be correct, sir!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  That's a relief.  Was worried Dobson or Thompkins was going to IR. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

He's back, Why? Doubting the rooks now?

It might be good, he did good in those 5 plays he played for us. Once he takes a hit to the noggin then we will have to IR him. 

Sections
Shortcuts