Austin Collie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Austin Collie

Just wondering why the Pats didn't re-sign Collie for the preseason as insurance.  the guy look pretty good for his brief stint with the Pats and seemed too pick up the system pretty well.   Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Austin Collie

I'm not directly answering to you since you are Bustchise,

but the Austin Collie thought has ran through my mind. He made clutch catches last season for us, but I think there is already a log jam at WR and there may be a guy on the bubble (Thompkins, Gallon?) with the jam at the position to I doubt we see him.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think they've already got Amendola and Edelman in that role and I think they are hoping either will be a better, longer term solution than Collie, though Collie could be back if there's an injury or one of those two doesn't play well. 

I think a lot of these slot receivers are interchangeable for the Pats--if they can run the routes and have reasonable hands, Brady will make them look good.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Gallon has the hands and elusiveness typical of the WR's that this team has seemed to cultivate: Welker>Edelman>Gallon. Gallon can return punts as well so it is a way for him to contribute till he picks up the system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they've already got Amendola and Edelman in that role and I think they are hoping either will be a better, longer term solution than Collie, though Collie could be back if there's an injury or one of those two doesn't play well. 

I think a lot of these slot receivers are interchangeable for the Pats--if they can run the routes and have reasonable hands, Brady will make them look good.  

[/QUOTE]

Well, hopefully Collie will be available because I don't see Amendola going a full season without some kind of injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gallon has the hands and elusiveness typical of the WR's that this team has seemed to cultivate: Welker>Edelman>Gallon. Gallon can return punts as well so it is a way for him to contribute till he picks up the system.

[/QUOTE]

I hope Gallon will be as good as you think.  But it would be nice to have another proven veteran as insurance.  Relying strictly on rookies scares me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Isn't  there like 11 receivers on the team already?  Need to dump some before adding some.  Collie was good once last season, but that was it.  I don't think the Pats need him.  If going to add, get someone who can stretch the field.  At this point I would pass on him..

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not directly answering to you since you are Bustchise,

but the Austin Collie thought has ran through my mind. He made clutch catches last season for us, but I think there is already a log jam at WR and there may be a guy on the bubble (Thompkins, Gallon?) with the jam at the position to I doubt we see him.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

lmao....so, if Footballexpert45 is Bustchise, does that make you Rusty?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the problem is that the guy is one hit away from being a sea sponge, I'm actually surprised they signed him last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Vegetable lasagna is on speed dial just in the off chance amendola, Dobson, KT, Boyce or Edelman get hurt. Don't worry, we won't need him this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lmao....so, if Footballexpert45 is Bustchise, does that make you Rusty?

[/QUOTE]

It's called sarcasm...?

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmaxxx. Show kmaxxx's posts

Please no, Belichick

Just say no to Austin Collie.  He is one hit away from being Austin Cauliflower.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the problem is that the guy is one hit away from being a sea sponge, I'm actually surprised they signed him last year.

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sometimes the cruelest truth can be funny....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to kmaxxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please no, Belichick

Just say no to Austin Collie.  He is one hit away from being Austin Cauliflower.

[/QUOTE]

Again...bwahahahahaha!

Why Collie? If there was eve a position where we do NOT need additional cannon fodder it's slot receiver.

Sections
Shortcuts